From the Back Cover
From rockets to robots, control systems play a major role in today’s technology. You’ll find them in applications in nearly every field—electrical, mechanical, aerospace, biomedical, and chemical engineering. Control systems engineering is a real-world discipline, and you need a text that prepares you to design for that real world.
Control Systems Engineering, now in its Fifth Edition, takes a practical approach to control systems engineering. Presenting clear and complete explanations, the text shows you how to analyze and design feedback control systems that support today’s modern technology.
By working with the same physical system in each chapter, the book’s progressive case studies give you a realistic view of each stage of the control design process while a combination of qualitative and quantitative explanations provide insight into the design of parameters and system configurations. Best of all, you’ll get extensive practice in using MATLAB, Simulink, and the SISO Design Tool—industry standards that you will use in your future career.
You’ll find this Fifth Edition especially valuable for these features:
- Case studies that use the same system progressively, chapter after chapter, to show the analysis and design process with clarity are presented.
- Helpful skill-assessment exercises, numerous in-chapter examples, review questions, and problems.
- Tutorials on the latest versions of MATLAB, the Control System Toolbox, Simulink®, the Symbolic Math Toolbox, and MATLAB’s graphical user interface (GUI) tools.
- “What if” experiments that expand your knowledge and skills.
- Companion Web site with computer programs for use with MATLAB, additional appendices, and complete solutions to skill-assessment exercises.
- Illustrations from the book available at http://www.wiley.com/college/nise