|Print List Price:||$21.99|
Save $7.00 (32%)
Price set by seller.
Connected Age: Being the Best You Can in the New World Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There is no dearth of armchair philosophers but when a philosopher comes armed with a solid plan for the execution of his ideals, the world has to sit up and take notice. The Connected Age suggests steps that organisations, governments, societies and individuals can take to create a more sustainable world. By the end of the book, the author almost has you convinced that you can be the change you wish to see in the world.
According to Sudhakar, the world’s continued existence depends on its inhabitants realising one irrefutable truth – we are all co-dependent on each other. And ‘we’ doesn’t allude to humans alone; it includes all the animate and inanimate dwellers of this planet. As long as man continues to consider himself as ‘master of everything on the planet’, we will never achieve peaceful and productive co-existence. In Sudhakar’s words, ‘We all need to connect, collaborate, and co-create the world we intend to leave behind.’ Anyone who is even remotely interested in making a positive impact on the world must read this book and apply the principles that they identify with.
The only problem with Sudhakar’s vision is the assumption that mankind is indeed motivated to achieve such a noble goal. What about the selfish exploiters who don’t care whether they hew a tree or kill a tiger in their pursuit for transient personal wealth? What about the average apathetic citizen who will not lift a finger to extend the lifespan of the planet? The answer according to my own reflections is that even if one individual out of a thousand aspires to take proactive action to improve the state of the world and if that individual has access to this book, then perhaps the author’s job is done.
Read the complete review here: http://ankitashreeram.blogspot.in/2015/08/book-review-connected-age.html
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Money > Economics > Environmental Economics
- Books > Business & Money > Economics > Sustainable Development
- Books > Business & Money > Processes & Infrastructure > Green Business
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Ecology
- Books > Self-Help > Personal Transformation
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Economics > Sustainable Development
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Green Business
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help > Personal Transformation