- Paperback: 286 pages
- Publisher: ArchwayPublishing (October 18, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1480838195
- ISBN-13: 978-1480838192
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.7 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 10 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #5,837,322 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Contact and Conflict
Contact and Conflict: Book One in the Space Fleet Sagas PT-109, John F. Kennedy by Don Foxe lives up to its title right from the beginning, set decades into the future. Space-faring mankind has achieved breakthrough technologies, enabling mankind to live and manufacture spaceships in space, as well as establish bases on our moon and Mars. The story starts with the main protagonist, Captain Daniel Marcel Cooper, watching a massive dry-dock attached to the United Earth's orbital Earth-Moon Space Station named EMS2. Cooper is sent to test out a new spaceship - Space Fleet Patrol Torpedo Class #109, the SFP T-109, John F. Kennedy - into which an extraordinary A.I. named Kennedy is integrated. Joined by a Genetically Engineered Neural Network Avatar, G.E.N.N.A., Cooper uses a new technology - 'fold space' - to voyage to the outer reaches of our solar system, a previously improbable distance, in days instead of decades.
Cooper encounters an incredibly large fugitive alien spaceship entering our solar system through a wormhole, pursued by a powerful fleet of battle craft belonging to one of the Galaxy's dominant species of dangerous aliens called the Zenge. The fugitive aliens plead for help. Cooper courageously sends the Kennedy back to bring the main battleship and provisions for the refugees, who are on the verge of starvation. Risking his own life, Cooper enters the alien spaceship.
What follows is a thrilling adventure full of battles, human empathy and ingenuity which make this book a real page-turner in the true tradition of space adventure and travel. Constructing the story well, author Don Foxe takes the time to explain future technology, making the book more plausible. The flow is good and there are several strong characters adding to the power of the tale. Good descriptive writing with original concepts, even in science fiction and fantasy. Some soft sex scenes incline this book more towards adult reading. I think this is an exciting story which deserves a 5 star rating.
- 5.0 out of 5 starsA Good ReadBy melea on December 11, 2016Format: Kindle Edition Verified PurchaseAs a mild fan of science fiction (think Star Trek and that's about it) I was curious if Contact and Conflict would be too technical for me. I loved it! The premise is intriguing and characters incredibly interesting! I am looking forward to the release of Book Two...and Three...and Four?
- 5.0 out of 5 starsDelightful EscapismByAmazon Customeron December 2, 2016Format: Kindle EditionYou'll be totally pulled into this adventure of space travel, the characters,(human and sentient species), and the attention to detail in both science and technology. With just enough familiarity to ground one in present-day earth ways--jargon, gestures, tactics, theories and discoveries--Contact and Conflict paints a plausible picture of just how some of that might manifest itself a few centuries--give or take a few--down the road.
From the Author
The thrill of sci-fi lies in the genre's ability to provide incredible escapism and adventure, and delve into social and civil injustice.
Browse award-winning titles. See more