Industrial Deals HPC Children of Blood and Bone Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on April 15, 2016
You must know before buying this - it isn't perfect, far from it. But odds are, if you have a train-crazy child - they won't notice.
The cons: First, it was about as easy to put together as an Ikea product, the holes weren't drilled correctly and even my mechanic husband was cursing it by the time he fit it together. Both of us together took several attempts to get the track lined up, and there really is no point in having the printed board because the track covers up the majority of it. Several of the trains were poorly glued together and the tops were off-center, some of the paint chipped immediately and the little drawbridge sticks. Carl Conductor's hat snapped off within a few minutes (super glue....), and the trains don't fit under the bridge unless you wedge the blocks under the red plastic part instead of the wooden pieces (which makes it more wobbly, this part has fallen apart several times). The train magnets have been fine but the cars don't stay on the track very well. All things an adult who just shelled out $100 for this would notice.
However - the pros are that my two year old didn't noticed any of this. He played with this table for about three hours non-stop the first day. Sure he was irritated when the trains kept derailing, but he absolutely adores it. At the end of the day that's all that matters, he doesn't notice paint chipping in spots or the off-center and poorly stamped signs, he just wants to push the trains (Carl's hat popping off did freak him out, he frantically informed me Carl was "hurt").
So - if you buy this, know that it is going to have a lot of flaws that will make you grind your teeth for shelling out $100 for it. But odds are your child is going to love it.
on April 18, 2016
This is a nice little table and a great way to get a wooden train set and multi-use table in your house without investing a fortune into the Brio class of toys. A note about assembly- our arrived in fine shape and is easy to assemble. I say that as a member of the Ikea furniture generation. My father who is in his 70s had a heck of a time putting it together. But if you're already well-versed in the cam lock and dowel lifestyle--and if you're a parent of a train-set-aged kid, I'm guessing you are--then this is a quick and easy product to assemble. The track set up can be a little tricky if you want it to look like the picture on the box-- my advice is to just copy the picture, piece by piece. Most of it is easy, but there is one piece that can throw off the whole thing-- the piece that goes under the bridge. If you use the wrong sized straight piece (I forget if you need the longest or the medium one and it isn't totally obvious from the photo), the whole thing will work, but fit poorly and you'll think the whole thing is a piece of junk. But if you copy the photo exactly with the tracks, it's just fine and fits the table perfectly.

The image painted onto the table top does not correspond with the tracks (the tracks will run right over the "lake" etc) but I think this will only bother adults.

I highly (Highly!) recommend cutting out the photo of the track set up and taping it with heavy duty clear packing tape to the side of the table so you can re-create the tracks when you're kids destroy it.

Yeah- the "Conductor Carl" engine is too big to really use on the tracks as it does not fit under the bridge. Your kids won't care- there is another smaller engine in the set and they can do whatever they want with the bigger engine.
on August 26, 2013
i was surprised by the quality amd size of this table for the price. awesome! directions for putting it together suck but once i fivured it out only took 15min to put together. the track took longer then that ;) my twins havent played with it yet but im sure will be thrilled. the trains are cute and so are ll the buliding and signs. great quality. one star got taken awaybecause one corner was damaged in shipping...but other then that this table is FIVE STARS:) Do ur kids a favor and buy it u wont be disappointed!
on December 9, 2014
I tried putting this together (before Christmas Eve thank goodness!!) and it broke as I was assembling it. It was so hard to put together I wanted to scream. The wood legs are crap and made of pressed particle board. Now my son's table is broken for the holidays, pieced together with duct tape, and I can't return it because I bought it in September. The 80 pieces it comes with are almost all individually wrapped in plastic, and it took forever to undo them all. Pay the extra and buy a decent table.
on July 31, 2015
My children love this table! I've been looking for a train table for a while now, but they are all very expensive. This one, however, was very well priced, especially given that it comes with everything you need to build a decent size train track. There are enough track pieces to build a train large enough for he whole table, and it even came with a train set that fits the tracks. We have also used a Chuggington train set that fits perfectly as well.

I did take one star off for two reasons: the map does not line up perfectly with any train track configurations, and the edges of the map board was a little bent back. That said, my kids certainly don't mind and given how much young children abuse their toys even when they try to play gently, I'm haven't stressed over it too much. Overall, I love this train table, and so do my 2-year-old and 6-year-old.
on January 22, 2015
If you want something that will last this is not the train set for you.
Areas of obvious damaged had been painted over with a blue that was not quite the same color. This set was sold to me as new but it was clearly not new. Very poor form to paint over damaged goods and resell them as new.
The screws that came with it were damaged beyond repair. Once assembled( and that was difficult due to the screws) it was rickety. The trains are cheap and do not stand up to being thrown or played with roughly by a rambunctious little boy (or girl). The table top is a hard type of card board.... Not very nice. If you have children who like to climb, the table is not strong enough to hold their weight and will bow in the middle. because the construction is poor this will cause the table top to slip off of the shallow shelf that holds it in place and it will fall through. Dangerous to say the least. I should have known by the price. I guess this goes to show that you get what you pay for. My advice is to spend a little more and buy something that is made better. This is not a quality set. If your budget is 100.00 then spend it on the train set and put it on a table you get at a thrift store and saw of the legs....seriously this is a piece of junk...don't buy it.
on December 24, 2016
so i got this thinking perfect something in my price range my son will love it. i had to redo all of the holes that were provided because they didnt line up right then as i was doing the side of the board blew out now i have to hide it because it is brand new sucks knowing that someone cant put the holes where they needed to be now my sons table looks like a hand me down take my advice dont buy this take a little more and see if you have luck with a little more expensive one
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 5, 2015
After looking at lots of tables this was the best bang for my buck, especially since it came with tracks, decorations, and trains. The base of the table is well made and all the pieces are completely painted. The edges are smooth so no worries about boo boos. The table comes with instructions on putting it together (super easy) as well as instructions for the train tracks. The pieces fit together extremely well. Only small, small issue is the grade for the hill makes it hard for Chuggington trains to stay on the tracks. Other than that minor issue this table and train set is PERFECT.
on December 29, 2013
This train set is way nicer than it has any right to be for less than $100. The table is large and the pieces are nice. I was expecting a poor quality set and what arrived is the nicest train set I've seen, other than the one they have at our public library. My two and a half year old climbs on it with no problems. My six year old has a great time with it also. We are looking for a way to glue the track together though, because the toddler likes to take the tracks apart. It was shipped in it's own box which arrived damaged. A small piece of the table was chipped off. I didn't say anything about it to the family and they haven't even noticed it, so yay.
on January 25, 2016
Great value! My kids love it. It took about five minutes to assemble the table, and about ten to lay down the track.
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.