Customer Reviews: Contixo Q102 10.1" Quad Core Google Android 4.4 KitKat Tablet PC, 1GB RAM, 32GB Nand Flash, HDMI, Bluetooth, Dual Camera, Google Play Pre-installed, 3D Game Supported, UV Coating Protection (1GB RAM, 32GB Storage, White)
Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon bajillions bajillions bajillions  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Cycling on Amazon STEM

on April 19, 2014
All features are excellent - picture, sound, wifi, android, dual camera, etc. except for the viewing angle. The face of the tablet needs to be perpendicular to the viewer's line of sight to see a perfect display. Not a big issue. I used it for skype, email, facebook, facetime, web-browsing, taking picture, video, screen shots ... We have ipad mini, and I don't see big difference. I ordered on Monday and got it on Friday with a free shipping. I would recommend this $150 tablet that can do the job of a more expensive other tablets.
22 comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 17, 2014
I got this when AAA Mart had it on sale for $88.00, and I got $20 off by signing up for an Amazon card, so I got this for $68 plus shipping and tax.

I chose this tablet because I wanted a a cheap tablet with a 10" screen, and at least the resolution of my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0, which was straining my eyes, and it is much easier on my eyes than the Samsung when reading news or checking Facebook. I wanted at least 1GB of RAM, and a minimum of 8 GB storage, and I got double the storage I wanted. I also needed Bluetooth, because I anticipated that this tablet's speakers wouldn't bring out the audiophile in me, and I would rather use my high quality portable Bluetooth stereo speakers. After I received it, I ran the updates, verified all features worked as described. I loaded up 20GB worth of cartoons, added some games and other apps. Real Racing plays very well, although it is a bit slow to load. Also, after you first get this tablet, you have to let it operate and run its updates, and until it finishes doing that, it is going to be slow. Overall I got an excellent value for the money I paid compared to what I really want, which is a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10, which is not in my budget.

I got a case* from the seller Fintie under the search listing of "Fintie Premium PU Leather Case Cover for 10.1'' Android Tablet." The case I chose has no keyboard. It fits perfectly with openings in all of the right places ;-) and functions as a stand. It's vegetarian leather too. *(sold seperately)

I am going to cover pros and cons, and I may mention competing products. For me, competing products are sub ~$100 tablets imported from China, with no recognizable name brands, and with much lower quality builds than a Samsung Galaxy tablet.

Mine works
1024*600 screen resolution compared to most competing tablets having 800*480 resolution
1GB RAM compared to most competing have 512MB RAM
16GB storage compared to others only having 4GB or 8GB storage.
Does not have mechanical button on the front of it which means whichever way you orient it, your home button will be in the right place
Android Kit Kat compared to most others being on Jelly Bean or even Ice Cream Sandwich
Bluetooth on this and most others don't
Cameras are not the high end but are better than most competitors
Battery life is adequate for my needs at this price point
Great tablet for a kid who hasn't proven reliable enough taking care of expensive belongings
Great tablet for a person on a slim budget who can forego the TouchWiz interface of Samsung tablets

Product not labeled for FCC compliance in the US
No brand name, model number, or serial number on it
No warnings for battery safety and recycling
Not labeled for where it was made
Screen is very cheap plastic and I am very afraid I will scratch it easily
Case is very cheap plastic
Charging connector is not a micro USB connector, so you can't use those interchangeable ones you've come to love
Micro USB host and micro USB jack both feel super cheap - be careful you don't break them by plugging them in upside down
Exterior build quality is comparable to lowest price electronics sold at Kmart or Big Lots

My advice to the manufacturer is that this product could be the perfect tablet to buy if (without taking away from the techical specifications or using any other cheaper parts or labor) you made the following upgrades:

Put a brand name on it and be proud of your brand name
Give it a model number and serial number
Label it as required by law in the place you are selling it
Deliver it with software configured for the Google Play Store but without rooting the device
Use polycarbonate or aluminum for the case instead of the cheap plastic (aluminum dissipates heat really well)
Use Gorilla Glass or any scratch-resistant and impact-resistant glass, just don't use the cheap plastic touchscreen
Change the charging jack to a Micro-USB so people can use the chargers for most other non Apple devices that they already have
Use RAM designed for a mobile device

If you make these upgrades on future releases, I would be willing to pay an extra $40 as a customer and give you 5 stars and give these as presents to people and feel good about the gift.
on May 18, 2014
I bought this tablet to see how I liked using a tablet. It was not the least expensive tablet, but it had a lot to offer for the price. It was delivered fast and packaged well. I've been using it now for over a month and still learning all the features. Its great for email and Facebook. The battery life is only a couple hours of continued use, but it charges fast and can be used with the charger. This tablet is definitely worth looking at. After using this tablet for a couple months the battery life has gone downhill to being able to use it 15-20 minutes before hooking it up to the charger.
33 comments| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 7, 2014
First of all, the screen resolution is 976 x 600, not 1024 x 600 as stated in the product description. It's fast, but the poor quality of the screen creates rather negative experience when you try to use it for reading, so I would consider this as a toy for kids who want to play games rather than an office device for business.
33 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 5, 2014
I like this tablet and although it may not be an iPad or have crystal clear pictures it serves an intended purpose for me which I use to browse the internet, play games, and show houses and sign contracts. The sound is fine for me and I could pop in head phones if I really wanted to take advantage of listening to music, and I have not been disconnected from WiFi yet so no issues there. The picture quality is pretty bad I'm not going to lie, but for close to 100 bucks for this I feel its worth it.
on August 13, 2014
Does it have the best picture quality or sound? No, but what I got for less than $100 is a fast and reliable Android tablet that plays games, surfs the web, and any other tasks I've done on it at very high speed and without any problems. I am very happy with this tablet and would recommend it to anyone looking for a killer tablet at a price point that won't kill your wallet! I got more than my moneys worth!
on June 3, 2014
This little tablet is a gem. I can even do everything I need to do with very little trouble. It's fast enough to view you tube and Netflix without buffer lag. The SD slot will take a 64gb card and even mount a USB drive. I was wondering if I should buy an iPad so I got this to try a tablet. I don't think I'll bother with the iPad since this is the best bang for the buck!
on August 29, 2014
A full review of the item:
First, the cons - There is no brand logo which make me feel there is no manufacturer's pride in their product, the plastic is hard thin plastic which makes you think it will crack if not handled carefully, the screen is made of soft plastic which can scratch easily if you are not careful. Highly suggest getting a screen protector so you wont have to worry. Wish it came with a better file management system. Camera's could be better quality, is about the same quality on close up shots as my blackberry (NO Macro Setting). Having trouble finding a case for it locally. Power connector is a small pin, would have preferred it to be USB - But it can be charged through the micro USB port with any cell phone charger but I think it charges slower this way.
The Pros - The tablet runs fast and reliable. Storage potential is excellent as well as external sources for storage as well. Battery for me has been lasting 3-4 hours of constant use. Connects well to WiFi, but tends to disconnect if moving around a lot. Capable of streaming video really well provided good wifi connection, at least 3 bars. With 2 bars it will have to buffer occasionally. When turned on end, it is great for reading PDFs. Has HDMI and Micro USB ports. Comes with a USB2.0 to Micro USB cable as well as a Micro USB to Female USB2.0 dongle - the latter being very useful for use with external storage devices.
HINTS: Do not try to reboot the device while having a card in the trans-flash port as it will not boot up. The device will just hang there with a black screen. I at first thought this was an error and contacted customer service, but figured it out before I heard back from them, which was a reasonable amount of time considering it was a weekend.

Overall, this is a good product for the price and as long as it is treated well, I see this device being useful for a few years.
on August 14, 2014
Let me first say that I can only rate this tablet by how it compares to my 7 inch samsung tab.
The tablet packaging was cheap but protected the tablet durring shipment it arrived with no damage. The tablet is very fast and has adequate storage as well as an hdmi slot. It makes a great device to play back downloaded video on your tv.

Here is the negative. Feels very cheap. Is made of plastic and has some sharp edges. The screen is cheap plastic and scratches VERY easy. The screen compared to my tab is kind of washed out. Not very vivid or bright. That said when compared to the price i think the value is outstanding. Cant give it any more than four stars because the plastic screen scratches so easily
on August 1, 2014
Poor picture and photo quality. Volume at its highest, still unable to hear.
33 comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse