- Paperback: 299 pages
- Publisher: Limelight Editions; 3 edition (September 1988)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0879101008
- ISBN-13: 978-0879101008
- Product Dimensions: 9.2 x 6.1 x 0.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,615,741 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Conversing with Cage Paperback – September, 1988
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
If you are curious about why a composer would write music that is "silent", why he would use chance, nonintention, and denounce music as communication, this is a good book to begin an overview of Cage's philosophy of art.
It also shows that Cage's musical thought was not monolithic, but changed several times in the course of his life, as did his music.