- Hardcover: 380 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition (December 15, 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470512407
- ISBN-13: 978-0470512401
- Product Dimensions: 6.5 x 1.1 x 9.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #5,596,571 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Connective Branding: Building Brand Equity in a Demanding World 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
From the Inside Flap
Connective Branding is built on Brand Engagement andBrand Alignment as the two key drivers of brand equity andentails a number of shifts from traditional branding, including
- Broadening of audiences – moving beyond a solefocus on the customer and building brand-consistent relationshipswith employees, investors, partners, suppliers, distributors,special interest groups and any other key stakeholders.
- Networked collaboration – moving beyond the notionthat the marketing department is the sole owner of the brand byempowering deputizing brand champions within the organisation andencouraging systematic collaboration with all functionstouching the brand.
- Living Brand Values from within – moving beyondthe emphasis on external image creation and harnessing the power ofemployees to enact the brand, thereby creating a brand thatpermeates the entire organisation and cultivatingauthenticity.
- Building Interactive Relationships – moving beyondone-way, disruptive and manipulative communication to interactivebrand co-creation.
- Addressing Corporate Social Responsibility strategically– moving beyond a paradigm that sees profitability and doinggood as conflicting goals, and embracing CSR as a strategicopportunity that benefits both the company and society atlarge.
From the Back Cover
While traditional branding focuses on the creation of externalimage through one-way, often manipulative communication (i.e.advertising), Connective Branding is about living the brandand radiating its core principles outwards to fulfil the brandpromise. This requires a different and more engaging communicationsparadigm where the brand is delivered through every point ofinteraction with every customer and stakeholder, and where thefocus of branding shifts from products to the company behind theproduct.
“Fresh and fascinating with a host of in-depth bestpractice case studies. A must-read for every brand strategist,Connective Branding demonstrates how to accomplish the twinbrand imperatives of brand engagement and brandalignment.”
David Aaker, Vice Chairman of Prophet, Author of BrandPortfolio Strategy and Spanning Silos
“Connective Branding presents a much broader view thantraditional association-based branding. Presenting a brand as a setof values that must radiate outward to all stakeholders offersmanagers superb opportunities for enriching their brands. I highlyrecommend this original book.”
Bernd Schmitt, Author of Customer ExperienceManagement and Big Think Strategy
“The foundations for brand building are changingradically. All the stakeholders of the brand are connected at aglobal scale expecting brands to engage in a responsible,transparent and customized dialogue with each of them. In thisexciting book, Fisher and Vallaster take the reader through acompelling journey of how brands transform themselves in this newreality without loosing sense of who they are.”
Majken Schultz, Copenhagen Business School, Co-Author ofThe Expressive Organisation and Taking BrandInitiative
“I would challenge any marketer to read this review ofmanaging Brands in the 21st Century and not change the way theyapproach brand building. Connective Branding does not claimto have all the answers (thank goodness –I hatebeing patronised) but it will certainly get you musing on how bestto improve your brand strategy. If you are challenged by theprinciples raised here –what better way thanthat to leave that comfort zone of always doing the same old thing?Brand Management is Dead ... Long Live BrandManagement!”
Paul Harrison, Marketing Manager, General Motors
“The days when branding was a function somewhere in themarketing department are over. Connective Branding explainsin a systematic way the current and future challenges of brandingwith a broad and thoroughly researched spectrum of real lifeexamples. After reading this book, you will not look at your brandthe same way as you did before.”
Marco Meyrat, CMO, Hilti Corporation
“It’s refreshing to see the long-standing pillarsof conventional branding tumble in Fisher and Vallaster’stext. In Connective Branding we consider the new rules forengaging stakeholders in the brand and for aligning brand promisewith actual brand experience.”
Rob BonDurant, Vice President of Marketing andCommunications, Patagonia, Inc.
“Today’s great companies understand that theirsuccess depends on nurturing a living brand that embodies companyvalues at every level and through every interaction. Sound tough?It is. But Connective Branding will show you how essentialit is for survival today, and how to successfully implement aliving, strong brand in your organization.”
Matt Gardan, Communications Manager, innocent drinksFrance