- File Size: 538 KB
- Print Length: 371 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: March 10, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B06XFFP1BT
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #12,772 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Convicted: A Dark Ex-Con Romance Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
I loved the author's character development and that she touches on the discrimination of society towards ex-convicts. I did feel that him and Ally's relationship moved too fast after his release without taking the time to fully get to know each other again and that the ending was a bit rushed. All in all, it is a great story with a bit of steam and I enjoyed reading this book. I am voluntarily submitting my honest review.
This story resolved around three main characters, a brother and sister and her best friend. Eight years ago the brother killed the stepfather for assaulting his sister but nobody in town really knows what happened, including the best friend, so he was sent to prison. It begins the day he is released and his sister comes to pick him up unexpectedly since they had lost touch after their mother died. She has managed to keep the family house and now shares it with her best friend as roommates. The best friend had a crush on the brother since she was a teenager. He was her first kiss at sixteen and took her virginity two days after she turned eighteen, but then he got sent to prison and she hasn't heard or spoken to him since.
I don't like to provide spoilers or twists in a story so I will stop there, but I will say that once I started reading this I couldn't stop until I finished. I found this story heartbreaking and then hopeful and kept hoping for some type of redemption from his conviction and something to fall on the head of one particular woman's head ... when you read the story I believe you will feel the same :)
There are quite a few grammatical errors missed by the proofreaders, and even though I could still figure out the author's intent, if I was Piper I would make sure someone corrected and do another revision when the contract is up and renewed.
I voluntarily read and reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories & Anthologies > Short Stories
- Books > Romance > Contemporary
- Books > Romance > Military
- Books > Romance > Romantic Comedy
- Books > Romance > Sports
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Holidays
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories > Anthologies & Collections
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories > Single Authors
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > New Adult & College
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Psychological
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime Fiction > Vigilante Justice
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Military
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Romantic Comedy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Sports