Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.84 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Contigo AUTOSEAL West Loop Stainless Steel Travel Mug , 16 oz., Monaco
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Our Lids Are Sealed – AUTOSEAL technology is leak and spill proof (Yes there is a difference!)
- For the Long Haul – Drinks stay hot up to 5 hours and cold up to 12 with THERMALOCK Vacuum Insulation
- Lend a Hand – Easy one-handed drinking from this travel coffee mug with the push of a button
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
It all began with an idea to eliminate spills by designing a coffee mug that sealed between sips. Once we’d engineered a patented technology called Autoseal to deliver on that groundbreaking idea, we continued to develop innovative solutions to everyday needs and revolutionized the whole beverageware category (travel mugs, water bottles, tumblers, kids' bottles, etc.).
West Loop Travel Mug
Modern life moves at a fast pace and reliability is a must whether you’re traveling on a plane, car, bus, or train, working at a desk, standing on your feet for a 12-hour shift, or burning calories on a treadmill. Meet the Contigo Autoseal West Loop Vacuum-Insulated Stainless Steel Travel Mug with Easy-Clean Lid, which combines intelligent design and innovative technologies to adapt to any commute, agenda, or lifestyle. Available in 16 ounces, 20 ounces, or 24 ounces, this leak- and spill-proof mug keeps liquids piping hot or icy cold for hours, can be used with just one hand, fits comfortably in most cup holders, and cleans up easily.
- Leak- and spill-proof lid
- Stays hot up to 5 hours or cold up to 12
- Push a button for one-handed drinking
- Easy-Clean Lid for thorough cleaning
- Lid lock for added peace of mind
- Fits most car cup holders
- Top-rack dishwasher-safe lid
- Hand-wash-only body
- 100% BPA-free
Contigo’s patented Autoseal technology is designed to stop spills. Just press, sip and seal.
Locks in Temperature
Thermalock vacuum insulation keeps temperatures locked in for hours; drinks stay hot up to 5 hours or cold up to 12 hours.
Our Lids Are Sealed
We hate coffee and tea stains as much as you do. That’s why Autoseal technology eliminates the possibility of spilling whether you’re at home, in the office, or on the go.
The Contigo Limited Lifetime Guarantee
We’re extremely proud to stand behind the design, quality, materials, and workmanship that go into every Contigo product, and we back that excellence with the Contigo Limited Lifetime Guarantee.
- Material issues
- Workmanship issues
- Defective products
- Mugs, bottles, and replacement lids purchased in the U.S. and Canada
Using Your New Travel Mug
Freshly brewed coffee can be very hot and will stay that way for hours. Let it cool down with the lid off for at least 3 minutes before attaching the lid.
Use your travel mug's lock feature to avoid the unintended pressing of the Autoseal button.
Now you can get into all the nooks and crannies. Additionally, the lid is one connected piece, so there are no parts to misplace when you toss it in the top shelf of your dishwasher.
The West Loop travel mug is made for the modern movers, shakers, commuters, travelers – and for the urban explorer in all of us. Whether you’re traveling via car, train, horse drawn carriage, rickshaw or penny farthing (it’s cool, you can Google it) this tumbler is the ultimate in convenience. This larger capacity travel coffee mug is spill-proof, will stay piping hot for hours and it’s easy to use with just one hand.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- If you get one of the colored ones the paint WILL come off if you wash it in the DISHWASHER. I know some people were complaining about that, but in the safety manual it clearly states that only the unpainted stainless steel bottles are dishwasher safe.
- Wash it the way it shows you on the safety manual for optimal cleanliness.
- Rinse it right before every use. One time, there was some soap residue left over in my lid and I ended up with gross soapy tea, so unless you're into that just run the lid under warm water.
- DON'T tilt the lid and THEN press the button to open the sippy cup or you'll get a face full of hot liquid. In other words, press the button while the thermos is vertical then tilt it to take a sip. This may seem stupid, but I had no warning (maybe I'm just an idiot) and now no one else has to look like a complete goof if it happens in a public setting.
That's it for now, if anything else comes up I'll be sure to inform you guys.
Where is the love folks? Where is happy? It's a travel mug for crying out loud.
Coffee hot for hours- check.
Iced tea cold for hours- check.
Reduced dry cleaning bills and reduced suspicions amongst my coworkers that I had "a little accident" in the crotch of my pants- check.
Operator savvy enough to know that items at temperature can pressurize a well sealed container and to exercise a weensy bit of caution when going for that refreshing beverage- check.
It is a machine and machines require a little maintenance. Regular, thorough cleaning of the parts, lid in particular, will result in years, measured in calendar years, years of faithful service.
This mug is the best thing to happen to portable fluid ingestion mechanisms ever. We have four of these and that is too few. I'm ordering four more while they are on sale. We'll use them as our regular drink glasses and revel in the convenience of unstained shirts and no more mid drink trip to the fridge to add cubes to get the tepid stuff back to cold, not to mention that one of my grandkids grenaded a drinking glass on the kitchen floor this morning and that's the last straw. These things are practically indestructible and they don't hurl their contents and glass shards in a half acre blast radius when you drop one.
On the topic of floors, we raised a family buying neutral and coffee colored carpet to hide the stains. Contigo frees us to buy the most gawdawful neon rugs that Big Lots can throw at us. (I would have said Amazon but I don't want to insult Jeff. He has drones.)
These mugs, unlike your humble reviewer, do not sweat. Put a 20 oz iced tea in a cupholder in the family truckster or the barcolounger and the cupholder is dry when the mug is dry.
Cons? Of course.
The paint peeled on one of ours as others report. I let the exterior soak in some thinner for an hour or so and voila a stainless one where a peeling blue one had been.Funny thing was the paint fell away but the Contigo brand name remained firmly emblazoned on the mug. File under "shoulda seen that coming".
People steal them.
The moral of that story is that you can't count on human nature but you can count on this mug.