Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

• Customer Reviews

on June 4, 2016
I am a big fan of Converse All Stars. I already knew what to expect since I owned 11 pairs before ordering these. Nice thing is one pair of All Stars is going to fit like all others. Once you know your size you can order with confidence. This was the last color I needed to complete the rainbow of Chucks.
516 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on December 2, 2017
I know there is a great deal of confusion about sizing so I'm going to try to help with that. In expensive dress shoes and tennis shoes, I almost always wear a size 9 1/2.....never a 9 but sometimes a 10. I ordered a size 9 in these shoes and they looked like 'clown shoes' on my feet. I returned them and ordered a size 8 and they are just about perfect although ever so slightly larger than my usual shoes. I can't imagine why they use such unusual sizing but I hope this information will be helpful. If you order a size and a half smaller than usual, I feel sure they will be right...or very close.

Now......the not so good part. I am 66 years old and grew up wearing Converse tennis shoes all through the 1960s; they were great shoes in every respect. If your experience is similar, you will immediately realize that these shoes are in almost no way, comparable. These look similar but they wear more quickly and aren’t nearly as comfortable; even the laces are of very poor quality.
11 people found this helpful
on May 1, 2016
Bought these to paint on. You can use a razor blade to open up the middle of the rubber logo, then peel off the rubber to expose the canvas.This is my second pair of Chuck Taylors that I've given the post-impressionist treatment to. They last almost forever if you take care of them!
review imagereview image
35 people found this helpful
on March 26, 2017
I've bought 2 pairs of Chucks from Amazon over the last 3 years and they never disappoint. I am size 9 in women's with wide feet and the size 7 men's fits like a glove. I have no problem with support because I live in flip flops in the summer, so I like the next to nothing feel of low top Chucks. I can say that they wear like the should, so after a year of lots of use, they are going to look a bit beat up... they are made of canvas after all. I am a rural postal carrier, so they get alot of use when I work in the warm months, they are perfect for walking around at a theme park, walking the dog and whatnot. I wouldn't wear them if you plan on walking a few miles or more, because you will get blisters! Otherwise, they are a great feel even for wide feet. I've worn Chucks for years and the ones offered on Amazon seem to be the real deal. P.s. the teal Chucks in my pic were purchased from this seller about a year ago.
31 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on August 21, 2017
Just got today, after further inspection i do believe these are knockoffs. With that being said, unless you are really looking for the small details that real converse have such as the soft fabric on the sole and others, you aren't going to be able to call them out as fakes.. as of right now I absolutely Love them, we will see if they fall apart. I really hope they don't but will update if i run into any problems.
8 people found this helpful
on September 12, 2017
The best thing about Converse is if you know your size by buying a pair in an actual retailer then that is your size and makes it easier to buy online as their sizing always is the same. I absolutely love these navy with UK flag at the toe. I buy all things unique and I had to get these. They are straight navy which is another hard to find spec. I normally do not shell out a lot of money on canvas shoes but I could not beat Amazon's price on my size so that was a plus. They are comfy and get the job done when going out on long walks in mild weather when it's not raining. They go well with anything. The color theme gives them a "rebel" look. No complaints here. I got mine straight from Amazon and not a third-party seller so if I'm not satisfied, I have A-Z protection.
review imagereview image
3 people found this helpful
on September 20, 2016
I returned these. I made the decision to buy these Chuck Taylors after a couple of recommendations from different people. Well, they were totally uncomfortable for a number of reasons: NO support to the foot, the bottom of the shoe is flat, inside and outside. Also, too narrow - I have a wide foot but usually don't have problems with the width on sneakers since I can just loosen the laces if necessary. That didn't work on these - just too tight. Finally, the way the shoe is constructed, there are rough seams on the inside which started rubbing on my foot immediately, very unpleasant.
4 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
(NOTE: Amazon won't let me post a review without answering the "How does the product fit?" question. In my case, no matter what answer I choose, it is incorrect. The Chuck Taylors are both too large and too small for my feet.)

This is the worst fitting shoe I've ever tried. Definitely not for wide feet.

Okay, they look cool, come in colors and have a long history. They've become fashionable among certain groups of people. They seem to me to be very well made of good material. I can't fault them for style or build. But I can't wear the things.

I wear an 11 EE in a street shoe. That is consistently, every time with shoes measured on a regular US last. In athletic shoes that only come in medium width, I go up a half to a full size depending on the brand. In athletic shoes that come in wide sizes, I still have to go up a half size and sometimes up to a 4E, again depending on brand. There is no consistency whatsoever in athletic shoe brands. Some never fit me properly (Adidas and Puma) while some fit me well (Onitsuka Tigers, Asics and New Balance). I was hoping the Converse would work but that is not to be.

First off, the Chuck Taylors are about a full size oversized in length. But since I have to buy larger than normal for width, I ordered some in my standard athletic shoe size 11.5, hoping that would even out the too long length with the too narrow width. Didn't happen. They are much too long, at least a full size. They are also too narrow, almost like a men's B width. I tried them with and without socks. With socks, my toes get pinched together by the narrow width in the toe area. Without socks, the toes feel better but the shoe slides up and down on my heel when I walk. I tried cinching them tight with the laces but could not keep them from sliding on my heel. Hoping they would stretch in the width a bit, I tried wearing them for two days around the house, in the backyard and in the neighborhood. Not a lot of walking, just puttering around. They don't work for me. If I ordered a size smaller, the length would probably be fine when worn without socks. But my toes would undoubtedly feel like they're in a vice.

Since I've worn them on the street, I can't return them. At least I bought them on sale and didn't pay the normal $50 +/- going price. Someone shopping at Goodwill with long, narrow feet might be happy with them.
on May 14, 2017
Exactly as described. Very pleased with them!
FYI... sizing with this particular Converse style runs large. I wear a size 7 in women's, which would typically be a size 5 in men's. In these, I wear a 4 /2.
6 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on March 2, 2016
Per Amazon recommendation, I ordered a size 13. OOPS! Too tight. Returned/reordered a pair of 14's. Fit well and I really love them.
They are described as:
"Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Lo Top Black Canvas Shoes with Extra Pair of White Laces men's 14 "
Unfortunately, the Extra pair of laces didn't come the the sneakers.
(Who the heck calls these "Canvas Shoes" anyway? They're SNEAKERS or CONS)
Solutions offered:
1. Return for full refund (Nope, they fit and I like them)
2. Credit for the price of a pair of Shoe Laces.
I took number 2.

Original Review:
Size Issue. I really believed the recommendation Amazon gave me and so bought a SIZE 13 when my regular size is 14. I returned the 13's and will probably purchase pair of size 14's.

So Amazon recommended a Size 13 and of course the "product fit" is "Too small" and the width is "Somewhat narrow".
3 people found this helpful