|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
|Fits as expected||
- 100% Canvas
- Rubber sole
- Shaft measures approximately Low-Top" from arch
- Platform measures approximately 0.25
- Runs a Half Size Large
- Made in China
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
The Chuck Taylor All Star is the most iconic sneaker in the world, recognized for its unmistakable silhouette, star-centered ankle patch and cultural authenticity. And like the best paradigms, it only gets better with time. For generations, these classic colors and quality, vulcanized rubber sole have defined an icon. Created for the court but adopted by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, dreamers, thinkers and originals, the Chuck Taylor All Star sneaker continues to celebrate personal style and individual self-expression.
- Product Dimensions: 5 x 5 x 0.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 12 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B078HCG2FG
- Item model number: CONV-M9166C
- Date first listed on Amazon: April 22, 2009
- Average Customer Review:
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Things I like:
1) The Lunarlon insoles make these sooooo much more comfortable than the old Chucks, especially for walking around.
2) Though some folks aren't a huge fan of the styling (missing the racing stripe and all), it has grown on me. I like the burgundy shoes with burgundy laces, black shoes with black laces.
3) They fit like regular shoes should fit. Order your regular size, or a half size larger than what you wear with original Chucks.
Things I don't like:
1) Longevity leaves some to be desired. The middle part of the sole on two pairs has come apart from the edge on two different pairs. The rubber seems to wear faster than the older Chucks.
2) Some problems initially wearing them with the Lunarlon insole. The fabric that is glued on to the insole sometimes comes loose and starts peeling off. This is quite uncomfortable to have rubbing around on your heel.
I ripped these out of the package immediately, pulled out the black laces, and put in the white ones, because I am going for the original look, and I like the white laces instead. Personal preference *shrug*
The first thing I noticed was the elastic tongue stays on the inside of the shoe, I don't personally find these necessary but I do think it's a great addition for those who don't like the tongue sliding from side to side. It's pretty neat to think about decades of complaints about the tongue sliding all over the place.
Secondly, these don't weigh a TON like the classics, I don't feel like I am dragging bricks everywhere when I am picking up my feet.
Thirdly, I did not need to put in insoles in these at all. That means less weight put into the shoe itself to make it comfortable. I like that.
My only physical shoe complaint is that they are now just a smidge smaller than the classics in width and overall fit. If a company is gonna do such rad things to the chuck, then at least offer this in a wide for those who want some wiggle room (or like to wear thick socks in the fall and winter) it just makes sense to not leave out an entire market of people with wide feet from getting to buy these kicks. I'm stuck in between standard and wide widths, so this is always a gamble I make when buying shoes. it's just a touch uncomfy, but it's livable for me at least.
My only actual cosmetic complaint is I miss the silver lace eyelets, the sidewall stripes, and of course, the white stitching that for me is synonymous with the Chuck Taylor shoe. but oh well, I can sacrifice what I find pretty and appealing about a shoe because these are so comfortable!