Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 17 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 31 reviews
on August 2, 2016
This book has been very helpful to me. The author has given so many examples and step by step instructions as to how to get the results needed as the parent. It isn't always easy to carry out the ideas and many times I have said to myself that I didn't handle a situation in the correct manner but I can always try again. I have seen positive results after just a couple of weeks. This is not to say that there aren't breakdowns in behavior but it is getting better.
on July 24, 2014
I wish I had read this book years ago, when my kids were younger. Now I have two teens and the information here is useful but not as valuable as it would have been when the kids were around 7-8 years old. The practice of mirroring is a very useful way to get more out of relationships in general though. Everyone wants to feel as they are being heard and understood.
on October 17, 2009
I purchased this book to help me as a teacher to communicate with and help challenging students. I found that the loving bonds that form when you use this method with a child can also be formed when you use this technique with others as well. My elderly mother was going through a difficult time and was frustrated and unhappy, I tried the mirroring techniques with her and our relationship which had been strained began to improve immediately. She knew that I listened and truly heard her and we were able to move forward to the best relationship we have had in many years. Thank you Jennifer, I recommend Connected Parenting to the parents of all of my students and all of my friends and family.
on November 16, 2015
The most useful book on parenting I have ever read! The author has a very clear and easy style of writing and the techniques she discusses can be used immediately. It really helped me build a better relationship with my autistic son.
on April 24, 2015
I wish I had read this 16 years ago. I am now attempting to use these very practical techniques with my oldest daughter and anyone I know. Thank you, Jennifer, for such easy to follow, loving, practical instructions.
on April 14, 2010
Brilliant, just brilliant!

Finally a book that helps diminish the negative behaviors that exhaust parents and children AND helps parents and children develop strong bonds.

I have found that books either deal with the child's behavior at the risk of breaking the bond between the parent and child OR only deals with strengthening bonds. Finally, a book that does both!

The best parenting book I've ever read!
on August 9, 2016
Lots of good advice in this book. A good read for sure!
on January 24, 2017
good wisdom
on June 2, 2016
easy and fast
on July 5, 2015
Definite must read here, excellent, worth purchasing!