Top positive review
One person found this helpful
Less shake then a google mount
on November 2, 2011
This mount works well at keeping the Camera steady on my helmet vs. a goggle mount. My videos come out very well using this mount.
* The adhesive for the mount is 3M and sticks VERY well. I have no worry of the mount coming unstuck from the helmet.
* The rail system that fastens the cam to the mount also stays very well (however, this is also a con)
* Angle of the camera is easy to adjust and lock with the button the mount.
* The rail system holds the cam to the mount so well, it is incredibly difficult to remove. So difficult in fact, I find myself leaving the camera mounted to the helmet, which leads to the next issue. (I have found somewhat of a fix for this - see below**)
* The mount is not strong in any plane except the twisting motion of the mount itself to adjust the angle. A slight bump from the top/bottom or front/back of the camera will break the mount. I've broken 2 mounts already just taking my helmet out the truck and bumping it on something.
** since I've had so much issue removing the cam from the mount, I've begun spraying the mounts and rail slides of the cam itself with cooking spray (I suppose any lubricant would work, but the cooking spray sort of dries on there. A silicone spray would work well too I'd imagine, but I used what I had on my last adventure). This still isn't a total fix because even 1 spec of dirt in the rails makes it come off the mount hard, however the spray keeps dirt from sticking so it can be washed out with a small amount of water and/or compress air. Do this before you try and remove the cam from the mount.
Overall, I like it. If you have a contour cam, the lack of camera shake vs. goggle mount is so much better it makes it worth it.