Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 103 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 115 reviews
on July 24, 2013
As I sit here I am still sweating after putting this ladder together. It took me two hours and they were two difficult hours. The two legs would not fit through the designated slots and no amount of pounding or jiggling them would get them to line up. I had to cut the holes with a saw so the legs would fit. That being said, the ladder seems sturdy, much better than the metal one that came with my intex pool. The directions were hard to follow at times also. Overall good product, just difficult assemble.
on August 18, 2015
Nice ladder but you MUST get the stabilizers which I special ordered from the company. They cost me another $50.00. Now that I have both it is much better but it was much to wobbly to use by itself. It did say to actually bolt the top of the ladder threw the top of my pool but I was not going to drill holes in the top rail of my pool! I like how the ladder folds up for safety. My husband however does not like the steps themselves they dig into his feet and hurt him, I have to somewhat agree, however I think they are made like that so they are not at all slippery.
on July 13, 2015
I have filled the inside legs with water the outside legs with sand it is still unstable. It floated up as was getting out and I was on the 2nd from the top step I had to grab the side of the pool to get it back down then jump off to keep from falling backwards!! It slid today when we got in it to show my husband what it was doing. Bowed when I was getting out of it and I'm far from the 300 # weight limit. Waste of money and the time it took to put it together.
on August 9, 2014
first of all I was so excited about getting something that was going to be safe and sturdy. When we recieved the ladder the instrutions were so vague and even the pictures included where not clear. Never did get the saftey ladder to work. We were so frustrated that we just put it together the best we could figure out. Should have sent it back but we thoughT at least it would be sturdy. WRONG!!! This ladder twist and wiggles even when we put the water in it. SO DISAPPOINTED!!
on June 12, 2015
The Ladder looks and sound goods, but it's not. All the screw holes have to be punched out, some are extremely hard. ( to make it easy and faster, use a drill) The Ladder is not cheap either, should have been priced at $99.00. It also should have come with some kind of brackets to attach on the sides to make it more stable. You should not have to purchase additional products for safety, or as other people and our selves have noted, make something work for safety. This ladder AS IS, is unsafe.
Pay a little more for a better ladder, or except the additional cost of the separate attachment available for an additional $49.00 a must have for safety! And now your over $200.00.
on June 29, 2011
Now that I have it assembled....the ladder seems to be good quality, and a good value for the price. It does have some side-to-side movement, but seems very sturdy besides that.

About the assembly...I assembled it by myself. Some help wouldn't have hurt.
The first problem I had was punching out the holes in the "boots" that go on the end of the legs. I didn't realize until I had done a few holes, that I only needed to worry about doing the top ones. Some of the holes punched out cleanly, others didn't. I used a hammer to tap the bolts through the boots and the holes in the ladder legs.

The second problem I had was that one of the "boots" (there's 4) was a little thick on the inside from the molding process, I guess. I had to take a pocket knife and shave it a little on the inside to get it to slide onto the leg. This was after trying unsuccessfully to tap it on with a hammer.

The tread connector on the "swing-up" side was tough to get on and almost required the use of some four letter words. The directions say to "tap" the tread connectors into their holes, but believe me, I had to swing away with the hammer.

One of the steps during the assembly of the barrier requires a little muscle and determination.

It took me a lot longer to assemble than I expected, maybe an hour and a half.

Tools I used:

A mallet is shown in the photos, but I used a hammer.
Phillips head screwdriver
Pliers
Pocket Knife
Cordless Drill/Screwdriver
The directions call for a 5/16" drill bit, but I don't see any steps that say to use it....Maybe to get the holes drilled in the boots?

Editted to add: I realized later that the drill bit was to be used to attach the ladder to the side of your pool if you chose to do so.
on July 11, 2014
Bought this is 2011 and love it. The ladder that came with our 16x48 intex pool was terrible. This one is very sturdy and has weight to it. My husband is 6"1" and this is perfect. My kids even use it to jump in the pool(even though they should not). This was worth the purchase and investment. I like it has a safety feature where you can lift up the ladder so younger kids can't just climb in. This ladder is great
on May 19, 2016
Nice ladder for our Intex Ultraframe pool. Was very easy to put together, just read the instructions. It's not real stable so we have to hold it for the little ones to climb up and down - but the Intex ladder wasn't any better. At least this one will not rust through and break after one summer. Definitely glad we got this.
on May 21, 2017
I like the size but the cheap ladder that originally came with my pool is more sturdy. This wobbles and there is no way to attach it or stabilize it. Filling it with water does not keep it from moving side to side as you use the steps.
on July 20, 2016
It's fine. I wish it came with instructions and hard wear for securing platform. The steps are a little hard on the feet due to all the deep ridges, I'm sure it's a safety factor. Next time I'll save up more money and invest in a bigger, sturdier ladder.