Customer Reviews: Connect Four Classic Grid Game
Amazon Vehicles Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Halloween Candy Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon fin fin fin  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle Oasis hhnsweeps Shop Cycling on Amazon

on September 26, 2013
This is not the Connect Four of my youth. To drop the pieces out the bottom, you have to bend the plastic legs outward. It's pretty obvious that either with time or with one overly zealous attempt the legs will crack. The Connect Four of my youth had a slider that let the pieces fall out without stressing anything.

Other than that, Connect Four is a great game. If you can find a better constructed version, I highly recommend it.
on February 10, 2013
I don't think you can really mess up a classic like connect 4. The only thing I didn't like was that the legs are a little difficult to assemble and take apart. The old model was a slide on and everytime I put this one away I fear I might break it.
on July 13, 2013
So my wife brought this particular one home for our 4 year old daughter. I was a little leary of it because its more masculine than the other version, but we did not have time to get one on amazon (which had it cheaper) for my daughters birthday. I also became leary when I saw the complaints about the plastic legs breaking. Here are my thoughts on these two issues...

1. My daughter loves the game, I showed her the more cartoony version, but she liked this one just fine "lets open this one daddy!" "You are the best daddy ever, mommy and I are so lucky, I hope the man I marry someday is half the man you are" Cute kiddo...

2. Secondly the stands are not what they used to be where they popped off the sides. But these can be installed and removed without breaking them if you pull them straight off and do not twist them or bend them. If you don't pull them straight, yes, i can see them breaking. Honestly, they are a little annoying because once installed they are a little hard to get back off and you have to think about what you are doing. Just be mindfull to pull straight away and you should be good.

2b. Others have complaned about the bottom not staying in place, i don't see that being a problem with mine, but perhaps with ware it will start to become a problem

What is nice are the chips, they are well made with many different designs on them. The other version talks about 5 ways to play, it has some special chips. With the designs on these chips, some unique, you could probably pull the rules down off the net and assign some of the special moves to these chips. This version also has the pop-out feature which is a nice touch.

overall, i think the better chips, the color, and the pop-out feature offset the annoying design for the stands, so 5 stars.
on September 1, 2014
This is not the connect four that you remember from your youth. I am sure some penny pincher in corporate decided they could save a few pennies by making this toy out of thinner and cheaper plastic. The result is that the toy is very flimsy and your child will have to take the legs off and on each time they try and set it up to play. The toy will not fit back in the box if the legs are attached. If I had it to do over again I would look for a vintage connect four game as they were of much higher quality.
on December 25, 2013
I wish I would have purchased the standard edition from WalMart, because I'm scared that the plastic is going to break. To release the pieces, you have to pull back on a tab on the bottom. Because it's constructed to let the pieces out like this, a piece played in one of the bottom corners is likely to fall out during game play.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon April 19, 2013
This is a very good game for ages 6+. I played it as a kid and it was one of my favorites. It makes you think (by planning ahead) but not too hard like chess might.

My quibble with this game is the design of the legs and the mechanism to reset the game by letting the checkers fall out. I think the older design was simpler and better and less likely to break.

I'd say the color scheme is an improvement though. It's very easy to see the checker layout.

Overall, 4 stars.
on February 16, 2015
Bought this for kids at our after school program. Older kids (middle schoolers and high schoolers) seem to like this more than the typical version because this looks cooler. Plus, some kids like the "Pop game" version, which you pop out your disk at your turn to add an extra twist to the game. Really does bring the spirit of for these kids after they finish their homework.
on February 3, 2015
My kids were raving about this game, and of course a bit of nostalgia convinced me to purchase. Unfortunately, the base broke after two days. However, nothing that crazy glue couldn't quickly fix. The board is working fine now and it still a constantly played game in a our house. And may I also suggest for the adults... drunken connect four! Google it, always a fun time (once the kids are asleep)!
on May 29, 2014
it has stickers! like you put them on yourself, whaaa. i guess this was meant for kids, but who doesn't like connect four. there's a nice working moving bottom row for easy game reset, it also allows for locking and unlocking of chips on the bottom row for pushing them out one by one when playing that type of connect four. and it looks really nice. and it has stickers! whaa
on November 3, 2014
Okay for the price. A bit flimsy. I always feel like I'm going to break the plastic parts when taking it apart or putting it together. But, it seems to hold together.

The bottom row can appear to be a bit off making it difficult to tell if a player has connected four.