Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Shop Popular Services henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

84%
16%

Showing 1-10 of 17 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 31 reviews
on January 15, 2011
I am the mother of a 4 year old boy (Ms. Kolari calls his temperment "the gladiator") and a 2 year old girl. Ms. Kolari's approach really makes sense from scientific, emotional and logistical point of view and, best of all, IT WORKS! Her writing is reader friendly and humorous as well. I highly recommend "Connected Parenting" by Jennifer Kolari. I also recommend listening to some podcasts with Kolari being interviewed. She animates her examples well and brings even more clarity to her parenting philosophy. I hope she will consider an audio recording of the book. I know I am more likely to finish a book if I can listen to it while cleaning up the house!
on July 24, 2014
I wish I had read this book years ago, when my kids were younger. Now I have two teens and the information here is useful but not as valuable as it would have been when the kids were around 7-8 years old. The practice of mirroring is a very useful way to get more out of relationships in general though. Everyone wants to feel as they are being heard and understood.
on October 17, 2009
I purchased this book to help me as a teacher to communicate with and help challenging students. I found that the loving bonds that form when you use this method with a child can also be formed when you use this technique with others as well. My elderly mother was going through a difficult time and was frustrated and unhappy, I tried the mirroring techniques with her and our relationship which had been strained began to improve immediately. She knew that I listened and truly heard her and we were able to move forward to the best relationship we have had in many years. Thank you Jennifer, I recommend Connected Parenting to the parents of all of my students and all of my friends and family.
on August 2, 2016
This book has been very helpful to me. The author has given so many examples and step by step instructions as to how to get the results needed as the parent. It isn't always easy to carry out the ideas and many times I have said to myself that I didn't handle a situation in the correct manner but I can always try again. I have seen positive results after just a couple of weeks. This is not to say that there aren't breakdowns in behavior but it is getting better.
on April 14, 2010
Brilliant, just brilliant!

Finally a book that helps diminish the negative behaviors that exhaust parents and children AND helps parents and children develop strong bonds.

I have found that books either deal with the child's behavior at the risk of breaking the bond between the parent and child OR only deals with strengthening bonds. Finally, a book that does both!

The best parenting book I've ever read!
on November 16, 2015
The most useful book on parenting I have ever read! The author has a very clear and easy style of writing and the techniques she discusses can be used immediately. It really helped me build a better relationship with my autistic son.
on April 24, 2015
I wish I had read this 16 years ago. I am now attempting to use these very practical techniques with my oldest daughter and anyone I know. Thank you, Jennifer, for such easy to follow, loving, practical instructions.
on July 27, 2011
This is one of the best parenting books I have ever read. I have used it in my counseling practice with clients both in helping them with their children but also in applying some of the concepts to their own relationship. I highly recommend reading this book!
on March 27, 2013
Useful and sound advice that actually works. A must read for veteran and new parents alike! Techniques that kids will appreciate and open up to.
on August 9, 2016
Lots of good advice in this book. A good read for sure!