Industrial Deals HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

Conor Oberst
Format: Audio CD|Change

on May 25, 2017
You cant beat Conor's soulful voice! Its an acquired taste for many, but if your a fan of his voice and his brilliant lyric writing, then you will definitely want his first solo album/record in your music collection. I've followed his career since his Bright Eyes days, and his work just gets better and better with every album. There isn't a bad one in the whole bunch. He is a song writer, storyteller, and an artist for the ages. I hope he never stops making new music!
on December 8, 2013
Conor Oberst's self-titled album is simply amazing! I've been a fan of his (Bright Eyes) for almost a decade, and this certainly didn't disappoint. Anytime I go on a road trip, no matter how short or long, I always listen to this album in its entirety. It's the perfect time to do so… just you, your car, and the open road!

If you ever get a chance, watch him perform this live (or any of his other beautiful albums). He sounds exactly like he does in the recordings which is not something you can say about many musicians nowadays.
on May 5, 2013
This album resembles much of what Cassadaga gave us, but as with anything Conor releases he manages to find new ways to masterfully display musical styles like he's spent his whole life working with it. It's playful and energetic, while also retaining much of conors introspective writing style.

The following album Outer South feels like a B-sides compilation album in comparison, but still worth a listen if you approve of this one.
on January 31, 2017
on August 7, 2015
Every song makes me wonder more and more how Conor keeps doing it, leaving us all captivated and never making the same album twice... thankfully, because this is somehow the third time I've paid for this album so that would be like - six times.
on September 30, 2008
It is very rare that my husband and I agree on a music CD. We were very happy to discover Conor Oberst. He is fantastic!!!!! We love listening to him over and over again. We keep trying to pick our favorite song from the CD, but they are all so good that it is hard to do. We are looking forward to his next album.
on August 23, 2016
Great song writer and musician
on January 2, 2009
A fan of Conor Oberst due to his work with Bright Eyes (Casadaga, in particular), I read good reviews of his solo release so I wanted to hear it. I was not disappointed at all after purchasing it. I Don't Want To Die In The Hospital is one song that stands out. Many of the songs have a country feel with lyrics that get your attention. I think Bright Eyes fans in general would like this release for sure. I also think fans of Brett Dennen and The Drive-By Truckers would appreciate this style of music, too.
on January 25, 2009
Always tunefully and lyrically clever, Conor Oberst scores again, this time without Bright Eyes, or in other words, without his producer Mike Mogis. When Oberst toured behind this album, he and the band ratcheted up the songs to perform a hard-driving rock show, but here they range mostly from mellow to mid-tempo, from country to folk, with Oberst adding his signature philosophical insight on life and nature (describing a thunderstorm as "controlled chaos, confused energy"). The best song on the album is "Moab" with its refrain of "there's nothing that road cannot heal," a sort of mid-tempo, Dylanesque "One Too Many Mornings."
on August 27, 2012
THE LEADER OF BRIGHT EYES HAS A TERRIFIC ALBUM. I NEVER LISTED TO BRIGHT EYES BUT LOVE CONOR OBERST AND HAVE STARTED TO LISTED TO BRIGHT EYES