- Paperback: 368 pages
- Publisher: Oxmoor House; 1 edition (March 3, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0848732642
- ISBN-13: 978-0848732646
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 1 x 9.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (153 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #126,860 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast: Over 280 Incredibly Flavorful 5-Ingredient 15-Minute Recipes Paperback – March 3, 2009
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle edition for only $1.99 (Save 80%). Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
A pretty tall order, no? Suffice it to say I had a long and fruitless search with cookbooks that were almost perfect. And then I stumbled upon "Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast: Over 280 Incredibly Flavorful 5-Ingredient 15-Minute Recipes." And I fell in love. Why? Well, let me tell you:
1) As is usual with cookbooks the meals are categorized together under "Meat", "Soups", "Poultry", "Non-Meat Meals", etc. But what is different from many cookbooks I have encountered is that each recipe is put on its own page, with the picture of the meal on the opposite page. And below the recipe is a recipe for a suggested complimentary side dish. Which is also extremely quick to prepare, and healthy. As an anti-cook, I am thrilled that I can use pictures to help me choose my recipe.
2) The recipes have just a few ingredients, and so far nothing too exotic or strange, causing me to stumble all over town trying to find that specific obscure ingredient. Everything can be scooped up in a typical grocery store, and many ingredients are ones most people have in their pantries already.
3) These recipes are truly quick to prepare. They are flavorful AND healthy! This is a rather tough requirement to meet, usually, when trying to satisfy a toddler's need for simple fare, and a hubby's need for mouth-watering fare.
On my first attempt I selected Salmon with a garlic-chili glaze, and the side dish was sauteed snap peas with mint and grated orange peel. WOW! I had both dishes prepared in less than 20 minutes. We sat down for a nice family meal around the table, and it was an instant hit; my son was shoveling the salmon into his mouth quicker than a frog to a fly. And my husband ate everything, pronouncing it a Grand Slam, and he can be quite leery of green vegetables usually! So we had three happy campers, all in such a short amount of time! I actually teared up with happiness at seeing my family nourished with a healthful meal that I made all by myself, and without any post-cooking resentment or exhaustion!!
Since the first successful attempt there have been many more successful meals including almond-crusted tilapia, asiago-crusted pork chops, cumin chicken...
Who knows, this magical cookbook just might cause a professed Anti-Cook to become one of those Pro-Cooking people. I would not have believed it possible before buying this cookbook...
Cumin-Spiced Chicken with Chunk Tomato Sauce
Grilled Chicken with Rustic Mustard Cream sauce and roasted tomatoes
Spicy Shrimp and Cheese Grits
Cumin Chicken with Pineapple Mint Salsa and Coconut Almond Rice
Steaks with Dark Beer Reduction and Bleu Cheese, Steak Fries (OMG!!)
I could go on and on and on. We cook from this book every single week now. Just bought the Fresh Foods Fast Weeknight and added those to our repertoire.
GREAT book for anyone learning to cook, wanting to learn, or that doesn't want to spend tons of time in the kitchen but put meals on the table that LOOK like you did. Can't say enough good about this book.