Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 717 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 769 reviews
on October 27, 2016
I lost one of my PS3 controller cables, and kept holding off on getting another one. And then I lost the other cable. Ooops.

This charger works perfectly for both my PS3 branded controller, and my non-branded controller, so I’m not sure why some people were experiencing issues with it not working for theirs. I’m guessing that’s a quality control issue from individual sellers.

At any rate, this is a great buy and at under $5 including S&H, it’s not a bad price. The 6’ cable to also nice, since it can reach my bed if I need it to. But typically, I’ll just charge one and use the other until it’s dead, then switch them out.

I’ve been using it for 3 months now, and haven’t experienced any issues.
on July 1, 2016
Overall a great charger cable. The end that goes into the ps3 is a little thick so it takes a second to connect it to the controller. it charges the controller fine, I am using it now and I have not seen any issues. It connects right away once plugged into the controller.I have the 6 ft cable which is providing me with lots of room and length to play with so I don't have to be all close on the tv when I want to play the game while charging my controller. I recommend this to anyone, it is cheaply priced, but it succeeds in being a great charging cable.I love it and plan to buy more of these.
on April 26, 2013
I'm a little late with this review as it's been about a year since I've purchased this product. The charger worked as it should for the first 2 weeks or so and I had purchased a new ps3 controller around the same time also. When I had purchased my new PS3 controller I realized something was very odd. The controller would turn off and on intermittently. After the controller died since it wouldn't charge anymore, I pondered whether or not the issue was the BRAND NEW controller I had purchased or perhaps the brand new cord. I tried a few methods to see which appliance was at fault but alas I couldn't find an answer. A year later, about a month ago I purchased another new controller. When I attempted to charge the controller, there was no charge at first but then a light came on. I soon realized that the charger was at fault. In order to make the charger work I must place align it in a certain position. I can't believe how soon after I purchased this charger that it broke.
on March 1, 2013
My boyfriend and I bought this cable so we could charge two at once. I am the sort of amazon shopper who likes to read most of the reviews before purchasing. Unfortunately I didn't go with my gut feeling here and ended up being ripped off. The day we got the cable it worked great! It charged our controller just fine. Then the next time we needed it we discovered it would only charge one of the controllers we have. Now after two uses, barely a month of actually owning it, the cable doesn't work at all. Upon closer inspection we have discovered that one of the metal pieces within the part of the cable that plugs into the controller is pushed all the way to the back of that piece (if that makes sense) Its bent and there's no way to fix it. I should note that we aren't the sort of people who treat our expensive entertainment systems, and accessories, like crap. I'm mad that this cable didn't work like the way other reviewers stated it would. I'm also bummed that we spent much more then what the price is now and have ended up with something that doesn't work. Please, if you are considering buying this cable, seriously reconsider. Its terrible craftsmanship.
on December 19, 2013
Ever since I was given a "hand-me-down" PS3, I bought myself those duo stand chargers that worked perfectly. So why did I buy this if I already have a charger? Well, I just moved and everything is still packed away in boxes but when I found my PS3 my controllers had hardly any power in them and I had no charging cable. My guess is that they got lost from the person who gave me the PS3 years back so I decided 'why not?' and bought this cable since I am mostly a solo player.

The 6 ft length on the cord is mighty helpful and it charges the controller without an issue. And the price? Seemed decent to me! i will most likely buy another one very soon since i decided to hook it up to my PC rather than a computer so why have a charging dock? This is a must-have for anyone who's lost their own cable or just wants to deal without the hassle of having a controller being on low battery while in the middle of gameplay.
on May 10, 2013
I ordered this charger thinking that my used ps3 that I ordered would not come with a charging cable. Although my ps3 did have a cable it was very very short and I certainly could not play while charging if I used the charger that came with it. This 6ft charger definitely fixes this problem. I can sit very far away and charge my controller. Sometimes however I can't tell if its charging or not. I didn't know until now that you could check your battery life by holding down the Ps button on the controller so I was never really sure if it was charging or not. How ever I'm fairly certain it was because at one point the LEDs on the controller were flashing when I plugged it in, but most of the time the LED is not flashing. This either means it is charging or it isn't. My controller has not died since I got it 3 days ago, so this supports my hypothesis. My order came in fast and in great condition. I highly recommend this product and buying from this seller. Great buy for a great price.
on January 28, 2014
i have had this charging cable for about two weeks now,i have had no problem with charging my ps3 controllers,i also use this cable to charge my playstation pulse elite headset,it works just the same as the offical playstation charger that comes with the ps3,and i see a few comments where people claim this does not charge their ps3 controllers..they must have bad controllers,because my cable charges them just fine
on May 18, 2016
It doesn't fit my PS3 controller very well and will disconnect if I'm not careful to keep myself from pulling it the wrong way.

Compared to any other mini USB cable I own, this one's mini connector is 2 mm longer and just feels a bit wobblier. When plugged into my PS3 controller, the connector sticks out and has metal showing and feels wobbly.

If it didn't disconnect itself, I could tolerate the wobbly feel and extra connector length.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 24, 2012
I'm not sure what the top reviewer is talking about concerning the price. I got two of these for $6 recently. I know Amazon's prices fluctuate, but $3 is pretty darned reasonable I think. Anyway. This cord works like a charm and is twice as long as the stock cord that comes with the PS3. I don't know what more to say honestly. What more could you need out of a cord? It charges the controllers, it's durable, it's a reasonable length, it's very affordable, and it's a nice matching black color.
on August 9, 2016
I got this charger for my PS3. It worked and charged well in the beginning but now it doesn't even power the controller on. Wasted a few bucks
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse