Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Contigo AUTOSPOUT Straw Addison Water Bottle, 32 o..." and save 38% off the $14.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $6.00 shipping
Contigo AUTOSPOUT Straw Addison Water Bottle, 32 oz., Ocean
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 100-percent BPA free; water bottle is made out of triton, which provides high impact resistance and won't stain or retain odors
- Top-rack dishwasher safe
- Sleek design fits car cup holders for travel
- Wide opening fits ice cubes
- Spout shield covers silicone drink spout, keeping it clean and protected when not in use
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
For the past 12 years, we (the passionate and meticulous employees at Ignite USA) have put creating innovative solutions at the forefront of everything that we do. It all began with an idea to eliminate spills with a coffee mug that sealed between sips. From there, we engineered a patented technology called Autoseal to deliver on that groundbreaking idea. We received such great feedback that we decided to jump in and start to revolutionize the whole beverageware category (travel mugs, water bottles, tumblers, kid’s bottle, etc.) In 2014, we were acquired by Newell Rubbermaid and we continue to develop innovative solutions for everyday needs.
The Autospout Addison Water Bottle
Press to Refresh - The Addison BPA-free reusable water bottle wants you to keep your eyes on the task at hand. Whether you’re walking the dog or on the treadmill, you can relax knowing Addison only takes one hand to operate the pop-up straw spout with its Autospout technology. Simply press a button to pop up the comfortable drinking spout, and you're ready to drink! With a leak-proof lid, you can set it down and continue on without worrying about leaks.
- Easy one-handed drinking
- Pop-up straw spout
- Protective spout cover
- Volume markings
- Fits most car cup holders
- Top rack dishwasher safe lid and body
- Carry loop
We hate leaks as much as you do, especially when they lead to ruined laptops or meeting notes. That’s why we engineered Autospout technology, which will keep your Addison from leaking. Just push the spout down to close, and your leak-proof lid is ready for on-the-go convenience.
The Contigo Limited Lifetime Guarantee
We’re extremely proud to stand behind the design, quality, materials and workmanship that goes into every Contigo product. We go to great lengths to create the best product that we can and then we back that excellence with the Contigo Limited Lifetime Guarantee. Covers the following:
Mugs, Bottles, Replacement Lids.
Purchased in the US and Canada.
Using Your New Water Bottle
-When figuring out what to fill your brand new water bottle with, steer clear of hot drinks and stick with cold liquids only.
-When you're on a flight or taking a summer road trip, pressure builds up in your water bottle due to high altitude or really hot temperatures. In these situations, twist the water bottle lid open a little bit to relieve that pressure, then reseal the lid before you use it.
Do's and don'ts.
-We don't recommend carrying filled water bottles in your bag while on-the-go (it's safer for your cell phone this way). Also, keep your water bottle out of the microwave and the freezer.
-Contigo water bottles and lids are top-rack dishwasher safe for a quick, easy clean. Visit our official website for more care and use information.
The AUTOSPOUT Addison Water Bottle features a one-touch-button spout release for convenient one-handed drinking. A spout shield protects the spout from dirt and debris when not in use.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Like many others, the round black rubber gasket in the lid fell off and I had a very tough time figuring out how to put it back in again without it falling back out the instant the cap gets unscrewed.
If you're looking down directly at the inside of the cap, here's what you want to do:
1. Look at the attached images to see how the rubber gasket SHOULD be seated. Note that the gasket sits flat inside the cap. This is difficult to arrange because the gasket's natural resting orientation is to have the sides stand up vertically, but we will get to it. There is also a slight raised area on the gasket which should be orientated as show in the photos.
2. Make sure the gasket and the cap are completely DRY. The reason the gasket came off in the first place is because moisture got between the gasket and the plastic, causing it to slip off. Once you dry the gasket and the plastic, the tackiness of the rubber will stick much better to the surface of the plastic. This is also the reason you see so many white fibers in the photos - I used tissue paper to dry the surfaces.
3. Get two small coins - a dime or a nickel should do. At the 5 o'clock position in the photo, insert the gasket's flat side and then keep it held down with the outside flat edge of one of the coins. You need to keep pressure on this coin at all times because the gasket will want to twist out of this flat orientation naturally. See the photo of the one coin inserted.
4. With a couple fingers stretch the gasket around the perimeter of the circle so that it stays in place.
5. Insert the second coin next to the first coin and ROLL this second coin around the circle so that the flat edge of the coin smashes the gasket into the flat position all along the perimeter. The first coin MUST be held down this entire time. In the photos, the gold-colored coin would be rolled from the 7 o'clock position clockwise around the entire circle.
6. It may take a few tries, but once the gasket is in flat, you can remove both coins. Maybe do a few rolls with one of the coins to make sure the gasket is squished down there pretty good.
7. Take the cap and twist it on tight and let it sit for a minute. Then carefully untwist the cap and hopefully the gasket is still in its place.
B. On the spout spitting out water:
If the internal pressure is greater than the pressure outside the bottle, the contents will eject out the moment you pressure the button to open the spout. This can be caused by, among other things:
- Changes in elevation. Ex. Filling the bottle in Denver and then driving up into the mountains to ski while the spout is closed.
- Differences in temperature. If you fill the bottle with hot/warm tea/coffee and close it, it will spray out the next time you open the spout, with enough pressure to spray building up possibly in as little as a few SECONDS after closing the spout.
- Increases in temperature. If you fill the bottle with cold water and then have the bottle sitting out in the heat, the spout will spray the next time you open it. Ex. Filling the bottle before a hike on a hot day.
- If you put things into the bottle and then close the spout and shake the bottle to mix the contents, the spout will spray the next time you open it.
- Carbonated beverages.
The Camelback Eddy bottle will do the same thing, the only difference being that it will only spray out liquid once you squeeze down on the mouthpiece. This can be especially bad if the contents are hot - you'll have a copious amount of hot liquid spraying forcefully directly into your mouth when you bite down.
The only real solution to this problem without modifying the bottle is to form a habit of untwisting the lid a bit so that the internet pressure can escape and then twisting it back tight again before you take a sip. This requires a degree of mindfulness which will eventually become a habit. Always do this for hot beverages. You may have to do this multiple times with hot beverages since the pressure can build back up again after the first untwisting.
It is a very durable water bottle which is good for someone like me, because I am really good at dropping it. I’ve had this water bottle for four months and I’ve probably drop it at least once a week, but there are still no cracks or leaks. There are some small scratches on the outside of the bottle, but you have to look up close to see them.
The only down side to this water bottle, as compared to the one I had before, is that it doesn’t have a lock button. This isn’t a big deal as I mostly used it to confuse my friends when they tried to drink from it.
The bottle has a straw which I like because then I am less likely to spill it on myself when I go to take a drink, and it helps me to get water faster after a workout. The top of the straw has a flip top which also helps it to not spill everywhere, if I happen to knock it over. The straw is bigger than a typical straw so it is easier to drink out of and you get more water at a time that you would with a regular straw.
This bottle is very easy to clean and is dishwasher safe. All you have to do is unscrew the top, pull out the straw, open the flip top and put it in the dishwasher. Since it has a larger straw, the dishwasher is able to thoroughly clean the whole bottle.
Another plus is that there are lines on the bottle to tell you how much water you have drank that day, which also tells you if you need to drink more. I am a runner, so being able to see how much water I drink allows me to know if I am staying hydrated.
The handle makes it easy to carry and it is strong enough to hang from a bag. The actual water bottle itself is a good size, it is small enough to fit into a backpack, a cup holder in a car, or a cup holder on a treadmill.
Over all this product has worked well for me and I don’t have complaints about it. Out of all the water bottles I’ve ever had, this one is by far my favorite and I will definitely be buying more.