Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $6.08 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Contigo AUTOSEAL Transit Stainless Steel Travel Mug, 16 oz, Matte Black
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Spill Proof - Autoseal Technology
We hate spills as much as you do whether it’s a ruined new shirt or all over your new car interior, that’s why we engineered Autoseal technology with that in mind. Its spill- and leak-proof design eliminates the possibility of spilling whether you’re at work, in the car, or at home.
Lock it Up
The Autoseal Transit Stainless Steel Travel Mug
It knows when to close
The ultimate commuter companion, Transit has all the features you already love – and more. It’s basically the Holy Grail of travel mugs or at least the one that will get everyone in your office talking. Spill-proof, easy to clean, stays hot for hours and now it has a thoughtfully engineered CleanGuard lid to keep out dirt and germs. So go ahead and take Transit for a ride.
- Fits most car cup holders
- Easy one-handed drinking with the push of a button, no lids to remove or lose
- Top rack dishwasher lid, hand wash body
For the past 12 years, we (the passionate and meticulous employees at Ignite USA) have put creating innovative solutions at the forefront of everything that we do. It all began with an idea to eliminate spills with a coffee mug that sealed between sips. From there, we engineered a patented technology called Autoseal to deliver on that groundbreaking idea. We received such great feedback that we decided to jump in and start to revolutionize the whole beverageware category (travel mugs, water bottles, tumblers, kid’s bottle, etc.) In 2014, we were acquired by Newell Rubbermaid and we continue to develop innovative solutions for everyday needs.
The Contigo Limited Lifetime Guarantee
We’re extremely proud to stand behind the design, quality, materials and workmanship that goes into every Contigo product. We go to great lengths to create the best product that we can and then we back that excellence with the Contigo Limited Lifetime Guarantee. Covers the following:
- Material Issues
- Workmanship Issues
- Defective Products
- Mugs, Bottles, Replacement Lids
- Purchased in the US and Canada
Compare with similar items
Contigo AUTOSEAL West Loop Stainless Steel Travel Mug 16 oz., Matte Black
Contigo 72952 Vacuum-Insulated Stainless Steel Travel Mug, 24 oz, matte black
Contigo Luxe AUTOSEAL Vacuum-Insulated Travel Mug | Spill-Proof Coffee Mug with Stainless Steel THERMALOCK Double-Wall Insulation, 16 oz, Licorice
Contigo 360° POUR Vacuum-Insulated Stainless Steel Thermal Bottle, 25 oz., Painted Black
Juro Tumbler 20 oz Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Tumbler with Lids and Straw [Travel Mug] Double Wall Water Coffee Cup for Home, Office, Outdoor Works Great for Ice Drinks and Hot Beverage - Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Nice Dream Retail|
|Item Dimensions||2.75 x 2.75 x 8.25 inches||3.66 x 7.71 x 3.34 inches||3.25 x 3.25 x 9.60 inches||2.91 x 2.91 x 8.35 inches||3.34 x 3.34 x 11.09 inches||3.80 x 3.80 x 8.50 inches|
|Material||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Grip||Stainless Steel||Plastic||stainless-steel|
|Size||16 oz||16 oz.||24 oz||16 oz.||25 oz||20 oz|
|Volume Capacity||16.0 ounces||16.0 ounces||24.0 ounces||16.0 ounces||25.0 ounces||20.0 ounces|
Commute in style with the new AUTOSEAL Transit Stainless Steel Travel Mug! The new AUTOSEAL Transit Stainless Steel Travel Mug protects against dirt and debris to deliver a clean and convenient on-the-go drinking experience. Transit combines the spill-free solution consumers love about AUTOSEAL with a commuter-inspired CleanGuard spout cover that rotates to close off the drinking area when not in use and protects the drinking interface from dirt and debris. This Thermalock double-wall vacuum-insulated mug is engineered to keep drinks hot for up to 5 hours or cold for up to 12 hours, without a sweat. We mean that literally, because this vacuum-insulated mug keeps your drink at the optimal sipping temperature and eliminates condensation for dry hands.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It will get you sick!
Care and use guide never tells you how to take apart and clean the auto-seal button mechanism.
What happens when you are drinking, is the fluid get trapped inside the auto-seal button and ... stays there.
According to the use and care manual, you only have to rinse with warm water while pressing down the auto-seal button.
But there will be still water, unless you keep on pressing the button to dry the mechanism.
So better way is, you need to take apart the auto-seal mechanism, which is really hard to take apart and put them back.
Also, there are very very small parts and you will lose them while you are washing them.
I washed mine in a strainer and one of the small parts (small rubber o-ring) floated out the strainer before I knew it!
I found this out when I opened the Contigo to refill my water, I noticed floating pink objects...
Which was water fungus... YUK
Cons (all very minor):
1. Lid does not come apart completely for cleaning, so gunk could lurk in there somewhere. That said, I put the lid through the dishwasher and have yet to find any evidence of anything remaining behind after cleaning. No off taste, no bad smell.
2. If you turn the whole thing upside down and try to dispense coffee (as into a mug), coffee will shoot out of the two vent holes as well as the hole for drinking. Solution: don't do that.
3. If you overfill the mug and try to screw the cap on, you will have coffee coming out of the lid, the vent holes, the button, etc. Solution: don't do that.
4. If you take a drink and then tip the cup over, you can get one drop of coffee that will fall off of the cup. It basically collects on the rubber stopper if you didn't tip the cup upright before releasing the button. Solution: sit the cup upright before releasing the button, or just "burp" it one time to let the liquid drop back into the mug. You can then turn it upside down and shake it and nothing will go anywhere. Some other reviewers are griping about the cup dribbling, I don't see it. Just remember to take a sip, turn the cup back upright and THEN release the button. Or, press the button again for a second if you forget. Seriously. This is a non issue.
1. Read the cons. They all minor, two of them are operator error, one is no big deal, and the last is a simple problem with a simple solution. These are the only shortcomings I could find for this mug. Really. It's that good.
2. Hot stuff stays hot for hours. No, I don't have temperature readings. All I know is that I brew coffee at 5:45 and it is still nice and hot at 10. Good enough for me, not at all "lukewarm."
3. Zero mess. If it is dribbling you either got a lemon or you're doing it wrong. I wear a white shirt at work and I have yet to get a coffee stain with this mug. Spills and drips really annoy me, and this cup is 100% messless, unless you're using it wrong.
4. The turning lid/lock is awesome. Turn it closed and you can toss your mug in a bag and not have to worry about it leaking. Also, you can now leave your cup in a dirty environment (or take the lid off to refill it, and sit it upside down on the counter) without having to worry about keeping the drinking area clean. Someone was griping about having to unscrew the top to drink- sure, if it is closed. You don't have to close it for the cup to be spillproof.
5. Fits most normal sized cupholders.
If Iever lose this cup, I'm buying another one just like it. I originally gave it 4 stars, but I upped it to 5 .... the only real ding is that the lid doesn't come apart 100%, but until I see some evidence of buildup in the innards somewhere, I don't think it warrants a 20% knockoff for that alone.
Top international reviews
The spring-loaded drinking mechanism makes it so practical for drinking on the move. You don't have to faff around with unscrewing a lid, and it perfectly replicates the lid on plastic takeaway cups.
It's easy to clean too, with no unnecessary fiddly bits. Would strongly recommend as a plastic free solution to enjoying takeaway hot drinks.
The one I did receive is pretty good - keeps hot drinks hot, is easy to hold/grip and fits car cup holders and rucksack pockets well. Just note if you're only getting one, it's not as good a price it suggests.
This mug has gone downhill. Read my 90 day review below, but in the last two days, paint has been chipping off the top edge where the lid attaches to the body. i.e. the chipping paint is right *on* the edge and may end up *in* the mug or certainly in my mouth when I drink with the lid off. See photo. This will only get worse, now. This product has gone from average to awful. Do not buy. Contigo's "lifetime guarantee" specifically excludes paint chips.
My review at 90 days:
For 90 days, I have used this, sometimes twice daily. TL;DR: It's okay. I give it 3 Stars right now.
It has not leaked but it does always retain a few drops of coffee in the recessed part of the lid when you drink, and it's not easy to shake or suck that liquid out. So it's safe to put into a bag of other items *before* you start drinking, but expect a few drops of "leakage" after you've used it. (Only from the exposed area of the lid.)
It's not particularly easy to clean. I also have, and love, a Zojirushi mug. Their fiddly bits in the lids of these two brands each require different cleaning attention, but both mugs have them, so I'd give this mug only an average rating for ease-of-cleaning. I was expecting something better based on their marketing but it's average. Note: If you throw this in the dishwasher each time, I guess that makes it easier. I prefer to quickly handwash after using it in case I use it later the same day.
It does *not* keep a hot beverage hot for very long. Daily example: pre-heat the mug with a cup of boiling water while brewing, then dump out the water and put in piping hot coffee at 8am. It's nice and drinkable (not quite "hot") at 11:30am when I first unseal it. That's okay. But in a Zojirushi mug (also 16 oz, and notably *smaller* than this mug), I still have truly hot coffee at 2pm.
The lid retains a strong coffee odour, even after washes and soaks by hand and machine. Every mug with plastic bits seems to do this.
It seems reasonably durable. The black paint or coating has started to wear off near the top lip where the lid screws on.
So this is my daily knock-around mug and it's fine. But I recommend a Zojirushi mug if you want the best heat retention and build quality.
It's clear Contigo has put a lot of thought into this product. It's got a rubberized bottom so it doesn't rattle with car vibrations. Textured rubber sides minimize the chance of the mug slipping out of your hand. I would only have liked to see some loop where I could attach a wrist strap so I don't risk dropping the mug in the parking lot.
- Delivers on being a very high quality and reliable insulated drinking mug
- Clever lid design makes it easy to clean
- Well thought-out design
- No place to attach a lanyard or wrist strap
- Requires a lot of force to push the button - finger can get sore
- Black version is not dishwasher safe
- Might be too large for people with small hands
Lo malo es que no cumple con el criterio de mantener tu café caliente por 5 horas, ni siquiera tibio llega a ese tiempo.
En términos generales a pesar que cumpla no cumple mucho lo que promete... es bueno según el costo-beneficio (bueno, bonito y barato).