Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop now Shop Popular Services MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 187 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 309 reviews
on March 8, 2017
I never got to play this game when it was first released, so when I saw how cheap it was now, I thought it'd be nice to give it a try on my little brother's 2ds. It's just a fun as I hoped it would it would be! the gameplay itself is simple, but provides a fun challenge for kids or those who are new to gaming! Even for someone who's been playing video games all my life, this game proved to be really fun and engaging, I can't put it down when I'm in the middle of finishing a recipe! And the pastel, pixel aesthetics are another lovely sight to behold! Definitely give this game a try!
on September 12, 2015
!!!I'M GONNA TELL YOU THE TRUTH,
THIS STUFF IS SO MUCH FUN! WHO CARES IF YOU DON'T CARE TO EAT.. JUST A GOOD CLEAN HAPPY POURING MEASURE ,EVERYTHING YOU NEED, INCLUDED...DON'T HESITATE@
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 1, 2017
I'm so glad i re bought this ! So much nostalgia and so much fun 😊
on March 6, 2017
Cooking Mama forever, yay!🤗
I was hesitant to buy this game when it first came out since I thought it sounded somewhat boring but boy did I get proven wrong! This game is very addicting and you want to keep trying to accomplish the task until you get a perfect gold score. Some of the recipes are things I have never heard of (kinda icky), but that does not matter because it is very amusing and everyone in my family now fights to have a turn with it. I will probably be getting the Wii version as well.
on January 15, 2007
Cooking Mama is a great game for cooks of all skill levels from instant noodle munchers to iron chef wannabes. You needn't be a master in the kitchen to do well in this game, but it does require some stylus skill to be a cook in mama's kitchen.

Players are required to complete a variety of basic cooking techniques which you will have the opportunity to practice till you are ready to get started. From chopping and slicing, to wrapping and breading, mama has you you do it all.

Dishes range from salsbury steak to sushi rolls. Degree of difficulty is primarily dependent on the type of task or number of steps required to complete a dish. Some require one or two steps to a combination of several techniques. The more you play, the more dishes you unlock. Depending on how well you do, mama gives you a bronze, silver, or gold medal. However, don't get mama mad or you shall feel her wrath!

Cooking Mama is a really fun game that's extremely addicting. It's hard to stop playing. They make you really want that gold medal! The fact that you are able to see the very basics of how to make a cool looking meal is a plus. I think it's a nice intro to those afraid of culinary arts. The only thing that prevented me from giving this game a 5 is the fact that we finished it so quickly. I wish there were a lot more dishes and greater degrees of difficulty. There were alot of dishes of course, but if you get as addicted to this game as we were, those dishes aren't enough!
on December 17, 2014
I purchased this for my daughter's DS. She played it on a friend's DS and had to have it. I have to say, it was a pretty good investment. Of all the games she had on the DS, this one was played with the most. I gave it only 4 stars, because I tend to favor more educational games, and I really don't feel this taught her anything (maybe helped improve fine motor skills?). I would recommend if you want a game that is engaging to help pass the time in the car or while waiting at a dentist appointment or something;)
on October 11, 2016
A lot more fun than I was expecting, actually, and since every recipe only takes a few minutes, it's a nice pick up game. My only complaint is sometimes ill do am action and it won't read it, but for the first in the series that's forgivable and doesn't take away from how fun the game is
on October 30, 2013
Cooking Mama is a great game that makes simulated cooking rather fun. It gives you a large variety of dishes to make, and can sometimes even give you ideas for cooking in real life. There's a fun point system that rates your cooking skills and it gives purpose to going back and making the same dishes again.

My only real grip is that the controls on the touch screen don't always register very well, and that often adds some unneeded frustration. Overall, though, it's worth the small amount of money it costs to play and is a classic DS game that launched a fun series.
on July 23, 2013
This game is a hit in our household with the cooking sound effects generating giggles and silliness and much enjoyment. It is a positive learning tool for elementary aged children as they actually must follow a recipe to " win ", that is beat-the-clock, as well as follow steps in sequence while using a specific cooking " technique" in order to accomplish a successful result.
An area to improve might be, though not an actual flaw, the amount of menu options to choose from. The kids do ask for more choices of different foods to prepare. Perhaps Cooking Mama 2 answers this need.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.