Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Contigo AUTOSEAL Transit Stainless Steel Travel Mu...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 62% off the $24.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $2.00 shipping
Contigo AUTOSEAL Transit Stainless Steel Travel Mug, 16 oz, Polar White with Grayed Jade Lid Accent
|Price:||$15.55 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
|You Save:||$9.44 (38%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Stays hot up to 5 hours
- Stays cold up to 12 hours
- Leak & spill proof
- Non-slip grip sleeve and bottom pad
- Spout cover lock
- Top-rack dishwasher safe lid; hand wash body.
- 100% BPA-free
- 16oz. liquid capacity
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
Spill Proof - Autoseal Technology
We hate spills as much as you do whether it’s a ruined new shirt or all over your new car interior, that’s why we engineered Autoseal technology with that in mind. Its spill- and leak-proof design eliminates the possibility of spilling whether you’re at work, in the car, or at home.
Lock it Up
The Autoseal Transit Stainless Steel Travel Mug
It knows when to close
The ultimate commuter companion, Transit has all the features you already love – and more. It’s basically the Holy Grail of travel mugs or at least the one that will get everyone in your office talking. Spill-proof, easy to clean, stays hot for hours and now it has a thoughtfully engineered CleanGuard lid to keep out dirt and germs. So go ahead and take Transit for a ride.
- Fits most car cup holders
- Easy one-handed drinking with the push of a button, no lids to remove or lose
- Top rack dishwasher lid, hand wash body
For the past 12 years, we (the passionate and meticulous employees at Ignite USA) have put creating innovative solutions at the forefront of everything that we do. It all began with an idea to eliminate spills with a coffee mug that sealed between sips. From there, we engineered a patented technology called Autoseal to deliver on that groundbreaking idea. We received such great feedback that we decided to jump in and start to revolutionize the whole beverageware category (travel mugs, water bottles, tumblers, kid’s bottle, etc.) In 2014, we were acquired by Newell Rubbermaid and we continue to develop innovative solutions for everyday needs.
The Contigo Limited Lifetime Guarantee
We’re extremely proud to stand behind the design, quality, materials and workmanship that goes into every Contigo product. We go to great lengths to create the best product that we can and then we back that excellence with the Contigo Limited Lifetime Guarantee. Covers the following:
- Material Issues
- Workmanship Issues
- Defective Products
- Mugs, Bottles, Replacement Lids
- Purchased in the US and Canada
Compare to similar items
This item Contigo AUTOSEAL Transit Stainless Steel Travel Mug, 16 oz, Polar White with Grayed Jade Lid Accent
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||LifeSky Official||Alca Group,LLC|
|Item Dimensions||2.75 x 2.75 x 8.25 in||7.75 x 3.25 x 3.5 in||3.5 x 3 x 8 in||3.25 x 3.25 x 8 in||2.67 x 2.67 x 9.25 in||3.2 x 3.2 x 7.2 in|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
|Size||16 oz||16oz||16 oz||20oz||16 oz||16oz|
|Volume Capacity Name||16 ounces||16 ounces||16 ounces||20 ounces||16 ounces||16 ounces|
Commute in style with the new AUTOSEAL Transit Stainless Steel Travel Mug! The new AUTOSEAL Transit Stainless Steel Travel Mug protects against dirt and debris to deliver a clean and convenient on-the-go drinking experience. Transit combines the spill-free solution consumers love about AUTOSEAL with a commuter-inspired CleanGuard spout cover that rotates to close off the drinking area when not in use and protects the drinking interface from dirt and debris. This Thermalock double-wall vacuum-insulated mug is engineered to keep drinks hot for up to 5 hours or cold for up to 12 hours, without a sweat. We mean that literally, because this vacuum-insulated mug keeps your drink at the optimal sipping temperature and eliminates condensation for dry hands.
Top Customer Reviews
Cons (all very minor):
1. Lid does not come apart completely for cleaning, so gunk could lurk in there somewhere. That said, I put the lid through the dishwasher and have yet to find any evidence of anything remaining behind after cleaning. No off taste, no bad smell.
2. If you turn the whole thing upside down and try to dispense coffee (as into a mug), coffee will shoot out of the two vent holes as well as the hole for drinking. Solution: don't do that.
3. If you overfill the mug and try to screw the cap on, you will have coffee coming out of the lid, the vent holes, the button, etc. Solution: don't do that.
4. If you take a drink and then tip the cup over, you can get one drop of coffee that will fall off of the cup. It basically collects on the rubber stopper if you didn't tip the cup upright before releasing the button. Solution: sit the cup upright before releasing the button, or just "burp" it one time to let the liquid drop back into the mug. You can then turn it upside down and shake it and nothing will go anywhere. Some other reviewers are griping about the cup dribbling, I don't see it. Just remember to take a sip, turn the cup back upright and THEN release the button. Or, press the button again for a second if you forget. Seriously. This is a non issue.
1. Read the cons. They all minor, two of them are operator error, one is no big deal, and the last is a simple problem with a simple solution. These are the only shortcomings I could find for this mug. Really. It's that good.
2. Hot stuff stays hot for hours. No, I don't have temperature readings. All I know is that I brew coffee at 5:45 and it is still nice and hot at 10. Good enough for me, not at all "lukewarm."
3. Zero mess. If it is dribbling you either got a lemon or you're doing it wrong. I wear a white shirt at work and I have yet to get a coffee stain with this mug. Spills and drips really annoy me, and this cup is 100% messless, unless you're using it wrong.
4. The turning lid/lock is awesome. Turn it closed and you can toss your mug in a bag and not have to worry about it leaking. Also, you can now leave your cup in a dirty environment (or take the lid off to refill it, and sit it upside down on the counter) without having to worry about keeping the drinking area clean. Someone was griping about having to unscrew the top to drink- sure, if it is closed. You don't have to close it for the cup to be spillproof.
5. Fits most normal sized cupholders.
If Iever lose this cup, I'm buying another one just like it. I originally gave it 4 stars, but I upped it to 5 .... the only real ding is that the lid doesn't come apart 100%, but until I see some evidence of buildup in the innards somewhere, I don't think it warrants a 20% knockoff for that alone.
I've had a Contigo Auto Seal West Loop 1.1 Travel Mug, 16 oz, Stainless Steel for almost 4 years and have absolutely loved it. I used it twice a day and it has definitely held its own. The only reason I bought this new mug is because the old one had been used and washed so many times that the blue color coating on the outside started to peel (it's still usable with no mechanical problems).
Why don't I like this new design:
- The button is horizontal, not vertical like my older mug. Not only is the button more difficult to press because it is horizontal, it is just more difficult to press because whatever mechanisms used make it so. You need to press it with a lot more force than the West Loop mug.
- Poor design of the drinking hole and sipping lip. The combination of this and the button makes it much more difficult to drink. It's not nearly as fluid as my old West Loop. It's also a little messier than my old mug. The hole on my old mug is flush. The hole on this mug is recessed. In theory, that may seem better, but in use it is actually worse.
This mug has its pros, but IMO they are mostly about aesthetics. If you want a mug that functions well and is easy to use, I would not recommend this one. Some of the older mugs, like the West Loop, may not look as nice but they work much better.
- I have the white and jade color, and it is so pretty!
- The rubber grip is comfortable to hold, and the bottom is non-slip. It feels solid and not like it will tip over easily.
- It's easy to clean, unlike other travel mugs that I've owned.
- It keeps my coffee hot for hours. My coffee doesn't usually last that long, but I have kids, so sometimes I have to step away, and it's nice to come back to a still-steamy cup. I use it at home rather than a ceramic mug for that reason.
- The autoseal is great! The button is in an ergonomic location, so it's not cumbersome to take a sip. It's much more convenient than having to manually cover the hole after each sip or risk a spill by leaving it open. And the seal definitely works (I've held the mug upside down and shook it).
- It fits under the Keurig, but just barely when the trap is removed.
I only wish they made smaller travel mugs like this. I don't typically make 16 oz. of coffee at a time and would prefer something a little more compact. But this is definitely my favorite travel mug that I've tried by far!
When I saw this new contigo I bought it for my husband's Valentine's Day gift. Ladies, I knocked it out f the park. The black looks very rugged and masculine. The spill proof twisting "lock" feature is easy to use. The spout seems to have a slightly rounded shape while seems to keep the coffee from pooling after you take a sip. The only con, as compared with our stainless steel contigos, is that this one requires hand washing. Overall, were big fans.
I price compared this with the contigo website, it was $25 on their website but they offered a coupon for an email subscription lowering the price to $20. Shipping was about $5. Instead I paid $25 on Amazon w/free shipping for convince.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
off way too...Read more