- File Size: 241 KB
- Print Length: 91 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Patrick Hester (November 27, 2012)
- Publication Date: November 27, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00AEV29Q8
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,138,771 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Conversations with my Cat Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Conversations with my Cat is mostly that--short conversations between a cat "owner" and his primary feline, Shadow. Clearly Shadow is ascendant because Shadow feels no remorse and never thinks of offering mercy, while the "owner" usually complies with the cat's agenda.
I love the voice in this book--and the two characters are distinctly different--and the comic skill the author exercises. Each vignette goes just far enough to get the point--and the punch line--across, then stops. There's no excess of explanation, no milking the joke one laugh further than it really wants to go.
This isn't a novel, so you don't have to read it in one sitting. Okay, I did read it in one sitting, because it's funny and warm, and who wants to walk away from that?
It doesn't matter if you love cats, or hate them, you will get great enjoyment from this quick read.
For the cat lover, you will probably have great empathy -- or at the minimum, sympathy -- for Patrick as he attempts to overcome the trials involved when you are owned by a cat; such as cat puke on your belongings, and the middle of the night nose biting.
For those who, like me, do not love cats, you may end up cheering for Shadow the Cat, as he asserts his dominance, simply because the humans know full well what they are signing up for when they get a cat to be their overlord.
Cheek aside, if you've spent any amount of time with cats, you'll appreciate Conversations with my Cat.
Patrick owns two cats. Or...is it the other way around? Most cat owners would assert that the cat owns you and there is certainly plenty of evidence to that effect in here. Plus humor. G-rated, PG-rated, but humor. If you are looking for a chuckle (or five, hence my Amazon rating), I recommend picking this up.
Now, I'm back to my magnum opus, Conversations With My Dog...
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Humor & Entertainment > Humor > Cats, Dogs & Animals
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Humor & Satire > Humorous
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Humor & Entertainment
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Humor & Entertainment > Humor
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Humor & Satire > General Humor