Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

on January 18, 2018
This is the most straightforward book dealing with the agonizing process of contemplating divorce. Unfortunately I’ve been through the process twice. The first time it took me several years to come to the realization that divorce was my only option. I wish I had had this book to clarify the process which I believe would have clarified my choices and to help me understand my vacillation and tormented indecision. I found the book through an article by the author I read on Pinterest of all places. I recommended it to a friend who is having extreme difficulty deciding whether to end his 41-year marriage because of the close relationship he maintains with three adult daughters. As he reads the book, I hope those fears will be assuaged and the decision and it’s long-term ramifications will become less daunting. As a twice divorced person who didn’t have this excellent guide, I nevertheless gained good information so that perhaps I will not repeat the same mistakes. There is so much valuable information and advice in this book, I highly recommend it to anyone who’s thinking about it or has already reached a decision.
on May 22, 2017
I bought this to read to see if it might help two good people who are in conflict. I think this book does a good job of delving into broken marriages and how to stay or go. It pulls the reader toward introspection and helps clarify different perspectives. If well applied, this book will certainly help one tag all the bases. I'll send the book to the couple.
on February 18, 2018
This will give me wonderful advice in a very encouraging manner during a very difficult time in my life. I have never thought I would be contemplating a divorce, so being in that situation took me totally by surprise. This book gave me much insight into my own behavior and showed me valuable areas where I needed to change. It also gave me valuable advice on how to deal with my wife on our situation.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 28, 2017
Excellent book. It's not biased towards leaving or staying - very balanced. Make sure to go through the exercises abd right down the answers!
on March 18, 2014
Follow the steps to happiness, piece of mind and a life worth living. Don't waste anymore time order now. Proper planning prevents you know..
on April 15, 2012
As a clinician who works extensively with couples, I found this book to be highly informative and practical. I have a number of clients who are in the "should I stay or should I go" deliberation process, and I have recommended to book to many of them. The insights and the exercises presented in Susan Gadeau's writings are helpful in that they encourage people to look deeper into themselves and their relationships, weighing the pros and cons of either remaining in the relationship, or moving on. I highly recommend it as a resource for therapists as well as for people in the process of evaluating the viability of their marriages. Jack Maslow, L.C.S.W., Kentfield, CA
on May 20, 2017
Very helpfyl
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 9, 2013
This books describes issues, then gives you the option of writing out your thoughts and where you feel you are in the process.
Offers insight into doing some of the steps more often and revisiting steps you did back a ways. I did not sit down and read this book in one or two evening, I have been working my way through it over the course of a number of weeks. It seems I am able to soak it up and put some of the thoughts to use this way.
on April 20, 2012
This book is exactly what it bills itself as: a guide to making a decision. Along the way come lessons about the dynamics of a marriage, how to evaluate the marriage and the level of contentment and partnership, what makes for healthy relationships, and practical advice for when divorce is inevitable. The book advocates neither staying in marriage nor divorcing. The information and exercises are designed to help the reader decide for themselves.
I recommend this book for anyone who is in a marriage and wants to make it better, thinking about a relationship, or contemplating divorce itself.
on November 4, 2008
I bought this book for a friend, and ended up previewing it myself to make sure it was worth passing on; it definitely is. Having gone through a split 5 years ago (not of my choosing, but ultimately of my relief), I was able to look at this book through the lens of hindsight. I think it is an excellent guide, and I've recommended it to a therapist friend of mine, and she agrees. The most important aspect of the book is that there is no right or wrong answer for any/every reader, of course. Every relationship is different, and anyone reading this book will have the opportunity to consider the thought-provoking questions at the end of each chapter to see if the marriage can be saved, or if too much damage has been done. Especially if the question of therapy or counseling is currently not an option for you, this book provides a most excellent and inexpensive substitute first step in the process of considering what to do next. Highly recommended.