Oil month Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on October 31, 2015
Based on others reviews I decided to try this supplement. I got the cotton candy flavor since others were saying the other flavors weren't so hot tasting. I haven't tried any other powder amino acid supplements before this one but I so I cannot really compare flavors or energy levels from this, however I can say that I was pleasantly surprised as to how this tasted and how it works. This smells just like cotton candy. Taste is a mix of cotton candy and almost a fruit punch. Very yummy. Slight aftertaste for about a second after swallowing and then it goes away. Haven't had any complaints from the hubby about bad breath like people are saying about the other flavors but maybe he's just trying to be nice.

I noticed a significant increase in energy and endurance while taking this. I run over 3 miles at least a couple times a week and wanted something for endurance as I run fasted in the morning and tend to fizzle out a little over halfway through it. I've been adding it to my water container that I carry with me running. I end up finishing it about halfway through my run and it helps me stay with it and keeps me from feeling like I'm going to keel over. I end up with extra energy to push myself further. And I haven't had any stomach or intestinal issues taking it on an empty stomach either.

I've been running for several years on and off and have only used gu packets for energy before I start. They tend to not do anything for me except make me want to gag on the texture of them. Sugary gel is gross on an empty stomach. I will be setting them aside and using this supplement instead from now on.
on November 9, 2017
I'm a 40+ year old guy and I used to avoid BCAA and EAA supplements, as I could get these from a proper diet. But, unfortunately, my diet is not as good as I'd like. I thought I'd try this product. Though correlation is not causation, I feel like I'm getting through workouts better and recover better. I hit the gym about 3-4 times a week, and do HIIT training 1-2 times a week. The product does have a slight chemical taste, but it's easy to ignore. I also find that my hunger cravings are somewhat mitigated, but again I'm not sure if it's because of this product or not.

All in all, if you think your nutrition isn't lined up as well as you'd like, this is a product I'd recommend.
on February 4, 2014
This product works really well. It's pretty much a one stop shop for all of your workout supplements! I don't take a ton of supplements, but this has allowed me to drop a few pills from the regime and has definitely made my life a bit easier. Something that initially concerned me (and we'll see how this all pans out in the end..) was the warning label. The product clearly says "may cause cancer. Do not use if you.." and then goes down a list of basically any human abnormality. It's a bit worrisome, but apparently it is something that Controlled Labs puts on all of their products in case it eventually becomes necessary. This last part concerns me a lot, considering that a warning loses quite a bit of its value when its on everything regardless of whether or not it's true. With that said, this product works really well and helps a lot with the endurance. I like to drink it before workouts, but there are those that do it during. The flavor is not the worst that I have ever tried, but it's not the best by a long shot.. Although, my girlfriend loves it, for some odd reason. :P

I purchased this from the Vitamin Shoppe. I am going to go out of my way to avoid doing so in the future. I ordered the product on January 16th and they shipped it on February 2nd - then told me that it would take a week for shipment. So, my purchase that should have taken 2 weeks at the most is now taking over a month. The company also did not reply to my email until AFTER they had sent it and that it was on backorder (would have been nice to know sooner!). I won't be purchasing anything from them again.
on May 15, 2017
I love this stuff. No caffeine so perfect for after-work workout routines. Tastes good but you know you're getting some juice when you drink. I drink from the second I'm dressed in the locker room throughout the workout to keep going and it definitely helps with recovery during the workout.
on August 19, 2014
I was a bit skeptical to try this out as I've never heard of Controlled Labs, but a buddy at the gym suggested it and for the price I figured I didn't have much to lose if it was a waste. Was I surprised to find out compared to most other BCAAs on the market, this had more servings for a cheaper price! The grape flavor isn't over powering and mixes VERY well with White Flood by Controlled Labs for your pre-workout. All in all I have had Purple Wraath in my rotation ever since, this is coming from an NPC Men's Physique competitor so I would HIGHLY suggest using this product as I've tried many and Purple Wraath never lets me down when I need a good intra workout product!
on June 29, 2017
Seriously. Make sure you mix it like crazy or add enough water because it doesn't dissolve very well. Other than that, it has a great taste and the beta alanine in it will get you going!
on April 11, 2016
This stuff gives me plenty of energy, a great pump during workout and helps with recovery. You can feel it! I'm 54 and have been an athlete most my life. I am very active at my air conditioning business-attics, roofs etc. I let things slide a bit the last couple years-extra weight...now am into a lifting campaign to get ready for summer. This stuff works! I have energy all day after workouts & taking Wraath!
on March 30, 2017
This is not a pre-workout. This is amino acid compound and to ingested as a supplement but not protein replacement. For the addicts/junkies that want to feel like a Mac truck hit them, this isn't for you either. This is a great tool for muscle maintenance and endurance maintance, with great result over prolonged use.
on December 14, 2017
Doesn't taste very good, but the best product in it's class on the market.
on February 12, 2018
Tastes good and love the product . Price is a bit too high