|Item Weight||1.3 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||4.2 x 2.8 x 1.6 inches|
|Item model number||CS-LT|
|Batteries||4 AA batteries required. (included)|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Temperature Range||-40-80 degrees_celsius|
|Average Battery Life||4320 hours|
|Warranty Description||1 Year Limited Warranty|
ConnectSense CS-LT Light Sensor
|Price:||$137.60 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$7.24 (5%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Easy to monitor light anywhere in your home or business
- Perfect for Dark Rooms, Green Houses and Remote locations
- Get notifications via Phone Call, Text Message, Email or Twitter
- Runs on four rechargeable batteries or standard 110 power so it can be placed anywhere in your home
- No monthly fee or extra hardware needed, uses the Wi-Fi you already have in your home
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
ConnectSense CS-LT Light Sensor
Welcome to Home Automation Made Easy!
ConnectSense is the perfect solution for do-it-yourself home and business automation, allowing you to monitor everything from your living room to your server room.
Easy-to-Use, Powerful Technology
With ConnectSense, we’ve built a variety of simple, yet powerful sensors for monitoring different aspects of your environment. Connect. Create rules. Get alerts. ConnectSense wireless sensors are easy to set up and use and enables you to monitor your environment in whatever way you see fit. With our easy-to-program rules and notifications, you can make sure that any location – from your data center to greenhouse to home office – will be safe and protected.
The Connect Sense light sensor allows you to detect light in your home or business. Perfect for dark rooms, remote locations, green houses or anywhere you want to detect the presence or lack of light. Connect Sense is easy to install and utilizes the Wi-Fi connection you already have in your home. Easily create rules to notify you reliably via Phone Call, Text Message, Email and Twitter. When something goes awry, the sooner you know about it, the sooner you can take action. Connect Sense gives you the piece of mind that the things important to you are monitored and safe.
Any Device, Anywhere with NO Monthly Fee
Our ConnectSense cloud enables sensors and their data to be accessed from anywhere in the world on any device with a web browser including your PC, Mac, tablet, or mobile phone. Best of all, there is no monthly fee!
Give Yourself Peace of Mind
We built ConnectSense with notifications you can rely on. The ConnectSense platform includes a rules engine allowing for if/then-based rules to be created for your sensor. Whether it’s with a phone call, text message, email, or tweet, you’ll know the moment something goes awry in your home or business.
No Additional Hardware
Our easy-to-use, wireless sensors work with the WiFi access point you already own, so there’s no additional hardware required. Other sensors require gateways and controllers that add a point of failure and unnecessary costs.
No Electricity? No Problem!
ConnectSense devices can be powered by 2500mAh rechargeable batteries, so you can install a sensor just about anywhere… for example, under a sink or in your RV!
Simply Reliable Sensors
These WiFi-based, battery-powered sensors will help you watch over your business, home and other important locations. Our reliable cloud-based infrastructure ensures that you are notified whenever something in your environment needs your attention. ConnectSense's line of sensors can keep track of temperature and humidity, water, security, motion, dry contacts and light.
In addition to sensors for monitoring your environment, we’ve also created powerful output modules for use in alerting you or performing an action based on your sensors. Once added to your account, these outputs can be used in any of your sensors and be triggered based on your sensor rules. Best of all, outputs don’t need to be in the same location as your sensors – so a Water Sensor in Sydney can trigger a Siren in Chicago. ConnectSense's line of outputs include a siren/strobe, digital output and power relay.
Top customer reviews
After several emails ConnectSense decided to authorize me to return my device for evaluation and after about a month they determined just what I told them, it would operate for about a week and then go off line for no reason. I purchased this device to monitor our home remotely when we were away and when it goes off line the only way to reset it is to power it down and restore power (unplug it and plug it back in) impossible when one is 1300 mile away. ConnectSense replace my defective device and after a few week the replacement began going off line also. I contacted ConnectSense and told them I wanted a refund and wanted to move on to purchase a device that would meet my needs and expectations. Bottom line is they just wanted me to keep paying return postage to ship their defective devices back to them for further evaluation. In desperation I contacted Amazon to see if they could/would apply some pressure on ConnectSense to do the right thing because the device was well beyond Amazon's return date for electronics and to my amazement Amazon refunded my purchase price. Obviously Amazon's self image and customer satisfaction is far more important to them than the $149.95 that ConnectSense refused. Integrity means a lot, perception is reality and my reality is 100% of the ConnectSense products I purchased were defective!
Their software is lacking let me explain.
(Short Version) This software looks like the type of software a programmer writes for his own use. On occasion, I have written software for my use only, it lacked various “ease-of-use” functions because I was very familiar with it.
1) Surprisingly, they do not use an iPhone app. But instead you go to their website. The website is good at remembering you, so you only need to bookmark it on iPhone.
2) The text on their website is extremely tiny, and difficult to read on iPhone 6.
3) I found the website poorly organized and difficult to navigate. It’s not too bad once you get everything set up, but changing configurations, set points etc. is difficult to find. It’s easier if you do as much as you can using a desktop computer.
4) Under, “Recipients” it says that there are 2. I only set up one recipient, I can find no way to change or examine this setting. Under “Select Recipient” there is only one.
5) There is a “Rules” section on the webpage. Underneath “Time Restriction” it is blank. I also have a blank underneath, “Output Device”.
6) In the account area, there is a display that says “Text Messages Remaining”. Remaining until when? A week? A month? A year? Forever? The Box reads in part, “Includes 500 SMS messages” so I suspect that when you buy this product you get a lifetime of 500 texts for free. Their website offers to sell you more texts, but again, it’s not clear is if this is over a certain time frame or not.
7) The Box reads in part, “Know the moment your environment changes via phone call, text message, email or tweet.” “Know THE MOMENT” ?? I’m not so sure. You can set up various polling time frames (5, 15, 30, 60 Minutes etc.) but I don’t think you are informed UNTIL the polling event occurs.
Your situation may or may not need fast results. Let’s say your cooling system for your server room fails just after the temperature was updated. You may not know about this failure until the next polling event occurs.
In my view, this unit should report immediately any deviations outside of parameters. As I understand this product, measurements are ONLY made at the intervals you select.
Regarding the hardware:
The hardware appears well-made, and the cabling of good quality. I found the temperature and humidity sensors to be accurate. I am not using batteries. It is plugged into our UPS using their A.C. adapter.
Nowhere on the packaging, nor on the product itself, could I locate, “The Country of Origin”. This might mean one of three things. 1) The product is made in China. 2) The product is made in the United States and they do not export. 3) Somebody goofed.
Despite the shortcomings above, I would buy this product again. It does indeed work. I also tried a similar product from La Crosse and never could complete the setup.
If things change, or improvements to the software are made, I will try to update my review and rating accordingly.
Most recent customer reviews
Spent hours on the phone with customer service.
The website you have to go to is unreachable.Read more