Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 351 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 364 reviews
on January 4, 2012
I added this iron to my collection of irons (I am a fiber artist and need lots of irons) for one reason--the sole plate has no holes. Which is wonderful when working with fusible web on fabric. With holes in the plate you have to move the iron more to make sure you cover the spots where the holes are to make the web adhere better. But with this iron that is never and issue--the web bonds securely the first time and every time.
One added bonus to this iron that I was not aware until it arrived is that it has no safety shut-off. So it stays on--well that is good or bad depending on if you remember to turn off manually. But in my work I like it on and have everything on a switch and shut down when I leave the studio area.
Another bonus I did not realize right away is that the iron is the hottest iron I have ever had short of the ones my mom had in the 1950's and 1960's era when electrics were really basic but worked well. Many of the other irons in my collection while decent, it is necessary to use the linen/hottest settings so the wrinkles come out of cottons, especially hand dyed and batiks or my hand painted pieces can really wrinkle up. But this iron on linen/hottest setting is actually not necessary! It is a dream to iron with.
This is my second purchase of this iron--one to put away--in case the manufacturer changes anything--I love this baby just the way it performs now.
88 comments| 160 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 23, 2014
WARNING: The end of the cord can rip and catch on fire. After 16 months of owning this iron ( and I did not iron very much), the cord at the iron end ripped and caught on fire. This was while I was using it of course. The ball of fire at the end of the cord was about 1/2" to 3/4" in diameter and lasted for about 10 to 15 seconds. It's definitely is a fire hazard. I will from now on (when I get my new iron ) be ironing in the kitchen, not the bedroom.
I expect an iron to last longer than 16 months! This is a cheaply made iron or at least the cord part is. No wonder there's no photo of the cord. Look at other irons. The cords at the iron ends have a protective covering. THIS ONE DOES NOT.
on August 6, 2015
Please do NOT buy this iron. I bought this iron for sewing projects because it has a solid plate, no steam holes. It arrived this week and I was going to use it today. When I plugged it in fire shot across the counter and threw the breaker in the electric box. It melted one of the prongs on the plug and turned it black. Very scary experience.
on June 15, 2015
I loved this iron when I bought it. Loved the fact that it was a dry iron that would stay on for as long as I wanted it to (i.e., it has no auto shut off). Was a great addition to my sewing/quilting studio. However...the cord wore out in only 5 months. It put out sparks and shocks. It frayed where the cord was attached to the iron. If only it had come with a cord saver feature (a spring or rubber cover that covers the cord for several inches where it comes out of the iron, so that the cord wouldn't have as much stress on it at that particular point), then I would probably still be using it. As it is, I wasted my money. Now I am back on-line, searching for another dry iron to replace this one. I will definitely only consider models that have a better cord saver feature.
on August 11, 2016
This iron is in the right track but falls short. It has good weight, no auto-shutoff and no annoying alarms. However, the sole plate is very rough. While this iron might be good for pressing only, it can not be used for actual ironing. I've included a picture of the sole plate so you can get an idea of what I mean. It is has significant ridges that prevent the iron from smoothing moving over fabric. Given several the other reviews, the iron I received isn't the only one like this. I was hoping the others were just flukes but I guess not.

It's too bad. I had such high hopes but evidently my search for a good old-style (dry, heavy, no shut-off, no alarms) iron continues.
review image
on January 1, 2012
No drips, leaks, seeps, mineral crusts or errant puffs of steam. Heats up properly and maintains temperature. Nice heft for a good press without need to exert too much tiring downward force. Perfect.
on April 1, 2016
Received in mail January 15, 2016 and cord has a hole with copper wires visible and iron is sparking. Actually stopped heating

Sending back under warranty. Very disappointed with quality. Had prior one which lasted at least more than one year, however, same type and same problem. Actually blew the fuse.
review image
on July 23, 2014
As a quilter, I needed an iron without holes in the sole. This iron was ordered to replace my old one that had been dropped numerous times and finally stopped working completely. I was glad to see I could get a replacement from Amazon. Unfortunately, this baby didn't even last 6 months and it hadn't been dropped at all. One day, it just wouldn't heat at all. I love Amazon but I think I am going back to the Vermont Country Store for my replacement which is were I had purchased the first iron.
on November 11, 2015
I love this iron so much! I use it all the time to adhear heat transfer vinyl to shirts & other small items for my kids & frinds kids. I am able to get nice even pressure with it. I have never had any issue with burning or having the vinyl lift after washing when it is applied with this iron. I woild say it works almost as good as my heat press, just takes a little longer. lf you are looking for a good iron while saving up for a heat press or just for smaller jobs this is it!
on November 24, 2016
I had a very bad experience with this iron. I had only used it about 3 times shortly after the purchase. It over heated and the iron plate expanded to the point of becoming badly warped. There was smoke coming out of the selector slide. I contacted the buyer immediately for a refund but did not receive any response. Fortunately I was close at hand and no further damage occurred.
review image review image