Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One ft Nina Nesbitt GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 86 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 92 reviews
on November 14, 2014
Pros
VERY easy to use, slide control forward to record, slide back to stop. Perfect.
Includes locks on slide control and connection door.
Ultra wide angle lens, so no need to focus, just point it generally in the right direction.
No image stabilization at this price point, but if you hold it fairly steady then it isn't an issue.
Video quality is very good.
Front lens can be rotates so your image will be upright, no matter how you mount it.
Long battery life, over two hours of continuous recording.
Uses MP4 compression, so files are around 30 minutes per Gigabyte of storage.
Includes a rubber lens cap.

Cons
No snapshot photo capability on this model, you need to step up to the ROAM3 to get that.
You need a powerful computer to play or work with the full HD video.

Summary
It has a laser line so you can tell if it is level, for me tat was useless, for some it may be important. I would have preferred the button that was used for the laser be used for snapshots.
I bought a 32GB card and used the ROAM2 extensively on a 7 day cruise, and only used about half the card.
on February 29, 2016
A few problems, but it works.
Image is fine as a beginner dash cam. Bought it for the CRV and to use on the maxi scooter. It works, but it does not tell me when the SD card is filling or full. It is supposed to have an indicator light turning yellow at 50% full and red at 20% storage remaining (if I remember correctly). It doesn't change at all. Because of this, it has stopped recording without notice. I don't know how much I may have missed before checking the record light to see it isn't on. Maybe I need to look into returning it for repair/replacement.

Also, I have this plugged into a power source in the car. When the unit is charging, it will not start recording. I have to turn off the charge, start recording, then start the charge.

I think in the future, I will replace or limit this camera use after I have fine tuned my needs. I will get something with better external charge while operation and one that will start recording when power turns on so I can start recording when I start the maxi scooter.
on November 7, 2015
This camera is an excellent value for the money.

Pros:
The videos are nice and clear as long as there is plenty of sunlight. It can do 1080p @ 30fps or 720p @ 60fps (plus a few other lower quality settings). Comes with two sticky mounts, one fixed and one that rotates. It is water-proofish so you can use it in the rain. The huge switch on top is easy to slide even with thick motorcycle gloves. The shape is very sleek and looks way better than a GoPro when attached to a helmet.

Cons (nitpicks really):
The camera is bigger than I thought it would be from the pictures. It doesn't work well in interiors or when it's dark outside. The lens probably has a small aperture to be able to keep everything in focus so this is strictly a daylight camera. The battery is not removable and it doesn't come with a charger, just a USB cable. All settings are done through the computer so you can't change settings on the go. No 1080p @ 60fps mode (you have to get the next model up for that). There is no external microphone jack so on a motorcycle you won't be able to record your voice, just the wind noise outside (no vlogging with this one).
on September 9, 2015
I really love this thing. I've taken it with me everywhere I go and can't use it enough. It has many settings but I mostly use it for action video and fast paced things, such as running or riding or snowboarding. I use the 720p 60fps setting and the battery lasts over 3 hours. You can buy another micro SD card for more memory and I highly recommend doing so. This little guy never dies on me.
It has a super simple recording feature, you slide the bar on the top forward and it starts recording, slide it back it stops recording. That's it.
You have the option to lock it into place if you want.
The button on the back shows the battery status in either (green or red) as well as the SD card capacity (green or red).
You also have the option to have a level laser shoot out the front when pressing the status button (or you can take it off)
It is completely waterproof and I've taken it with me snorkeling and jumping 20 feet into water and it captures it all perfectly. No need for a waterproof case!
Video is similar to GoPro as it has fish eye view and 170 degree field of view.
Use this if you are active and want something simple to take with you on your adventures.
The only critical thing about this device is that you need to plug it in and use the companies software to edit whether you want it to take pictures, video quality, etc. Kep it at 720p and 60fps if you plan on doing action shots and if you're just videoing landscapes or something not moving then set it to 1080p 30fps and it looks beautiful but battery will not last as long.

Get this thing!!!
on July 3, 2017
What can I say? It is a great little camera for its size. Only problem I had was that mine came with no instructions, and it was a factory sealed box. So I looked up a video on how to get into the charge port/card slot. So, If you get one without instructions, here's how it works:
Holding the camera so the switch is facing up, look at the back of the unit. There is a small lock switch, slide it to black(red means it is locked). Slightly pull up on the back of the unit and pull it back. This is the whole control panel. Charge the unit using the charge cable(a mini USB style). This will take a couple of hours. place the micro SD card in the slot. Underneath the slot is the format button. Hold it in for about 5 seconds until it beeps. The card is ready. Closing the back is reverse of opening. On the top of the camera, slide the switch forward, it will beep indicating it is on and recording. Slide it to the rear to stop recording and turn off the camera. The push button on the back turns on the laser level to give an idea where it is filming, comes on for around 10 seconds before turning off. So easy! You will have to download the Storyteller software in order to change the quality of the video or if you want to only take still photos, you can only do one or the other.
Accessories that came with it include:
USB/mini USB cable
lens cover
protective bag
4 GB micro SD card and adapter, suggest getting up to a 32 GB card
a Contour decal
two adhesive mounts, a fixed mount and a rotating mount
an extra piece of adhesive for rotating mount
the camera itself

Now for the pro/con section!
Pros:
light weight
simple on/off
waterproof without the bulk and weight of a case
Video quality is excellent, even at a lower frame rate
over 3 hours of battery life
standard camera mount hole on the bottom to mount to a standard tripod/mount

Cons:
it is a fixed battery, so if you want to record all day, get some power banks and cards
takes a bit of time to figure where you want to place it on your helmet to get the best horizontal angle
you need a computer and download the program to set up what recording status you want
microphone picks up a lot of wind noise, not too bad but it is a bit irritating. I would say use a small piece of adhesive Velcro(soft side)

All in all, seems to be a decent camera without shelling out more money on that other company's camera to get the same results(rhymes with Zero).
Would recommend this to anyone wanting a decent action camera and not spending a fortune or those that don't want a lot of buttons to mess around with.
on August 3, 2015
This helmet cam may not be the ultimate in features or video quality but it does a great job and the video is plenty good. What I like about this, along with the price, is that it's so easy to use. I mounted it on the side of my helmet and all I have to do is reach up and push the switch forward. I know it's recording. Slide it back when done. I also like the fact that it can be mounted on the side of the helmet unlike the more popular brand that mounts on top. Those I would destroy the first ride due to branches in the trail. I also like the fact that you can rotate the lens to keep the orientation correct. Battery life seems to be great so far.

Uploading video is a breeze with Storyteller. Just plug it in and Storyteller starts up. Select all videos or just the ones you want to upload and it transfers them to your computer quickly. I'm enjoying this cam and using it every time I ride.
on August 28, 2013
Easy setup. Default setting works great for what I'm doing (paragliding).

I liked the low-profile better than the Go-Pro for helmet mounting.

Had to use their flat mount to create a mount that would work with my helmet. That was easily done. The spare flat-mounting was quite useful.

So far, my lone complaint is the safety leash - which is pretty pitiful. I replaced it with a fixed loop on the helmet side and a fixed loop on the camera - and loop them together (pass camera through) upon mounting.

If your activity gets rowdy you will need a leash - Mine has popped off when hit by paraglider risers upon landing. Recommend mounting the safety leash on the back part of the helmet and making sure the leash is short enough so when the camera comes off it can't fly around and smack you in the eye. My rear-mounted leash worked great - camera dangled on the back of my neck, no interference with what I was doing.

Video is good and clear. Captured stills from default setting made nice photos.

The rotating lens is great. The wide angle view is great, although makes landings look a bit odd - has a mild fish-eye effect as you approach the ground.

The simple operation and easy to operate slide switch are much appreciated while on launch and doing so many other life-critical things. There's no battery drain while standing there, and it's easy to reach up and find the slider even with gloves on. The nice loud beep confirming power-on (and later power off) are just right for paragliding.

You *will* want a better case than the little baggie that comes with this camera. I found the one I bought was way more than needed, but it also holds my wind meter.
on November 23, 2015
This camera is perfect for an action camera. I use it attached to my helmet to record my motorcycle rides. The included slim profile mounts attached easily to my helmet and provide a great perspective during rides. The camera is easy to use and the video looks great. I use a 32GB mini SD card to avoid running out of storage space. The software is easy to download and makes changing the settings easy. I can turn on or off the camera while wearing my motorcycle gloves. You can rotate the bezel to change the recording angle and the laser alignment feature is helpful for making sure your recording angle is correct. Its too bad the company didn't last but their products will.
on October 17, 2015
I bought this camera to use as a helmet cam while biking. So far its pretty good. Battery life is great. It lasted about 2 weeks before I needed to recharge it (my commute ranges between 20 and 30 minutes each day, five days per week). I replaced the default 4GB microSD card with a 32GB one. File size is decent at 1080p, and with the larger SD card I only have to delete footage about once per month. I also like knowing that this is waterproof, so if I ever get caught in the rain, I don't have to worry about fiddling around with waterproof housing.

Image quality is not that great. It has difficulty making out license plates more than 10 feet away. The camera is really bad at night time, nearly unusable. It suffices for the purpose of documenting my rides in case of an accident. I would not recommend using this camera for artistic and professional applications.
on October 18, 2016
My camera recently experienced an issue with the mic. I followed all the instructions to troubleshoot the issue, but it continued to have issues. I wrote Conour customer support. For the life of me I cannot get anyone to respond to me. I literally created 3 support tickets and wrote on their public wall. It's a shame because this camera has such promise, but without decent support I would not recommend it.
-joe

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.