Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Oster Convection Countertop Toaster Oven Large Capacity TSSTTVCG01
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports

on March 22, 2012
Given the other review I was hoping I wouldn't be disappointed and I haven't been. All in all, we bought this unit to see if we would get any use out of a toaster oven so we didn't want to spend a lot of money. I also bought this unit at Costco but have not had the issue about the letters coming off. The heat coming off the unit is easily dissipated and it seems to cool off quickly, so any of those concerns have been eased. The only problem I've had is finding cookware that will slide in easily. A 9x13 pan won't fit if it has any handles at all. The black pan that comes with it has a raised area in the middle so if you try to put small things like ramekins on it, they will tilt a bit. I find that irritating but I can work around it. I've been pleased overall with the performance of the unit and it's been used several times a week since I bought it almost a month ago. I like the convection option when I'm trying to brown things.
on January 23, 2012
I bought mine at costco and am taking it back. The lettering is coming off the dials. The product works well but this is a design error that should be corrected right away. Its like having a oven and guessing where to set it and for how long.
on April 20, 2012
I bought mine at Costco when my more expensive Oster oven was looking the worse for wear. I decided to go manual instead of digital. I've had it about 4 months and it was fine until last week. I thought I had screwed up my cookie dough, but the thermostat had gone crazy. I put a corn dog in and within about 4 minutes the stick was black and the food burning. I'm lucky I wasn't upstairs or outside or I might have burned my house down. This is the second Oster product in the last 4 months that was worthless. Their can openers won't open cans either. Never again will I purchase an Oster product.
on July 7, 2012
This toaster oven was GREAT for a year. We especially like the Turbo feature, which we used to bake potatoes in record time.

Naturally, with a one year warranty, the toaster feature (90% of what we use the oven for) broke at 1 year and 1 month. It is now less than useless to us, as it is huge and takes up a LOT of counter space.

Call me old-fashioned, but I don't believe that appliances should be disposable. I don't think I'll ever buy another Oster product!
on November 24, 2012
While this unit is quite powerful, it is just simply garbage otherwise.

I too purchased it at Costco out of state where there was no tax. This is the second (2/2) Costco item I bought out of state that proved to be a lemon.

Within a few months, the handle started to become loose. The controls are odd. You can turn the timer both ways to start and stop. This would typically strip the mechanism if you did this. If not mistaken, it is like the older dial type washing and dishwasher controls. You can/should turn them clockwise only.

Within 6 months, the ink on the dials started wearing out. I just washed my hands one day and they were a little wet. I went to turn the dial setting and the ink wiped off. That's obscene.

The "cookie" tray is rather shallow and essentially useless unless you broil. I see no mention of low and high broil settings.

This is junk. I just hope I don't have to drive 4+ hours out of state to the same Costco where I bought it to get a refund.
on July 19, 2014
Bought mine at Costco March 31, 2012 for 48.99 in NH where I live. 2 years later the 60 minute timer stopped working. Tried to order parts from ereplacementparts.com only to discover the parts aren't available anymore. E-mailed Oster and they said the part was no longer available as well !! Went to Kohls and bought a KitchenAid Toaster Oven.....No more Oster products for me !!
on August 8, 2013
I purchased this unit over a year ago at Costco. It has served me very well. I have roasted chickens in it, baked cakes, small pizzas, made brownies, toasted bread etc. etc. I have not had any difficulties with controls, as mentioned in other reviews. I love the convection mode. it does get hot and needs some space around it. It does cool off quickly. I have the same comment about the smallish baking pan that comes with the unit and had the same frustration about the 9X12 pans with handles. However, II found a great one without handles at the local Goodwill store. All in all, I'm very pleased with this product.
on November 13, 2014
The timer has a warning that you must "turn it up to twenty, then back down" in order for the timer to work for shorter times.

This doesn't actually work; you often need to turn it up to 25 or 30. But worse, if you fail to do this, the oven will *continue to cook indefinitely*. We threw ours out after the fourth fire alarm. Do not order. Fire hazard.
on April 19, 2013
I purchased this toaster oven from Costco, within 4 months the settings had rubbed off. Prior to that I purchased another Oster toaster oven in white, the white discolored within a couple of months. I will never buy another Oster product. They look good but they are poorly made. When I called Oster, the person I spoke with was rude to me when I told him that the product should be able to withstand heat and it was poorly made. They refuse to replace the oven.
on October 13, 2012
I just purchased this oven at COSTCO about 2 weeks ago, and I am still trying to find out WHY...after using the baking pan just twice, the enamel coating has become very tacky to the touch in several different spots on the pan?? The pan has been thoroughly washed and I can also feel the tacky areas while washing. I do not use the pan anymore because of an obvious concern towards health! The pan was always removed from the oven when not needed during use. Has anyone heard or had this same problem?
This oven seems to cook pretty good.
1818 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse