Lyft Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

HALL OF FAMEon November 8, 2006
Stone has caught this reviewer's attention and admiration via his TLC program. I find him to be an adept chef with great attitude, right mate?

This work seeks to provide for home chefs three recipes for each seasonal ingredient on three levels of difficulty (time, technique, ingredients) from easy to everyday to adventurous. Example here is crab: easy is simple cracked crab seasoned on crusty bread with home-made mayonnaise; everyday is fresh orecchiette with crab and chili; adventurous is Crab, Carrot, and Celeriac Salad with Avocado Cream and Gazpacho.

His choice of seasonal ingredient focus is broad, surprising at times, yet readily available to home chefs. It ranges from scallops to raspberry to rhubarb to champaigne to crab to asparagus to vanilla. There are wide range of menu choices from appetizer to sides to desserts. This is truly a nice selection.

The recipes are mixture of some known (tomato, mozzarella, arugala salad) to very creative (tartare of hand-dives sea scallops with tomato essence and oscietra caviar). Each has good instructions and advice plus sumptuous color photos. The plating is superb! Only unmet desire here is for Curtis to provide wine advice for each dish, which he does on the show and he knows his wines as well. Would have been great to here some of his choices!

Flavors are fresh, refreshing and highlight quality of seasonal ingredients combined with great technique and topnotch plating.

This is truly one to buy, use, give and enjoy. Hope that this is just beginning for this chef, who has become one of my favorite gourmet mates!
22 comments| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 9, 2007
I LOVE THE SHOW TAKE HOME CHEF AND WATCH IT FAITHFULLY. IT WOULD ALSO BE GREAT IF THEY MADE A COOKBOOK FROM THE SHOW WITH ALL OF THE RECIPES. CURTIS AT SUCH A YOUNG AGE IS BRILLIANT AND CAN COOK ANY MEAL FROM ANY COUNTRY. I BELIEVE THAT IS A GIFT! THERE ARE MANY CHEFS TODAY BUT, NOT ALL CAN DO THAT AND MOST ARE OVER RATED. I HOPE IN THE FUTURE HE GETS THE RECOGNITION HE DESERVES. THIS COOKBOOK WAS GREAT AND CURTIS EXPLAINS ALOT OF THINGS THAT WE DO NOT KNOW ABOUT FOOD AND COMPONENTS TO MAKE UP A MEAL WHERE THEY COME FROM ETC.... IT IS A LEARNING EXPERIENCE WRAPPED UP IN ONE. IT HAS RECEIPES FROM EASY TO HARD WITH SOME GREAT PICTURES. CURTIS BEST OF LUCK TO YOU IN THE PRESENT & FUTURE! HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON!

A.C.FIDUCIA
on April 9, 2014
I absolutely love Curtis Stone's recipes. They are simply some of the best around. This is my second Curtis Stone book, and would recommend his books to anyone. If you are looking for fast, simple and great tasting recipes, this is it.
on January 14, 2016
We loved his show and now can cook with him in our home! Gorgeous photos and great recipes!
on February 13, 2008
I bought this book because I am a big fan of Take Home Chef! I was expecting the book to contain expert level recipes like those in a lot of the 'super star' chefs' but find Chef Curtis' recipes simple enough for us amateur cooks yet the results are elegant enough to show off to company... Keep up the good work, Chef Curtis!
on September 16, 2007
If you have never watched "Take Home Chef", you don't know what you are missing. Curtis is quite charming and very talented. I have tried several recipes from this book, getting raves for all. I loved the format - each section being based on certain ingredients. They are all easy to find and absolutely scrumptious!
on November 11, 2013
JUST AN ELEGANT COOKBOOK, REALLY..
EASY TO USE AND GO BY.. I GIVE THIS BOOK
5 STARS ALL THE WAY..
on September 29, 2007
This is exactly what I expected and then some. I love the way Curtis organized this cookbook into Seasons. It helps to take the guess work out of what I should/shouldn't cook. I love the way the book also introduces the degrees of ease for each recipe. I just read through each one and I'm confident that I can make even the most difficult.

I watch "The Take Home Chef" and love the recipes from the show and now I have something different to pair up with the seasons. Great job Curtis and I couldn't be happier with what you created for us. Thank you! :)
on November 10, 2008
I bought this book as a gift for my wife, but i have ended up taking some of the ideas out of here to use on my own. Some of the recipes in here, while not difficult or overly-complicated are a little more time consuming than i prefer, but the great thing is they are compartmentalized in the recipe so you dont have to scrap the entire meal just because you dont want to make a certain sauce, etc. We use the Sam the Cooking Guy book almost daily, and this book is a nice one to throw something in from once in a while.
on March 27, 2007
I am a huge Curtis Stone fan as a result of The Take Home Chef; I hadn't heard of him before that. His personality, patience and love of cooking comes through loudly and clearly. I love the intro he precedes each recipe with; I always love an insight into the inspiration behind a recipe, or the favorite ways to serve it, all really adds to the experience.

I haven't made any of the recipes yet, but love the organization by season and then ingredient with the variations by "degree of complexity". The only thing that could be better would be to have Curtis standing there in the kitchen with me to infuse his amazing techniques -- he makes everything look so easy and do-able!

If you love cookbooks, you will love this one. Great photos, great writing. Enjoy!