Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 43 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 50 reviews
on February 7, 2011
First, considering how much I paid for this item, it is a decent exercise machine. The directions are crap; I stopped using them about 5 minutes into the assembly and I did just fine putting it together.

There were two things about this machine that drove me nuts.

1.) The box itself had a hole in it. Next, the parts bag was opened and the parts were falling out of the box when I carried it to my car from the post office. Then, I contacted Amazon customer service who said they would not send me a new bag of parts (probably about $5 to ship). Rather, they wanted to mail a new box (which weighs about 60lbs) have me take the parts out and mail it back. This is the most ignorant thing I've ever heard of not to mention a waste of money. I love Amazon, but that was just stupid. Anyways, I made it work without Amazon's help.

2.) The pedal assembly has reverse threads...both sides are different. Somehow I mismatched to bolt ant the nut on one side and nearly stripped the threads trying to force it on until I realized what I was doing wrong.

Other than the above, its good for an at-home exercise machine. It wobbles just a bit, but what do you expect for a $150 elliptical? Simply, you get what you pay for.
on June 4, 2015
I am quite disappointed. My unit arrived on time and the carton was fine. However, when I opened the box the inside was kind of in disarray. I got everything out and ready to assemble and, sure enough, I was missing a lot of parts. I called the service number and they were very accommodating, and sent me another package of parts. I assembled the unit (which was a pain) and, when I tried it there was a "clunking/scraping sound" coming from inside the plastic cover over the flywheel. I called tech support again, and they suggested I take the cover off to see what was happening. To do that I had to take off the pedals, etc.. When I tried the unit without the plastic cover, it was as quiet as can be. I took off the pedals again, replaced the cover, and put the pedals back on (again, a real pain). I thought perhaps the cover hadn't been tight enough, so I made sure it was tight this time. Sure enough, the "clunk" was back, worse than before. This time I got behind the unit and kept backing off on the screws, and pedaling by hand, and finally got the sound to go away. Now the cover is pretty loose, but at least the scraping sound is gone. As I used the unit I also found that the front of the frame isn't square with the rest. Not sure if it's bent or...Also the unit makes a lot of squeaking/squawking noises, even though I have oiled and tightened all of the joints. Now the good part...I love the unit as it fits my space perfectly and gives me a great workout...in spite of all of these negative issues. Jim Carey, Las Vegas, NV
on April 14, 2011
It will not peddle, like its stuck or something. The tension is turned all the way on the lowest level. My husband took it apart and put it back together 3 times before giving up on the piece of junk. Now having to waste more time taking it apart, packing back up and sending back to Amazon. Seriously-don't do it!
on December 26, 2011
I was so excited to see this under the tree on Christmas morning until I we put it together...I can see why the hell this is was so inexpensive! It is a cheaply made NON FUNCTIONING peice of junk! The materials used to make this are very cheap and when you use it it rocks side to side like a ricketty roller coaster. (I liken it to Tony Little's Gazelle trainer, if you have ever seen or been on one of those. A Gazelle is basically a cross-country skiing action but you can lean back or forward if you want and it typically runs $99-ish dollars but is also VERY cheaply made. The only reason I would choose this machine over a Gazelle would be because this machine is a walking motion rather than a cross country ski motion).

It was relatively easily to put together but the resistance function doesn't work so it is virtually NOT exercise! As another person mentioned, you do feel like to you lean forward too much, but that's not really an issue since it doesn't even work well enough to use properly. The other beef I had with it is the computer-it looks like an old-school Atari screen!

My final beef with this is that it has a weight limit of 220 lbs. so if you are significantly overweight, this machine is not a good choice.

So to recap: Cheaply made materials, non-working elements, and too low of a weight limit to be effective for those who are significantly overweight. My wife is extremely sad and we are both so disappointed so this product is going back to the manufacturere as SOON as I can disassemble it!
on March 29, 2015
Elliptical took a while to put together -- if you have an aversion to vague instructions, this may not be for you. On the last step of assembly, I discovered that one (or both?) of the arms had been welded slightly askew which prevented the upper axle from fully inserting. I was not interested in having to disassemble the elliptical and somehow stuff it into a box for return, so I fudged the order of some of the directions and was able to get it to reluctantly fit together. Perhaps as a consequence, it's rather squeaky when in use and I expect its life to be considerably shortened. This is a functioning elliptical, but its quality is exactly what you would expect for the price.
on February 24, 2012
Like other reviewers have said this thing is a nightmare to put together. the illustration along with the written instuctions are junk. i spent about 5 hours putting this thing together and when i was done i noticed that the tension level did not change( every level felt like level one), so i immediateltly contacted both Amazon and Golf outlets of America( which by the way both were extremely helpful)to try and remedy the situation.after receiving some troubleshooting tips via email i was able to take the main pole off and correct the tension problem. however, in trying to both hold up the pole with one hand and pull on the tension cable with the other hand the wire for the main computer snapped and now i am left w/o a working computer. so after 5 frustrating hours of putting this thing together i am now left with an elliptical that does not give out basic information about my workout. oh well....i hope the calorie counter watch i just brought will help to fix that little problem.

the only reason to give this product three stars is because of the excellent customer service i got from Amazon and Golf Outlets of America. Thanks again guys for all of your help.
on April 17, 2011
Recently purchased this machine and I did see all the reviews about the packaging but hoped I wouldn't be a victim. Thought wrong - package was left standing upright (wrong side was up), bag holding all the parts/tools had a hole so the small washers/nuts were all over the box, in creases etc. Plus, the bottom cover is warped (like other reviewers mentioned) and one piece was chipped. Yikes..not a good start. The instructions were very confusing..too many number/part references. I needed my hubby to help me put it together and we simply went by a visual reference half way through. Strike 2. Now, it's finally put together and it does squeak. But that's not my biggest issue at this point...i cannot figure out the computer. There's a Mode button where you choose which option you want to view (ie. Time, calories, etc.) If you do not click on Mode to select one of these it appears that it'll continue to scan through all the choices while you work out. My question to anyone out there who has one - does the timer count up as you are working out? Or can you set the time to say, 10 minutes, and it'll count down while you work out? I would appreciate any feedback on this - it's driving me crazy that I have to wait to see it count up to 1 minute!!
on April 8, 2012
The item wouldve been great. Execpt for the fact after wasting my time putting it together the main part (where you peddle) wouldnt move. I figured after wasting my time putting it together might as well try and make it work. I sprayed WD-40 into the location to lube it up a bit. It moved after the WD-40. But it still made alot of noise and still got stuck. So the best thing I could tell anyone buying this item is once you take it out the box...the part that is connected to the fan test it out and make sure it moves with ease before wasting your time putting it together. Then having to send it back.
on April 10, 2014
You get what you pay for. The tension control is worthless, there are no high or low tension differences no matter where you set it. I can get an o.k. work out on it. It squeaks louder and louder, from inside the drum where the peddle turn. There isn't really any stride to it, but like I said, I can get an o.k. work out on it. I won't buy another one tho. When this one falls apart, I will not replace it from that brand.
on August 12, 2016
It wasn't as good as I'd hoped. A little clunky but it will work you out. If you're not looking for anything state of the art this is for you.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.