Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Foo Fighters GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 442 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 501 reviews
on August 31, 2017
This is the best value stroller ever. as new parents I looked at many strollers. i wanted a good stroller and something that is not complicated to open/close and not heavy. I have had this stroller for 6 years and it is still in great shape. i bought 2 of these and i will definitely recommend this stroller to family and friends. it is a very sturdy stroller, it is still in great shape after travelling with it more than 20 times overseas. it collapses to close with just one pull. spacious compartment at the bottom and can easily maneuver in one hand. It can fit kids up to 5 yrs old. It also helps that it looks stylish (though that can be highly subjective depending individual taste). If you are looking for a highly functional lightweight stroller that doesnt break the bank, look no further.
VINE VOICEon February 10, 2014
My grandson is outgrowing his carseat/stroller combination and now wants to sit up when going for walks or shopping so I bought his the Contours Lite Stroller. It is a very nice stroller that you can put together easily (I am not very good at putting things together and this one was very easy) and doesn't have a lot of loose parts. (thank goodness!!)

The basket below the seat is very large and roomy and you can fit a diaper bag and a few other items in there with no problem. The sunshade has several different positions that you can use as well as the seat itself. The only thing that I had any kind of difficulty with is setting up of the seat. It adjusts in the back and it is better done without baby in the seat.

The tray and cup holder come out easily to put baby into the seat and the straps are sufficient and strong enough to hold baby in place. There is even a convenient cup holder at the top of the push bar for big people. It folds together easily for storage and it fits nicely in the trunk of my car and the stroller is very light in weight but built sturdy.

UPDATE: The more I use this stroller, the more I dislike the straps that secure the child to the seat and the straps to hold the seat into position. The straps on both keep pulling apart leaving it loose which is not a good thing. My 1 year old grandson can easily slip off the straps that keep him in the seat even though when I start out on a walk, it loosens up.

Also too, I can't keep the seat from leaning back even though I would like it to be more upright position. Again, I start out in the upright position and soon it starts slipping back no matter how much adjusting I do. Very frustrating!!
on February 6, 2014
We just received this stroller in the mail. Let me tell you what I was looking for in a stroller before reviewing: We wanted something that we could use for walks around our neighborhood, walking around the mall, day trips, basic stuff. We were not looking for a stroller to go off-roading, jogging, intense/long walks (longer than a few miles on a sidewalk or paved road). There seems to be a lot of hype about all of these expensive strollers, but I just didn't feel we needed to spend a lot to get something to fit our needs. If you have needs similar to ours, read on..

I read a lot of reviews before buying this stroller, and here's why I like it now that I have it:
-Huge basket! That was my number one priority because I like to be able to cart around everything I could possibly need. I can definitely fit our diaper bag, coats, probably a picnic blanket, etc in the basket.
-High enough for us to push comfortably. My husband and I are both about 5'8" and I do not have to stoop to push the stroller. The handle also sticks out far enough away from the stroller, that I don't think there is any chance of kicking the wheel axle.
-Big canopy that covers baby even when seat is reclined all the way.
-Very light-weight, and you can pull it along behind you while it's folded up--I see this being helpful for travel!

Some things to address that concerned me before buying it but can now judge for myself (these were things other reviewers brought up):
-The seat doesn't sit up straight enough. In my opinion, the seat sits up pretty straight and reclines to almost flat. There are some reviews that say the seat doesn't sit up very straight, but if you pull the strap very tight (easier if baby is not sitting in the stroller), you can get it to sit up at almost 90 degrees. I don't think my little guy would like it sitting perfectly straight up because I think it would put too much pressure on his little bum to be comfortable for a long ride. Think about the seats in your car...are they at a perfect 90 degrees? Nope! Not comfortable!
-The baby tray and cup holder are too high. I agree that, for right now (I have an 8 month old), they are probably too high, but I don't see that being a problem over all, and if you put the seat up straight as it can go, I don't think it's that high.
-The parent cup holder is "okay." I agree with that. I don't really like it's placement, and it snapped off once when I folded up the stroller. I honestly don't know how much I'll use it anyway, so I might just take it off for good. With a big basket underneath, I can put what I need in there, and I'll get another attachment if I find myself needing something.
-You need two hands to fold the stroller. Yes, you do. But, we had a "one-handed" fold stroller before this one, and I still ended up using two hands to get it folded and put in the car. For me, this is not a big deal, but I'm sure that is a personal preference.
-It does not have a self-locking mechanism. Again, this is a personal preference as to whether you can deal with that. For me, it's a matter of seconds to just click the lock strap at the bottom of the stroller, so no biggie.
-The straps are difficult to adjust. Thinking logically about this, you're only going to adjust them once (when your baby gets bigger)--they are not something you're going to be adjusting every day. That being said, I still find them very easy to adjust when the time comes to do so. Hey, they're easier than adjusting an infant carseat! At least you don't have to take the whole stroller apart!

Overall, we are very happy with this stroller. Again, I don't feel the need for something high tech or heavy duty. We use the stroller for basic carting around and day trips. I highly recommend this stroller to anyone in the same boat who wants to save their money for something other than a trendy, high end stroller!
on April 6, 2011
I was looking for a stroller to take with while traveling overseas with two kids. I needed a lightweight stroller with descent shade, easy to maneuver, with a cup and snack tray, large storage basket underneath AND I wanted it to be comfortable enough for my new baby to sleep in, so I was looking for one with reclining option. Two years ago I traveled with my son, and then I took a full size stroller I bought with my travel system. It had all those features but it was very heavy. This stroller offers all of those things but it's very light, easy to carry, and it's all I need for my trip. The only thing that I'd like Kolcraft to work on is the way it folds. It doesn't fold all the way flat, I'll have to get a gate check bag for it, otherwise I'm afraid it might get damaged on the plane (they way they treat luggage these days, my stroller might not survive the flight).

I strongly to recommend this product to those who are looking for same features, yet don't want to spend too much money. I was looking into MacLaren and UppaBaby but I can't afford to spend that much money. And altogether, this stroller is one of few that doesn't have any 1 star reviews. So it can't be that bad ;o)
review image review image
on May 20, 2013
I love this stroller! My son was 5 1/2 months when we purchased this stroller (he is now almost 7 1/2) and we have loved it from day one. It was super easy to take out of the box and put together. We have taken this everywhere with us! Its been tossed in the back of a truck and left in the rain(oops), gone on packed dirt trails with ease, daily walks, and through several gate checks with the airlines and through TSA.
I read a ton of the reviews here on Amazon so I knew from purchase there was some things I would change upon arrival. I have a JJ Cole car seat/stroller cushion that I popped in there(had it from when he was an infant for his old car seat and stroller) just to make it more comfortable for him. On the days it is being washed I see no difference in his comfort level, but it definitely helped keep him in place when he was smaller. I knew to take the cup holder off before putting it in the trunk so it didn't get lost. It is not a permanent attachment, it's optional so yes it can pop off. We have no issue with the handles not being adjustable. I am 5'7, my husband is 6'1 and we both use it with ease.
Pros:
Easy to maneuver even one handed
Lightweight but sturdy
Large storage basket
Canopy covers a large area of child
Handles are cushioned
Easy fold and secure
Fits in both our crossover suv and mazda 3 with room
Comfort cushion strap covers - my son loves to drool and teeth on these
Easy to connect toys to
Fast to adjust straps
My escape artist son has not figured out how to get out of it!! (we've purchased and returned 3 car seats)
5 point harness
Snack tray - not many lightweight strollers have one and I didn't want to spend more $$$ just to add something that should be there
Accepted at airline gate check - big thing for me as I fly A LOT! I use the JL Childress Gate Check bag

Cons (not many!!)
Two hand fold - had Baby Trend with one hand fold before and this is actually easier to fold than one hand but annoying when I have arms full of things.
Hard to get to storage basket in recline position- seems that way for every stroller though
Canopy feels flimsy - haven't broken it yet and we are NOT gentle plus my son is now big enough to attack it
Recline is strap adjust - I've never had anything else so I don't know any different but it can be a little annoying when little man is asleep and I try to adjust.

I love this stroller and I am very glad I have purchased it. I wanted something lightweight, with a snack tray, large storage basket, and with minimal bells and whistles. This fit the bill and is extremely affordable. Plus orange is my favorite color.
on March 4, 2013
UPDATE:
I have downgraded my review from 4 to 3 stars. I have had this stroller for about two months now. While I still use the stroller frequently, there are some issues that I have encountered:

PROS
- Many of the stroller's "selling features" - i.e. the large canopy, the HUGE basket, the price, the maneuverability - still hold true. I am still pleased with these aspects of this stroller that I noted in my earlier review

CONS
- THE SQUEAK! A previous reviewer complained that her wheels began to squeak, mine have begun to do this as well. It is annoying, but not an end-all be-all issue.
- The stroller does not fold completely flat. However in its defense, it stands on its own when folded (for this alone I give it bonus points).
- Adjusting the seat is a pain. When my child is in the stroller, it is difficult to move her up and down without disturbing her. Again keep in mind - this is a cheap stroller - so I knew what I was buying.
- Opening and removing the tray is difficult. The stroller has these tiny buttons that you must press to unlock the tray. It is SO HARD to press the button and open the tray with one hand. There have been times when I have been holding my child and could not get the tray to open in order to put her in the stroller. This is a hassle and especially frustrating when you are in a hurry or have a wiggly toddler.
- The seat belts are quite difficult to adjust width wise on the stroller. Also, the crotch strap is not padded and over time begins to dig into my child's crotch. Not comfortable and she complains.

If I were to purchase this again I'm not so sure if I would. It was definitely worth it on our trip, but the stroller has started to lose some of it's appeal after a few months of "real" use. If you are looking for an everyday stroller for your little one, I would suggest this stroller if you are on a budget, but if you can afford it, purchase something a little nice and more convenient.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
I needed a stroller to take on a family vacation and to use for errands. I didn't want to buy a pricier and nicer stroller due to the fear of it being damaged by airline baggage handlers. I spent weeks scouring the internet for a stroller that fit the following criteria:
- Under $100
- Lightweight (15 lbs and under)
- Large and easily accessible basket
- Large sunshade
- Great maneuverability
- Reclined close to 180 degrees (flat)
- Could be used up to 40 lbs.
- Handle height comfortable for my 6'0" tall husband and my 5'2" self
- Folded easily

It was really difficult to find strollers that met all my needs. After reading reviews on nearly every website that sells strollers, it seemed like this one fit my criteria the closest. So I ordered it and hoped that it would fit the bill. I have owned this stroller less than 1 month, here are my thoughts so far:

PROS
- The Price! For $65 this stroller has features that umbrella strollers just can't match
- Easy to assemble
- Lightweight (not feather weight but I can easily lift it with one hand)
- HUGE basket/storage that is easy to get to (even when child is reclined!)
- Seat reclines nearly flat (about 150 degrees) - comfortable enough for napping
- Very easy to push/drive with one hand
- Sunshade is actually big for a "cheapie" stroller
- Easy to fold (BUT needs two hands - see CONS)
- Fabric can be wiped clean easily
- Compact enough to leave space in the trunk of my Toyota RAV4 for tons of other things
- Looks nicer than other "bargain" strollers that I came across

CONS
- Seat is a bit thin, not enough padding (but my child has not complained and this is easily fixed by buying an insert)
- Seat belt feels cheap but capable of doing the job
- Child's tray is high
- Sunshade is difficult to close (gets stuck)
- Two hand fold (but it can be done while holding my child)
- The seat recline is adjusted by one sliding buckle making it a bit difficult to change the angle of the seat

Keep in mind that this is not a Maclaren or a City Mini - it is not going to have the same construction or craftsmanship. It is a stroller that performs ABOVE the basic level and has great functionality without costing a fortune.

So far, I am pleased with my purchase. It fit my criteria without breaking the bank, handles well for daily use, and did great on our trip (mostly city touring and indoor activities).
on January 24, 2014
I've only used my stroller a handful of times and so far it has met my expectations. I love the colors although I do wish there were some options as I would have preferred darker to hide the stains it will most definitely incur. I picked this stroller over other well rated lightweight models because of the infant tray and large storage basket since I needed those features and they have proven to be very useful. The parent cup holder comes off easily and is limited to what you can put in it but it fits my 16 oz. stainless steel mug. I might invest in a separate attachable parent console. The child tray is angled a bit awkwardly but my son has no problems reaching it. The sunshade does feel flimsy when retracting it but the way the stroller was created, you have to lift the side up a bit before retracting. A lot of comments noted that the seat wouldn't sit straight up but I have been able to attain it by pulling the strap that controls the recline really tight. 5 point harness is great but the crotch strap tends to go to the side and dig into my sons leg. I think I can sew up a solution for that though. The stroller seems a lot bigger here on Amazon than it does in person but I am short so its no problemo for me. Also, when folded it isn't very compact. It does feel a bit fragile too but I don't plan on using it on any kind of off-road terrain. I will update this review as needed. Overall, I love this modern, stylish stroller at a decent price and would recommend it to anyone in search of the perfect LIGHTWEIGHT TRAVEL stroller. However, I would not recommend this as an everyday, do everything kinda stroller.

2.21.14 ETA Update: The foam on the push bar has come off. The wheels have squeaked but only a little and not consistently yet. It is annoying having to pull the seat recliner to sitting up extra hard so he doesn't have to reach as far to get to the child tray. The fold is not as compact as I would have liked for a "light" stroller. I haven't had any issues with the cupholder popping off but I still want to invest in one of those universal consoles. But, overall, the stroller is holding up well and the stains in the seat fabric can be removed simply with a rag and a bit of vinegar. I have found solutions to all of the issues: wd-40 for if the squeaking becomes consistent, a small pillow to keep my child upright in the stroller (which also keeps the crotch seatbelt from digging into the child's leg), and either sewing my own handlebar cover, buying one, or leaving it as it (it isn't an eye sore but my hands hurt from holding such a small bar and I guess it could get slippery when you are sweating and, of course, cold when it is cold out). I would still recommend this stroller.

5.10.14 ETA Update: The stroller is holding up but I will be greasing the wheels with WD-40 since they are getting a little difficult to turn. I really like this stroller and would still recommend it.
on October 3, 2012
Was looking for a light weight single stroller that we could travel with. I have a Maclaren umbrella stroller, but it was lacking. I compared and shopped the following brands: Maclaren, Uppababy, Chico, Graco, the First Years, and this Contours stroller.

I chose this stroller for the following features:
- Fully reclining or nearly full recline seat
- Usable large basket
- Reasonable sunshade
- Easy to push
- Lightweight
- Compact Fold
- Parent cup holder
- Child tray

I bought this without seeing the stroller in person. I did try all the other brands in the store and wasn't impressed with any of them. So I took a chance on this based on the reviews and I am SOOOO HAPPY with my purchase. We just took this stroller with us for 8 days in Hawaii with my 18 month old. We used this stroller every day around the hotel grounds and getting in and out of the car each day. Also took the stroller thru the airport and gate checked it.

The things I want to rave about are:
1. Seriously great under stroller basket. It was huge and very easy to actually put cargo in and to remove the cargo. We have a city mini double stroller at home, a First Years Urban Wave, and a Maclaren umbrella stroller and always found the baskets too small, too difficult to use, and just plan useless. The Contours stroller basket can be assessed from behind the stroller or from the front. Amazing. Finally a useable, sizable basket.
2. So easy to push. It's super light and a very smooth ride. I was worried when it first came, because the wheels are not the nice rubber or air filled tires. They appear to be just plastic. But that caused no issue. I could push this one hand. My sister in law was with us and had a Maclaren and two kids. She had a very difficult time holding one child while trying to push the other in her stroller. The design of the Maclaren handles required two hands to push easily. My 4 yr old nephew sat in our stroller and with the extra weight it was definitely more difficult to push, but with my 23 lbs son, it was very easy to maneuver.
3. Child Tray - None of my other strollers came with a child tray. Never knew how much I'd love it. Being able to walk around and put some snacks and a straw cup of water within reach of my son was awesome. He loved it and it created a whole lot less mess.
4. Nearly full recline - Was so happy that the comfortable seat also reclined almost flat. My niece napped in our stroller as the Maclaren only reclined to about 45 degrees. You need two hands to put the seat back up, but you could do a one handed recline.
5. VERY LIGHT and easy to fold- It was so easy for me to put this stroller in and pull it out of an SUV.

If I have anything to complain about:
1. The crotch strap is just a strap with no padding, so might be uncomfortable, if your child doesn't have a diaper on.
2. The side adjusters on the 5 point harness are difficult to adjust. Maybe a good thing, but was almost so difficult it made it parent proof, not just child proof.
3. The parent cup is not attached very tightly, so we actually lost ours when we gate checked it. I should have just pulled it off and taken it on board with me. It's attached fine for use, but not for transport.
4. Doesn't fold as compactly as some other light strollers (compared to the Chicco or First Years lighter stroller is about the same size, but much lighter. Not as compact as the folded Maclaren, but it was lighter. And the Maclaren folds into a narrower, but longer shape, so maybe it's as compact, but just shaped different). But it never created a huge issue for us so far.

All in all, I was so happy with my purchase, especially since it was so reasonably priced. My husband also agreed that this was a great purchase. I was worried that it might be too short for my husband to comfortably push, but he never complained. He's also just 5'9" - 5'10", so not excessively tall. We're both average height and had no complaints.
on July 20, 2012
I really wanted to love this stroller. It's light, and it has style. BUT, after only about 4 months of light use, I can no longer push this stroller in the direction I want to go... The front wheels lock up and lean in, and there is just no steering the thing. I have actually had to tip it back and push baby around pop-a-wheely-style several times. I have finally given up, and am wearing my baby in my beloved Ergo baby carrier when out and about, but I do miss having something along to put a bag in, or set baby in for a while to give my back and neck a break...
The wheel problem has been so bad that I've been tempted to catch some video of what it's doing, and how frustrating it is to not be able to steer and push this thing...

I will definitely be looking for a different lightweight stroller to use after our next baby is born!
on November 9, 2011
My husband and I had such high hopes for this stroller and after reading all the positive feedback we were sure we had a winner, but wow were we disappointed. The main reason we opted for this particular one was because it offered a full reclining feature, which for our Disney trip was a must, so our just turned one year old daughter could rest while we were out and about. We also wanted something lightweight and compact so we could travel with ease and not have to deal with extra hassles at the airport. The stroller is indeed lightweight but it fails to deliver on the compact. I was aware of how it collapsed before buying and felt it wouldn't be an issue but let me tell you when you're lugging that thing around the airport and on and off courtesy busses, IT MATTERS. It just kinda folds in half and then when we attached the latch to keep it together, half the time it would just fall open! Then the stupid cup holder would just randomly fall off. Also, the stopper that keeps the stroller from rolling away was frustrating and clumsy to engage. Ugh so annoying. The snack tray was nice to have but it was so high my poor daughter couldn't reach her cheerios! Then when we leaned her back to rest, the recline wasn't fully flat, so she was kind of at an angle which pressed her little bottom onto the secure strap. This cut into her diaper and basically put all the weight of her body onto that 1.5 inch piece of fabric. My kid is in the 2 percentile for weight so it's not like she's too big or heavy to use the stroller properly. It's just a flaw in the design IMO. I tried to be more optimistic than husband, who hated it within the first 30 minutes of trying to fiddle around with it (he is an engineer so smart design matters to him) but in the end I had to agree with him on this one. We are shipping it back!

On a positive note, the stroller was very light, it had a nice sized basket, and is very reasonably priced. I'm sure for the right person this product could be a fairly good match but for someone who does a lot of traveling i don't recommend it.

Next time we go back to Disney we will be bringing the Chicco Liteway with us. We checked one out at the store and we are sold. It collapses like a true umbrella stroller and also reclines fully and has a better wheel stop. No snack tray and the basket is smaller but who cares? I would gladly sacrifice those things in lieu of ease of use!