Industrial Deals HPC Trade in your textbooks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on January 8, 2017
This book is more of an autobiography than a resource guide. Her own story is very inspiring on how she overcame bad odds and was driven to succeed, however the book only provides a couple, if any, basic tips for scholarships. Most of the information is already known and can be found on the internet. I would not have bought this book had I known she won two junior Olympic gold medals, crowned Miss Jr Teen, and Miss Indiana Teen USA. I feel those grand titles had a lot to do with winning most of those scholarships. Basically, she states students need to get involved with the community by volunteering, been an outstanding member of the community, have good grades, join clubs, have good resume, good relationship with your teachers , get recommendation letters, and a great essay. I just saved you $12.
22 comments| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 27, 2017
My daughter got it! She read through the entire book and now has a clear idea as to what she needs to do. She has a game plan.
on August 1, 2014
Very good source materials and advise. A treasure for my daughter in college and my daughter to follow. It reiterated a lot of the suggestions and tips I spoke to my girls about and because it came from a source who mirrored some of their shared experiences, it resignated with them both. I'm appreciative of her gifting in writing this book as she illustrates how the scholarships she was awarded and in receipt of allowed her the unencumbered freedom and financial means to pursue her dreams.
on January 25, 2014
This was a good read. It was more encouraging than technical. That would be the draw back is the lack of technical information. Let me back up and say that for a high school student it is the right amount of technical speak. For the individual such as myself with a BA in Management going for my masters, I wish it was a little more in depth in the specifics. Those that are post graduate is a little different concerning grants form the state and federal. They are very much limited to specific fields of study. I was glad I bought the book. I am giving a copy to my 16 year old son since he will be taking a similar route considering there is little savings for his college.
on March 12, 2017
Good information and an easy read. The author is motivating and positive
on April 24, 2013
I have found this book to be full of a lot of very helpful and useful information. The best part is I am reading it and my daughter, who will be a Junior in high school this coming August, finds it just as good to read. It is easy to find specific information and the story of Kristina's life is very touching. We have started using some of her suggestions this year and will be doing even more in the next two years. I am glad I got it soon enough to really make a difference in our future.
on October 7, 2017
Meh....
on January 9, 2016
Very inspiring book, written in a clear and efficient way. I would recommend to any student who wants to work hard and is ready for commitment. Although following the steps does not guarantee a free college, the book is definitely worth it to read because it has many good points and guides you to have a better chance to win a scholarship.
on June 5, 2016
Grand kids love this book.
on April 19, 2017