Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 189 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 313 reviews
on March 8, 2017
I never got to play this game when it was first released, so when I saw how cheap it was now, I thought it'd be nice to give it a try on my little brother's 2ds. It's just a fun as I hoped it would it would be! the gameplay itself is simple, but provides a fun challenge for kids or those who are new to gaming! Even for someone who's been playing video games all my life, this game proved to be really fun and engaging, I can't put it down when I'm in the middle of finishing a recipe! And the pastel, pixel aesthetics are another lovely sight to behold! Definitely give this game a try!
on July 23, 2013
This game is a hit in our household with the cooking sound effects generating giggles and silliness and much enjoyment. It is a positive learning tool for elementary aged children as they actually must follow a recipe to " win ", that is beat-the-clock, as well as follow steps in sequence while using a specific cooking " technique" in order to accomplish a successful result.
An area to improve might be, though not an actual flaw, the amount of menu options to choose from. The kids do ask for more choices of different foods to prepare. Perhaps Cooking Mama 2 answers this need.
on June 23, 2017
This game is awesome! You get to go through a bunch of recipes from all around the world and make them all. Better scores unlock more recipes.
on September 12, 2015
!!!I'M GONNA TELL YOU THE TRUTH,
THIS STUFF IS SO MUCH FUN! WHO CARES IF YOU DON'T CARE TO EAT.. JUST A GOOD CLEAN HAPPY POURING MEASURE ,EVERYTHING YOU NEED, INCLUDED...DON'T HESITATE@
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 1, 2017
I'm so glad i re bought this ! So much nostalgia and so much fun 😊
on March 6, 2017
Cooking Mama forever, yay!🤗
I was hesitant to buy this game when it first came out since I thought it sounded somewhat boring but boy did I get proven wrong! This game is very addicting and you want to keep trying to accomplish the task until you get a perfect gold score. Some of the recipes are things I have never heard of (kinda icky), but that does not matter because it is very amusing and everyone in my family now fights to have a turn with it. I will probably be getting the Wii version as well.
on January 15, 2007
Cooking Mama is a great game for cooks of all skill levels from instant noodle munchers to iron chef wannabes. You needn't be a master in the kitchen to do well in this game, but it does require some stylus skill to be a cook in mama's kitchen.

Players are required to complete a variety of basic cooking techniques which you will have the opportunity to practice till you are ready to get started. From chopping and slicing, to wrapping and breading, mama has you you do it all.

Dishes range from salsbury steak to sushi rolls. Degree of difficulty is primarily dependent on the type of task or number of steps required to complete a dish. Some require one or two steps to a combination of several techniques. The more you play, the more dishes you unlock. Depending on how well you do, mama gives you a bronze, silver, or gold medal. However, don't get mama mad or you shall feel her wrath!

Cooking Mama is a really fun game that's extremely addicting. It's hard to stop playing. They make you really want that gold medal! The fact that you are able to see the very basics of how to make a cool looking meal is a plus. I think it's a nice intro to those afraid of culinary arts. The only thing that prevented me from giving this game a 5 is the fact that we finished it so quickly. I wish there were a lot more dishes and greater degrees of difficulty. There were alot of dishes of course, but if you get as addicted to this game as we were, those dishes aren't enough!
on July 9, 2017
Works fine
on December 17, 2014
I purchased this for my daughter's DS. She played it on a friend's DS and had to have it. I have to say, it was a pretty good investment. Of all the games she had on the DS, this one was played with the most. I gave it only 4 stars, because I tend to favor more educational games, and I really don't feel this taught her anything (maybe helped improve fine motor skills?). I would recommend if you want a game that is engaging to help pass the time in the car or while waiting at a dentist appointment or something;)

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.