- Size (LWH): 4.88 inches, 0.62 inches, 2.38 inches
S4 Voice Controlled Sun Visor Handsfree Speakerphone -- Text-to-Speech and Speech-to Text
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Use your voice to control headset
- Up to 4 hours talk time and 100 hours standby
- Supports true multipoint - connect two phones at the same time and answer the one that rings
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
BlueAnt S4 Bluetooth Stereo Speaker withMultipoint, A2DP, and Text-to-Speech.
From the Manufacturer
Make & Receive Calls 100% Handsfree
With the BlueAnt S4, there is no longer any need to touch your phone or car speakerphone while driving.
For the first time, drivers can make and receive calls on the road using only their voice.
Use Your Voice to Make and Receive Calls
To activate the S4, all you have to do is say the hands-free trigger phrase "BlueAnt Speak to Me" and the S4 will be ready for your voice commands.
To make a call, just say "Phone Commands" and the S4 will activate your phone's voice dialing feature. *
When the phone rings you won't need to take your eyes off the road to know who is calling because the S4 will read out the caller's name or number and ask you if you want to take the call. All you have to do is say "Answer" or "Ignore".
* if supported by your phone
Hear Your Messages on the Go
The S4 integrates with Vlingo SafeReader so that you can hear incoming text messages read aloud. Once the Vlingo SafeReader application is installed on your BlackBerry® or Android™ 2.x smartphone, your incoming messages will be read out automatically as they come in.
The S4 features integrated A2DP streaming audio functionality, so you can listen to music or podcasts and hear turn-by-turn direction information from a GPS application on your phone.
Free Android Application
Users with Android devices can further enhance their BlueAnt S4 by installing the BlueAnt S4 Android application.
The application provides text message readout directly into the headset and includes help and support for your S4.
The S4 Talks You Through It
The S4 also features embedded audio help that talks you through the setup and pairing process, and if you can't remember the voice commands you can ask the S4 "What Can I Say?" and it will tell you the available options.
No Need To Touch Your Phone Or Car Speakerphone While Driving...
- True handsfree voice controlled car speakerphone
- Make and answer calls using just your voice
- Text to Speech technology reads out the name of the incoming caller
- Stores up to 2,000 phonebook entries per paired device
- Embedded audio help talks you through setup and operation
- Multipoint: connect to 2 phones and answer the one that rings
- A2DP streaming for playback of music, podcasts and directions from a GPS application on your phone
- Full duplex, high volume speaker for rich booming audio
- Outstanding wind, road, and background noise reduction for clear calls no matter how noisy it is
- Sleek design with touch sensitive volume controls
- Zero installation costs (fixes to the car sun visor)
- Hardware on/off switch
- Up to 20 hours talk time; 700 hours standby
- 1 year replacement warranty (excludes clip and charger)
Top Customer Reviews
It is clear, extremely well thought out and useful every time I use it. Voice quality is excellent. The design is beautiful.
The controls are well thought out and intuitive and it is unobtrusive. It pairs with the iPhone 4 perfectly. Address book download is perfect. Voice response is virtually perfect every time.
I thought I would never use the BING-411 thing. I use it all the time, especially to find cheap gas stations and movie times.
There are a few things I'd change about it:
1. I'd make it auto-reconnect with my phone when I walk away and come back. Right now I either turn it off and then back on or speak the command to ask it to reconnect. Strictly a convenience factor with me. (Note: sometimes, it has auto-reconnected. That surprised me and gave me hope.)
2. The charging cable is stunningly short. At least make the cable long enough so that it can be charged while still clipped to the visor. If this is a safety issue, make it longer so the cable can be really routed away from the steering wheel. I thought this would be a bigger problem, but the battery lasts so long and it recharges quickly, it hasn't been much of a problem.
3. It uses strong magnets to hold it to the clip on the sun visor. They are strong enough that I avoid getting other electronics near them. They work flawlessly - this thing isn't falling off accidentally in any situation. I just worry about getting other electronics (iPhone, laptop, hard drive) near it.
4. I hope they find a way to make it read and respond to text messages using the iPhone like it can on Android and Blackberry phones.
I love this device and would strongly recommend it. The people who designed it know how to make a useful device. Kudos.
+Loud & Clear
+Easy to answer and hang up
+Connects to two phones at the same time
-No AC adapter in package
-I don't like the swiping action to adjust volume
-MICRO-USB (not mini) cable that comes with the unit is only about 4 inches long so depending on where your cigarette lighter outlet is in the car the unit may have to hang to charge.
Amazon has been fantastic as far as setting up a return of the product, and I have since reordered another unit to see if maybe the first one was just a defect. Hopefully the next one will work as advertised. I'll keep you posted.
8/1/12 - Received new unit on 7/17/12 so far I have had NO issues with the new BlueAnt device. The firmware version on this unit is 1.6 which lends creedence to the reports of version 1.6 fixing the problems I was having with the first unit running 1.5 . The new unit was shipped by Emuna Gifts. They were very prompt with shipping and they appear to have newer inventory than the company that shipped the first BlueAnt.