Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Shop Popular Services siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 136 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 224 reviews
on May 1, 2013
Many of you probably haven't heard of this movie, it was made in 2004, after My Big Fat Greek Wedding and stars Nia Vardalos, Toni Collette, and David Duchovny. The girls are running away from the mob because the got the wrong luggage which belongs to them. They take cover, undercover, posing as drag queens who can truly sing. One of my favorite feel good movies, right up there with 13 Going On 30 and Uncle Buck.
on April 3, 2017
It was okay. Nothing to write home about
on August 2, 2013
SAW THIS ON TV AND HAD TO HAVE A COPY OF IT FOR MY FAMILY AND MY SISTERS AND SISTERS IN LAWS SO WE COULD LAUGH OURSELVES SILLY. GREAT SHOW.!!!!!
on May 22, 2007
A thoroughly enjoyable movie. Sad and hilarious parts but most importantly was David Duchovny's role as locating and trying to get to know his estranged brother and the gradual understanding, appreciation and acceptance of his brother's lifestyle. David Duchovny did a superb job and for me this was the core/message of the movie. He loved his brother for who he was and the lifestyle he lived made no difference.
on June 13, 2011
If you sing along with "Glee" and love screwball comedies; this movie is for you!
Best friends from childhood, Connie and Carla dream of making it big in musical theatre. After witnessing a mob killing and having drugs smuggled in their bags Connie and Carla spend life on the lamb, and onto the stage.
David Duchovney is the perfect love interest for Nia Vardalous.
Did I mention that the two hide out in a 'drag show'? Sort of an updated version of 'Some Like It Hot'.
I watch this film weekly! Worth several viewings!
on January 3, 2014
I bought this movie as a distraction when my Dad went to hospice care (preparation for an expected death). In spite of this, Connie and Carla is laugh riot. I needed something to make me laugh and take me out of my sadness & this movie did the trick. I have never been into showtunes but I gotta admit, this movie is on to something. There is a great feeling of community in this movie, a spirit of havng passion for your life whatever the circumstances. Kudos to Nia Vardalos for making such a feel good movie.
on February 27, 2009
This is a very clever, well written and feel good movie. If you want to be entertained, laugh and appreciate some fun characters, this is the movie to see. You will have a good time. If you watch it with a group of friends, you'll have to rewind a couple of times because everyone will want to see something again.
on December 26, 2009
Nia Vardalos is wonderful. Her stuff is always funny, I have seen all her movies and without exception, they all kept me in stitches, but Connie and Carla is, by far, my favorite. I can watch it over and over and I still laugh.
on September 19, 2016
This is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. Straight girls working as gay men pretending to be showgirls. Unless you are extremely homophobic, you will enjoy this movie. Nia Vardalos is another word for laughter. I love everything she has done.
on April 27, 2013
If you love the classic musicals you'll like this movie. It has a little of everything and is very entertaining. I thought all the actors and actresses did a wonderful job. I loved this!