BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

The Conjuring (Blu-Ray)
Format: Blu-ray|Change

on September 4, 2016
One of the better horror movies. Wasn't too corny and knowing that it's a true story makes it much more creepier. It's a fun ride with surprise jump out of your seat, heart attack moments. Love whatever Vera Farmiga is in. Spoiler alert: kind of a corny way to cast the devil out of you though. Didn't ruin the movie, and I could brush it off and not mind it at all. Only reason a 4 and not a 5. Can't wait to see the 2nd Conjuring.
on October 27, 2014
I'm not normally a fan of horror/thriller movies, but I watched this in preparation to go see Anabelle with a friend. This movie was actually done very well I thought. They have a very good base story line with a few other subplots that all get a decent amount of screen time such that everything fits together very well and none of the story threads feel like they're just left unfinished.

I will admit that this movie made me jump twice, and that is not easy to do. For me that means you have to give me a story that is interesting enough that I quit trying to pay attention to whats going on in favor of following the story and trying to put myself in the character's shoes. And as far as the "lets go down in the dark basement by ourselves with no light where we just heard a strange noise" scenarios go, (which are something that I really dislike in movies), this movie doesn't really have them. In fact, there is one moment early on in the movie that almost seems like a nod to this or poking fun at this where one of the characters starts to go into the dark basement by himself, goes down like two steps, then stops and ask for a box of matches. While not a whole lot better, this at least made me feel like the character was TRYING to think before he acted...
on June 6, 2016
Good movie and I liked that it was based on a true story, that leads to more believability. It had many scary and intense parts. Overall a good movie with a good story line.
on October 27, 2013
Dear The Conjuring,
You scared me. But I'm beginning to understand why... here's a list of everything you "sampled" into your movie:

An old scary Victorian house, a scary tree, a scary pond/lake, scary children in white nightgowns, scary children that sleepwalk, a scary basement, scary hidden spaces, scary antique furniture that moves on its own (like multiple rocking chairs that rock when no one is in them), doors that open and close on their own, clocks that stop at 3AM, a scary TV that comes on with static, a scary children's toy that plays creepy music and has a spinning mirror and a clown that pops up, a scary life-size doll that moves, a dead dog, birds that fly into windows and die, spirits that grab your feet when they aren't covered with a blanket, a steady-cam-scene, a scary girl-looking-under-her-bed-scene, a scary scene where the lights go out and all you have is matches, a scene where a team sets up their paranormal surveillance gear, a scary children's game involving clapping, murder-suicides, a priest, someone speaking Latin, multiple exorcisms, a noose, a creepy locket... yikes.

I could be mad you stole these things, or that you packed some many cliches into one movie, but you reminded me why they were scary in the first place. And for that I thank you.
on January 11, 2014
A very good movie horror.Probably the best new movie with all the visual effects.And the music of the movie is perfectly synchronized with this kind of genre. And the actors played very well in special Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga in the roll of Ed and Lorraine Warren but also Lili Taylor and Ron Livingston in the roll of Carolyn and Roger Perron. This movie should be awarded with an Oscar for Best Actor in a Leading Role for Patrick Wilson in my opinion.

And the director of the movie is also the one who directed Insidious,both chapters is also good at this job in this kind of genre. My vote for this movie is 10 out of 10 because i think that is a very good movie.
on May 18, 2016
If you are looking for a paranormal film this is it. I watched the sequel Annabelle after so I understood the plot, but the movie still had me scared. The casting was phenomenal and the acting skill was extremely believable. I would recommend this because of the classic in horror movies and would put this next to the original poltergeist. The movie will definitely have you on the edge of your seat.
on January 26, 2014
I generally do not buy horror flicks, or anything demonic, vulger and profanity without ceasing. I bought this because it is true and I was aware of it for years, and it involved Ed and Lorraine Warren. Well known and respected demonologists and Christians. I was tempted to go with 5 stars, but feel better with 4. I don't want to encourage the wrong ones to watch this. It is not for children!

When it arrived, I told my brother & hubby, "Look, I am not sure what to expect from this movie, I didn't get a rating, so if it is too much, I'll shut it down. But, I know it is a true haunting." They both wanted to check it out and we watched it all the way through.
They liked it, but it scared them to know it was real. They both knew my history and I gained some respect from each of them for what I went through. I told few people at the time, knowing they would think me crazy. My Christian Agent, stayed with me one night after I broke down & told him what was going on. Well, I made a believer out of him, but he took over and cleaned the house for a couple of days. I had two young teenagers that I sent to live with their father until I could get out of the lease. I feared for their safety. I wasn't really scared for myself the first six months. I knew I had angels looking over me too for a while. But, the darker it got and my not doing anything about it, I was in a war zone of my own, feeling on my own. So, short of two years later, every thing seemed to escalate & my children became afraid. My point is, these things do happen, to good people. I just wasn't as good at the time. I was angry at God over my divorce, some deaths and other things, and took my eyes off of Him.

My only problem with the right help, is having to go through the Catholic Church for approval, when it can take months. At times, that is too late. So, I say find a holy, bold, Evangelical Pastor, that follows the scriptures that gives us dominion over these evil spirits. But, those too, can be hard to find.

The horror is real, very real and although I am a Christian, I lived in a haunted house for two & a half years. Therefore, I know these things happen, but I do not encourage anybody to test the spirits or get involved with the dark side. Yes, there is a dark world out there. This movie was very accurate, as I remember it. Well acted, but maybe just a tinge of embelishment, but not too much. It was a hell on earth. I was so thrilled they had the sense to call in the Warrens.

If you want to be scared, then buy the movie, but never forget, it was real, it happened and still happens today, but even more. So, if you watch it, do not be tempted in any way, unless it is to turn in the right direction. There are only two directions, that's up or down. I recommend it for educational reasons, or if you are going through any haunting yourself. Again, I do caution all who watch it.
on May 30, 2016
Arguably one of the better horror movies out there.
Is not super cheesy.
Great combination of shock-factor and cringe-factor.
Really great angles and shots that only add to the anxiety/fear (not what you would expect from a typical horror movie).
Attention to detail that greatly adds to a fairly well-developed plot (welcomed plot twists throughout).
on June 20, 2016
I love the cast of this film. I've met the Warrens, and Wilson and Farmiga have their mannerisms down. However, believe it or not, I think it could have been scarier.The special effects are great, and all in all it's an excellent scary movie.
on January 30, 2016
I am a humongous horror movie fan, and I boycotted the film because it seems to be a part of the teeny bopper paranormal gimmick movies that seem to be popular the last few years. Well, I accidentally bought this movie with my with my butt by sitting on the Fire Stick
remote. I bought the movie with my butt lol and it's Fabulous. This movie scared the Charles Dickens right out of me. I seem to be jumping every at least 2 minutes once the movie picked up, & I had to pause it because my heart was beating just a little too fast. So for horror fans I really think you're going to love this. So if you ever accidentally by Amazon digital movie with your butt It's a sign from the Amazon fire Gods to watch the movie and just enjoy it. Heck put your remote right now on your couch and sit on it and see if it'll purchase this movie right now, and if not then of course use your hands. Thanks ;-)