Customer Reviews: Convenience Concepts Designs2Go 3-Tier Wide TV Stand, Black
Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Halloween Candy Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon bajillions bajillions bajillions  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Frank Sinatra Shop Cycling on Amazon Save on select ClickTight convertible car seats

Color: Black|Change

on April 27, 2014
Didn't want anything fancy or huge. Just something to keep the TV off the ground. This works great! Nice and sturdy and was super easy to put together. Everything just screws into the poles and you're done. I have a 55 inch Vizio LED on top of it (added a photo the gallery) and everything looks nice!
review image
11 comment| 267 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 27, 2013
This TV stand was very easy to set-up, no tools required. Total set-up time took under 5 minutes. It is a very sturdy stand. I have my 46-inch flat screen on it, and have zero concerns about its ability to hold the weight of such a large tv. The only reason I gave it four stars is because it takes some effort to conceal cords. I know for some people, that's not a big issue, but I am one of those people that need to keep things neat & organized. I provided some pictures to show what the stand looks like with a 46-inch television. All in all, a GREAT product for the price and I would highly recommend this product.
review image review image
0Comment| 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2010
We just received this product today, and I was able to set it up easily by myself. It looks very nice and isn't very heavy or too big to move around after putting it together. The shelves are a wood painted a shiny black. The poles are made of metal. There is a sort of cable tie that you have to attach yourself at the base of the lower pole and screw into the wall with a provided hook. We're not going to use it. I don't usually give out 5 stars but so far I can't find anything really wrong with this product. If anything changes, I'll make note of that later, but so far it looks very sturdy.

EDIT: One year later and it still works well!
0Comment| 194 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 27, 2008
This is the easiest stand to put together I have ever bought, seriously, you will be done 5 minutes after you open the box. No screws, just screw the poles into each other and you are done. Very sturdy, solid pieces, looks very sleek and expensive, looks better than most chain stores smaller stands that cost around $150 -$200. Easily holds my 46" Samsung and cable boxes, very stable. cant beat this deal.
on October 25, 2009
I got this because it was very inexpensive and very simple and very easy to put together -- and it was all these things.

Since the product information wasn't listed here -- I found this info on the Target site. Maybe this will help someone else.

Features*Stylish metal and wood composite TV and entertainment stand
*Durable laminate finish
*3 shelves for TV, components and media
*No tools required for assembly
*Maximum Weight Capacity: 85.0 Lb.
*Frame Material: Metal
*Surface Material: Veneer
*Furniture Hardware Material: Chrome
*Features: Bookshelf Space, Cable/Cord Management
*Number of Shelves: 3
*Number of Drawers: 0
*Care and Cleaning: Wipe Clean With a Dry Cloth
*Maximum TV Dimensions: 42
*Dimensions: Length: 42.0 "; Height: 21.62 "; Width: 15.75 "
*Product Weight: 33.0 Lb.

Additional InformationDPCI: 249-05-0035
ASIN: B000J657DK
Catalog #: 10417171
Assembly required; no tools needed.
Item can not be gift wrapped.
Made in the USA or Imported
11 comment| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 2, 2010
This review is for Convenience Concepts three-tier TV Stand bought from Amazon.
Item Number: 131031 or R5-100
UPC 095285402113

The shelves are made of black-colored particleboard. According to the shipping box, the unit complies with CARB Phase 1 formaldehyde emissions standards in CCR 93120.0 (a). I did not notice any odor emanating from the shelves.

Some specifications:

Shipping weight: 33 pounds (according to shipping box)
The weight limit is 85 pounds (according to a label on one of the large shelves)
Top and Bottom Shelves: 42" wide and approximately 16" deep
Center Shelf: 30" wide and approximately 16" deep
Distance between bottom and center shelf: 11"
Distance between center and top shelf: 7 3/4"
Total Height: 22"

Unpacking to final assembly took about 15 minutes. The instruction booklet was in English and included diagrams. Unpacking the stand probably took longer than the actual assembly of the unit. This was the easiest assembly of ready-to-assemble furniture I have ever constructed.

The stand is stable and looks nice for ready-to-assemble furniture.

The biggest negative of the stand's design is the placement of the metal posts. I prefer to place electronics side by side rather than to stack them to better allow heat to dissipate.

Although the bottom shelf is 42 inches wide, there is not not enough useable space to place components, like an audio/video receiver and an DVR, side by side because the distance between the front post and the rear post is only 11 inches. My DVR and receiver are both wider than 11". The distance between left front post and the right front post is 26 inches and there was enough clearance to allow me to stack my DVR and receiver. This is not the best way to place the electronic equipment.

One of the metal posts had adhesive on it that I could not completely remove.

The posts have metal that wraps around the post. There is a seam where the two ends of the metal meet. After screwing the posts into the boards, some of the posts' seams were facing forward and visible from the front of the unit. From several feet back the seams are not very noticeable (actually need to be looking for them to see them) but I would think the unit would have been designed to have the seams face toward the back of the unit.

Wires from the electronics are clearly visible.

Made in Communist China.
review image
99 comments| 156 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 3, 2015
I really like this tv stand! It's a good price and I find it to be really sturdy. I was even able to put the small piece on top, rather than the big small big stack. I find it took look alittle better. Overall, great product!
on July 21, 2012
bought myself a 32 inch lcd and need a new tv stand and found it (less than 2weeks ago) at target online this exact same stand for $39 plus another $9 for tax & shipping. quite a deal and it is a breeze to set up no screws or wrenches. tv looks great ..picture above
on January 20, 2010
Pretty straightforward and easy to assemble.
It's steady for my 40" Sony LCD TV(it'll fit 42" max) and I couldn't find any cheaper/simple LCD TV stand than this one.Only draw back is there is no central cable tie.
on May 29, 2014
I bought a very similar tv stand through walmart back in 2011 (bottom was actually shelves), thought this one looked much taller so I bought it, should have checked on the height but oh well, just used the box it came in and now it's at the height where I can view my tv comfortably on my bed. Build is very much the same as the last, still great, like the color. Was a bit unsure to buy since some reviews were saying parts were missing, but those were somewhat old & everything in the instructions came.