Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 399 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 493 reviews
on May 18, 2017
Thank God my children are grown and married. Each with a Master's Degree. My grandchilden will be home schooled, I'm quite sure. We , the People, have to take back control of our country as well as our schools. This book describes in detail, WHAT, HOW and WHY the liberal loons have taken control of our educational establishments. Of course it all has to do with money and power. If you have children and/or grandchildren we must get involved at the local school board level and become a leader in defending our only hope for the future of freedom loving Americans.
on April 3, 2017
Interesting subject. It seems to explain why we have fallen behind in education. As an instructor of adults in a business program I have seen high school graduates who could not spell, hold a coherent conversation, or do simple math problems.
on January 16, 2016
Everyone with school age children must read this book, America can't afford to be ignorant on this topic.
on April 26, 2017
I already knew most of the information presented in the last 2/3 of the book, so minus 1 star.
on October 15, 2016
If you want to gain an understanding beyond the proponents advocacy for Common Core, then Conform is a must read book. Beck does an excellent job of providing the reader a broader perspective on the roots and goals of Common Core.
on July 17, 2016
Excellent book -- well documented! Parents need to be involved in their children's schools. We all need to know what is required by Common Core from the federal government -- it isn't pretty!!! The success of a meaningful education requires local input.
on August 26, 2014
I have gained some valuable information from this book. Yes, I know, who likes Glen Beck. Let me tell you however, that some states which adopted Common Core, fervently wish they had not. Our best creative teachers are stifled by the "cookie cutter" requirements. There is an agenda behind "CC" that invades individual and family privacy, and applies a label to your child which follows them for the rest of their life.
Common Core is spending millions on advertising and "Common Core" approved books (Yikes!) Yes, it all sounds really "progressive" and all, but watch out when you hear that word. "Progressive's" are the political group who want to do your thinking for you. They think they know what is best for you and most of all for your children.
on September 11, 2016
Glenn Beck's masterpiece, this one exposes the truth about government run education. The evils the failure and the real motivation behind it.
on July 17, 2014
This book was informative but frustrated me as a teacher in a public school. This book basically bashes the National Teachers Union. It definitely gave me a different perspective but as I read the book I felt my professionalism and expertise were being attacked and devalued. I do agree that the government needs to get out of education and the system needs an overhaul but be prepared if you are a teacher, this book will frustrate you.
on March 31, 2016
If you need information on Common Core, this is a must have CD. It explains the entire program from start to present day.