|Digital List Price:||$12.99|
|Print List Price:||$29.95|
Save $19.96 (67%)
Continuity and Rupture: Philosophy in the Maoist Terrain Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
If you too have those questions, C&R is definitely the book you want to read. I won’t give a chapter by chapter breakdown- that’s your job. Some things I really loved about the book:
1) I have a better understanding about the meaning of “failure” for the left. Why should we privilege Marxism Leninism Maoism in the present over, say, an anarchist’s theory about organization when none of us have succeeded in overthrowing capitalism for good?
2) This sentence: “In essence, Marxism Leninism is correct while at the same time, Marxism Leninism is incorrect.” BUY THIS BOOK ASAP.
3) Class and Party. What could be a more contentious topic than the most immediate criticism launched by detractors of Marxism Leninism that the Party ends up reproducing the relations of power the revolution itself was supposed to demolish?
4) Class and identity. JMP’s treatment about the tension between identity politics and revolutionary communism is simply one of the best available, and it’s one of the most explosive areas of misunderstanding and hostility for communists.
5) Revisionism was a dusty old concept I understood poorly until I read about it two days ago in C&R. Now I walk around acting like I wrote a book on the subject.
I strongly recommend C&R and believe it will soon become a standard reference text for organizers and communists in the near future.
Aside from that, this book does a phenomenal job at arguing for Maoism. Even if one disagrees with the ultimate conclusions (that Maoism is the next stage in revolutionary science), you will absolutely finish reading it with a better understanding of what Maoism actually is, as it currently exists. If you are at all interested in Marxism, I highly recommend getting a copy of this book for yourself!
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Political
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Ideologies & Doctrines > Communism & Socialism
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Political Science > History & Theory
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Political
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Ideologies & Doctrines > Communism & Socialism
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Political Science > History & Theory