Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 315 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 335 reviews
on March 30, 2017
This is my initial review of this product.
Since I just received it today, I can't speak to the durability of the unit, but can at least offer my initial observations.

The unit was shipped to me in the manufacturer's packaging, which really wasn't designed for shipping. It should have been placed inside a larger box prior to shipping.
Thankfully, it arrived intact.

Things to keep in mind about this unit:

It is equivalent in size to your average *small* stove burner, intended for use with small to medium sized pots and pans.

Although it is rated for 1100 watts, it is still at least 150 watts lower in wattage than your typical 6" stove burner.

Using a 2 quart metal pot, it took about 8 minutes to bring 48 ounces of water to a decent boil. It continued to boil after pasta was added, though it didn't really reach a true "rolling boil".
However, it was still adequate for proper cooking.

Overall, this unit should be ok for smaller cooking tasks.

Look for a 1500-1800 watt unit, if you plan on boiling large amounts of water.

Enjoy !
on October 22, 2014
When I purchased this item I had a few unanswered questions that I would like to post here for the benefit of others.

1) Can you bypass the automatic heat cycling? Yes, It was easy to open the unit and use spare bare wire to bypass the thermal switch. However - you loose the ability to adjust the temperature as it is always full ON after this change. Definitely only do this if you have an understanding of what you are doing and will be outside/have a fire extinguisher on hand.

2) Does it get hot enough to melt lead? Yes if you bypass the heat cycling. It's a little slow, but it works. It takes about 5 minutes to melt 8 lbs of lead. I used it to melt a total of 66lbs and the burner still works.
on October 28, 2013
This thing will get your coals blazing in under 10 minutes. It is RED HOT and gets the coals WHITE HOT.

It's saved me a ton of time using stoves, microwaves, and even Butane torches to light Coco Nara coals. This burner does a glorious job and can safely head about 4 coals at the same time if you have more than one hookah to go around.

I've read it shuts off automatically. Well this hasn't happened during any of the 8 coals I've successfully heated with this burner. If it does it's far after your coals are ready to go.

If you're a Coco Nara/natural coal user get this burner. It's going to save you a ton of trouble!
review image review image
on May 29, 2012
Hi, I don't usually write reviews but this product is worth my time. I'm Asian, and my husband is Caucasian. I love cooking Asian style soup, which means boiling it to death for 3-4 hours. Well, everytime I cook in the house, my husband would complain about the smell, not a bad smell, but the whole house just smells like soup... even with the vent on. So one day, I decided to find a way to cook outside. I first try cooking the should in a crock pot in the backyard. And it took foreverrrrr... almost a 8-10 hour job... until I order this... I love it! It heats up right away and gets really hot.
The burner is alittle smaller than your standard size, (it's the size of the small ones on your stove top). But for soup and small dish, it's perfect. For $10... I am extremely pleased, and so is my husband :) I hope this product won't ever discontinue, becuase I've look at Target, Walmart... no one sells it anymore... beside the one with 2 burners, which takes up too much space to store.
on November 21, 2013
Let me say that I've had 3-4 different types of electric single burners & this one has been the best for my needs.

Gets hot quickly
Very durable

I use the burner to light coconut coals for smoking hookah. This is the cleanest way to light coals, no gas, butane, etc...
My first burner (walgreens) started to come apart @ the coil with 4 weeks of daily use, but I was still able to use it for 3 months.
I have had similar problems with other burners because there coating for the coil was thinner (or something like that)

This burner has seen daily use for 3 months now & hasn't started to come undone. Now the coals are rough so they "sand away" the coating for any coil, but this burner has kept up the best.

If you're looking for a hookah burner, this is it. you will always need to replace something like this if the use will be rough, but I promise this will last you longer than many other burners out there

p.s. boiled a kettle for my tea recently & it worked great!
on May 3, 2013
When I unpacked the burner there seemed to be some sort of white paper or something stuck to it in a few small places. I was able to get most of it off. I turned it on and let it heat several minutes. It heated very fast and seemed hot enough. Then it cooled down reasonably fast. It seems to be very nice for the price and since I don't use a burner very often I'm sure this will work very well for me. Being able to purchase this on Amazon is very nice as it saves me running from place to place to try to purchase one. Actually I looked on line at Walmart and a very similar burner was over 3.00 more expensive.SEVEN MONTHS LATER: This burner is still working very well. I use it to boil a big pot of water for spaghetti and doesn't take any longer than it would on a regular stove. I don't use it every day but a few times a week and am very pleased. I am going to order another to keep on hand in case this one goes out on me.
on March 4, 2012
The auto protection system is really anoying. It's difficult to make a hotpot dinner with this burner! Is there anyway to change the protection system?

The burner will stop heating within 2 minutes, and will start again after about 1 minute. weir
on April 8, 2015
My fiancé and I use this for our hookah coals. I was nervous after reading other reviews. One guy even said that this device will turn on "on its own." I have never had that experience. It uses a plug, so if one is worried about accidental heatings, one can simply remove the plug from the wall to prevent this from happening. It does not take batteries, which I am a little disappointed about, because I thought we might be able to take it camping with us, but for the price and the product, you can't beat it. We have been using it regularly now for over a year, and we love it!
on September 28, 2012
How about that. Will wonders never cease? This little wonder actually stays hot the entire time it's on so if you're used to the ones that shut off during use, be careful with this one. It works exactly like the stove. I haven't had any problems with it so far. I love it! I use it everyday until I can afford to buy the stove I want. It's compact, it sits up so that it won't burn the counter but I still have a piece of steel plating under it. Trust me, you'll love it. I couldn't believe the cost! It's a steal!
Update: This little wonder is still working wonders. I'll have to order another one to cook two dishes at once. I set the burner on a big steel stock pot just to be extra safe because as I stated before, it STAYS hot like a stove top. I love it.
on October 25, 2011
This is a great product. Compact and produces a lot of heat...and quickly. I previously bought a double electric burner from Target that barely got water to a boil, and then couldn't keep the water even close to boil without a lid on the pot. Also, that one took nearly 10 minutes to heat up. THIS single, coil burner heats up very quickly. I'm convinced it's the coil styles that work best. The burners with flat surfaces just don't heat well. I returned the double burner, which was way too bulky anyway, and am THRILLED with this product. I used to travel a lot and used single burners for my hotel rooms. I bought one this time because I'm remodeling my kitchen and need the burner to exist. While you'll never get the power (heat) as you would from a full size stove, especially if you're used to gas, this is a dependable item. I recommend the product to anyone who is in need of a burner.