- File Size: 518 KB
- Print Length: 182 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Creativia; 1 edition (December 15, 2016)
- Publication Date: December 15, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01N02ZAD5
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #548,263 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$11.99|
Save $8.00 (67%)
The Congregation Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 182 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
This surprising pleasantness lasted through the first 11 (of 12) chapters, and I would even have enjoyed a few more chapters in this vein. The author, however, disagreed, and drew it all to a rather abrupt close. An author, of course, knows her characters and their limits better than the reader, but I was disappointed in Reverend Matthews' reaction to the news revealed in chapter 12, feeling it was out of character with the direction of his development.
So it is a good read...much better than average...so you must read it and be the judge of Reverend Matthews - and write your own review!
Reverend Matthews is the new vicar for a small mining town in England. He’s extremely hesitant about his new post, but soon discovers his predecessor left a ledger in which he wrote all the town peoples’ secrets, some aren’t really secrets as such, while others definitely are.
I really enjoyed reading about all the interesting people of this bustling 1970s mining town, the author does a wonderful job in her character and landscape descriptions, so much so I almost felt like I was there, walking down the road with the vicar.
My only reason for the 4.5 star review has to do with ending, it seemed a bit abrupt and I didn’t feel like the story built up to the reasoning behind it—my apologies as that’s a bit of a spoiler…but I wouldn’t pass this book by for that reason, it was a truly enjoyable read!
Typically I receive books for free in exchange for an honest and unbiased review, however this is a verified purchase.
See all our reviews at our Book Explosions page on Goodreads.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Literary
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Cozy
- Books > Teen & Young Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Literary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Literary Fiction > British & Irish
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Literary Fiction > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Literary Fiction > Humor
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Literary Fiction > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Literary Fiction > Psychological
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Cozy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Mysteries & Thrillers > Detectives