- File Size: 911 KB
- Print Length: 114 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Bold Living Press (October 19, 2014)
- Publication Date: October 19, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00OP85UWQ
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#44,670 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #4 in Books > Medical Books > Psychology > Movements > Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- #7 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Counseling & Psychology > Movements > Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- #111 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Motivational
|Print List Price:||$14.99|
Save $12.00 (80%)
Confidence Hacks: 99 Small Actions to Massively Boost Your Confidence Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
Let's face it - we are raised to be insecure, to lack confidence. From the time we are young, teachers and parents point out all of the ways we need to improve and that we need to shore up our 'weaknesses'; This continues into the workplace where our employee evaluations focus on not only what we're doing well, but where we fall short or need improvement. And then, the focus is placed on coming up with a plan to address those weaknesses - but we rarely put together a plan to leverage our strengths more. This life time of focusing on what's 'wrong' with us naturally leads to self-criticism and a lack of confidence in at least some areas of our lives.
Barrie Davenport breaks her guidance into different areas that make up our lives and then provides actionable advice for recognizing the triggers and dealing with them. What makes this approach wonderful, is that you can easily scan the Table of Contents in Kindle and then easily navigate to those areas that you know are your hot buttons. She covers: Relationships, Social Life, and Career, and includes such important aspects of building confidence by learning how to set boundaries, focus on the positive, deal with rejection, identifying your anxieties, becoming a better listener, speaking up at work, dealing with past failures, and so much more. And, she does it in a way that is compassionate and empathetic.
Kudos, on such a well thought out and helpful book, Ms. Davenport!!
This book by author and coach Barrie D shows otherwise. Confidence can be learned and applied. Also, anyone can access and implement these tips in their lives. I found each of these actions to be small actions but can contribute to big changes in our lives so we can live more confidently.
Tips that were helpful included visualizing confidence, the art of reframing so we don't allow rejections in life to shatter our confidence and tips for confidence in social situations. Just practical advice like having a set of conversation starters before a social event, mirroring to being vulnerable in a conversation were all helpful tips.
Not every tip can work for you but you get a good idea of what confident people do, how they approach life, social situations and work, and you can decide which to use in your own life to live more confidently. The book is written in a how-to format without much frivolous information - it's to the point, has action steps and gives you many ideas to be the confident person you'd like to become.
What I really like about it is that so many of these items are backed up with statistics and research, and lots of good quotes. Some action steps that were especially interesting to me included: dressing like the people you want to become in your industry (something I've started doing!), avoiding the glamorization of the media, and reducing the size of to-do lists.
Thanks for your art Barrie!
It's also one of those books that you can dip in and out of. My preference would be to read one hack every day and implement it. It's well-written and very to the point. Highly-recommended!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Money > Business Culture > Motivation & Self-Improvement
- Books > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Motivational
- Books > Medical Books > Psychology > Movements > Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Business Life > Motivation & Self-Improvement
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Motivational
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Counseling & Psychology > Movements > Cognitive Behavioral Therapy