- Series: Briefcase Books Series
- Paperback: 192 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education; 1 edition (January 3, 2001)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0071364315
- ISBN-13: 978-0071364317
- Product Dimensions: 6.2 x 0.6 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 10.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 31 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #399,587 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Conflict Resolution 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
Tips and Tools for Managers to Recognize, Prevent, and Resolve Conflicts―in Today’s Higher-Stress Workplace
Workplaces are changing. As interpersonal rules of conduct become looser and time deadlines become tighter, conflict resolution is gaining importance as a strategic management issue. Conflict Resolution is the first book to provide specific mediation skills and managerial tools for successfully preventing, managing, and resolving workplace conflicts. Before minor skirmishes become full-blown wars, refer to this hands-on, solution-oriented book to learn:
* The 4 primary tasks of preventive mediation―with two important tools to help you perform those tasks
* Practical tools for mediating conflicts between others―as well as resolving conflicts between yourself and another
* Proactive techniques to frame conflicts as both-gain opportunities―instead of win-lose or lose-lose contests
Organizations that recognize today the necessity of strategically managing internal conflict will be one step ahead in tomorrow’s increasingly competitive business environment. Let Conflict Resolution provide you with the latest information and procedures you need for mediating or even preventing conflicts―and fostering teamwork―in the workplace.
Briefcase Books, written specifically for today’s busy manager, feature eye-catching icons, checklists, and sidebars to guide managers step-by-step through everyday workplace situations. Look for these innovative design features to help you navigate through each page:
* Clear, concise definitions of conflict management terms and jargon
* Tips for being smart when managing and resolving conflicts
* How-to hints to make conflict management go a little easier
* Practical advice to avoid mistakes when dealing with conflict
* Warning signs for where things could go wrong
* Case studies and examples of how others have managed conflict
* Specific procedures for resolving different kinds of conflicts
About the Author
Daniel Dana Ph.D. (Overland Park, KS), is the founder of Mediation Training Institute International and an invited lecturer at universities and institutions worldwide. He is the author of Managing Differences.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It's a good read if you're comfortable with skipping some of the budget impacts...