BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Women's Coat Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on August 21, 2012
I use Connectify Hotspot in the classroom to distribute files to my students during labs. The kids connect to the hotspot and Connectify creates a simple web site where they can find course materials.

I was googling for an easy way to distribute files wirelessly, and stumbled on this site:

[...]

Connectify has also come in handy for getting my (own) kid's ipods and videogames online during long trips. I can share my verizon aircard as a hotspot in the car. Pretty neat!
on August 21, 2012
This is a great tool for sharing one internet connection with multiple devices when I travel. The file transfer capability lets me avoid the email exchange process.
on December 15, 2012
After moving into a dorm without wi-fi, 1 jack, and a system that wouldn't allow additional routers or switches, I was about to give up hope of playing my PS3 online again; but this changed everything! I just plugged in my wireless laptop to the wall, installed this, used the built-in wireless card on my laptop, and bam! I now have Internet access on my PS3 and desktop. :) The free version works for my purposes, but to give this company money is worth every penny. I HIGHLY recommend this product for issues similar to the one I had.
on August 9, 2013
Have had major problems after purchasing here on Amazon. First off, I couldn't purchase on their own website (I should have known to avoid after this), so I bought one on Amazon.
-The version you download from amazon is out of date, when you install Connectify says this version isn't supported so you must download a separate update.
-I received 2 keys, either one produces an error:
The first key gave me "Sorry, your license has already been redeemed. Please enter a new activation key.", the second "Your license and email don't match or your license has expired."
-There is no phone number to contact support.
-I received an error when e-mailing the support email address on their website.

Stick to the free version and don't purchase this 'pro' license.
on August 12, 2013
I could not install the program, and in doing so installed it was as basic. They no gave me alternatives to correct, despite calling. In other words, the investment lost ... very bad experience.
on March 18, 2017
The newest version of Connectify is robust, brilliantly appointed and fun to use! :)

Connectify 2017 simply has all of the great features that it's users could possibly desire and a few more fun things that you will enjoy! You can bet that even more innovative stuff is on it's way.
I am a happy and proud user of Connectify 2017, this software saves me money and time by allowing me to use it to connect all of my devices, and share WIFI with them all including my TV, my phones and laptop computers.
The speed at which this software can be set up and running is a joy within itself! Maybe 3 minutes?
There's no need to be a programming scientist to connect stuff either. The software guides you from the moment you open this link.
The fine support people are instantly available and ready to assist you with any concerns that you might have, but you probably will only contact them to let them know how great this product is... :)

Have an excellent Internet Experience, everyone! :)
on December 25, 2013
I didn't buy this through Amazon, but through the official website and got both the HotSpot+Dispatch combo (lifetime). From my experience, the customer service is a little lacking, which can be quite frustrating if you are confused on how the product works, but the forum has many users that have experiences to help. The software itself? Well I can testify that it works. The HotSpot (Wifi extender) works like a charm. My laptop is able to pick up wifi from a further distance than my phone and tablets so I was able to latch onto the wifi signal and broadcast the signal through my laptop and wow was it awesome. There seemed to be minimal speed reduction, but it worked amazingly. My FAVORITE has got to be the Dispatch. It allows you to connect to multiple connections (wifi, ethernet, etc.) and fuse it all together for one super fast speed. Wifi alone, I got about 1.5-2.0mbps (quite slow) and my phone is on 3g (1.0-2.0mbps). When I used dispatch, it combined those two together and I got a constant 2.5 - 4.0mbps (which is fast in my case because of slow internet before).

Overall, I do recommend the product, do try the free version first to see how it goes. The only reason I bought the pro one was because the free version for dispatch disconnects you after a certain amount of time (I mean it is free). The forum with other users were quite helpful and honestly, it is worth the money. For people that may want to buy the product, there is still a 40% off deal going on.
on August 1, 2016
I've been a long time user of Connectify (since the beginning - there were no paid versions) and have always loved it. From sharing my existing wifi connection via a new SSID or sharing a wired connection, Connectify has always been there for me. When they introduced the paid editions (which would insert "Connectify-" into your SSID unless you upgrade), I stopped using Connectify for a while to explore alternative options. From alternative software to manually setting up the wireless network within the Windows wireless service - I've tried everything but with little to no success. Recently I've come across a situation where I needed to temporally share the internet connection provided by a USB 4G LTE modem through an ethernet connection - a feat impossible with the firewall and other equipment I had alone (I've tried brdiging the connections in Windows with no success). I thought of Connectify and noticed that they've implemented this feature so I immediately bought a MAX license (which was on sale). It worked great. I connected the USB modem to the workstation and connected the firewall and other networking gear to the Ethernet port and I shared the USB 4G LTE connection over that. I got full bandwidth and was even able to monitor the network's bandwidth and data usage via the Connectify interface.

The only con I see is that the regular price is a bit much for one user (normally $50). That didn't matter to me because somebody else was paying and the software worked great.

I would recommend this product to others.

Disclaimer: I wrote this honest product review in exchange for free licenses (see: [...]).
on July 14, 2016
Is a Excellent Product. This software router help me to share the hotel internet connection to all my mobile devices without configure each device, only with my laptop computer. I do not have to create a "ad-hoc" wireless network o wirte and run MSDOS commands nor PowerShell cmdlets, only a few clics and ready. As a IT Engineer, is complicated buy software if i can do the same thing with extra configurations, but, on Windows 8/8.1/10 is more complicated, i have the oportunity to use this software and i just a EASY thing.

PROS:
-Time to configure a functional Wireles Access Point
-Is Cheap compares to a Portable Wireless Access Point (I have one too, but i prefer CONNECTIFY.... EASY Configuration)
-I can share Wireless Internet from Hotel to my all devices without limit (Sometimes limit up two devices from guest)

CONS:
-In my case, i work with some networks: Virtual Machines, VLANs, Management Network, etc, i have to do some changes to the software, nothing complicated.
-The range is no the same (compared with the antenas from Wireless Access Point), but for me, is a good range. (aprox. 10 meters)
-PRO version do not permit change the ip address range for the DHCP service. (The MAX version is permit).

I love this application, the price is low compared to other devices or necesary stuff to have the shame service, a personalized Wi-Fi signal for our mobile devices and can share files or Internet connection.

Highly Recommended
on May 30, 2016
Even though it may be a little bit pricey for the service it delivers, for my particular situation it is the only working permanent solution I could come up with. It rarely fails me and lets me connect all my devices to the internet most of the times. Maybe I should specify my troubles a little so maybe people in a similar situation can get an idea if Connectify is for them. I live in a room where all residents use the same connection to go online and we use a special VPN to access it and it only works via LAN. It is impossible to install the VPN client on any other device than a computer so it is the only device with working internet access. The client itself is known for having what I call allergic reactions to any attempt of sharing the internet or making the PC a Hotspot. It will simply shut down and not let you connect at all. I don't know how but Connectify seems to solve this problem. There are still issues (for example sometimes I have to restart my PC before it works properly), but it is the only way I know to make it work. I tried registry commands, freeware, basically, everything a layman can try before losing hope. If you find yourself in a similar situation then download the free trial first, make a few attempts and see if it works. If it does, I'd highly recommend a purchase. In my experience, it works best with Windows 7 but also with Windows 8.1. I have yet to try it on Windows 10.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question