Deal of the Day: Select DC titles on Blu-ray and DVD
Save on featured DC Comics titles including all season 1s of The Flash, Arrow, and Gotham. This offer ends at 11:59:59 PM (PT) on July 25, 2016. Learn more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Just a few stereotypes that stood out were:
- The young black guy getting drafted, as if that is all that young black guys aspire to.
- The young attractive goldigger girlfriend
- The overprotective mother and goofy father
- Once blacks move into the neighborhood all of their family come, which are always ghetto, and take over the neighborhood
- The "cool" white guy that is down with everyone.
Now moving on to the predictability:
- From the getgo, did we not know that he would get picked?
- It was so obvious way before Eve came in the picture that the goldigger girlfriend would get dropped and that Eve would get the guy.
There was no real substance to the film, so other than those 2 points, nothing else was really going on. Farah Fawcett??? Why???
I really don't think that I laughed once the entire film. The characters that Queen Latifah and Danny Glover played were just plain embarassing. So over the top and NOT funny. I really don't like this film and probably will never watch it again.
I really like the lady that plays the mom (can't remember her name), Queen Latifah and Danny Glover, but I cannot recommend this film. Don't waste your time.
Yes. I know its "stereotyped" and "predictable" but it doesn't mean its not funny. I went out to blockbuster and rented this movie. When I came back, my friends groaned.
"Thats the blackest movie ever!" "You should have played it save and rented Dude Where's My Car." But in the end, everyone loved it. Brittany does get VERY annoying, and one of the best parts of the whole movie is the security guard and the Crowley's.
The things in between. Name any other movie that has a full throttle security guard who cleans her glass and kisses it everyday. Now, we watch this movie all the time.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Funny movie with crazy situations. Not so different from lots of our relatives.Published 19 months ago by Evelyn
The talent associated with this should be embarrassed that they ever agreed to be part of it.. I can't tell what's worse: The bad script, the no sense of timing direction, the... Read morePublished on June 28, 2014 by Jimmy R
I love the movie the cookout and had to get it for my kindle fire.It looks amazing on the kindle fire.I encourage all who love a good movie to get The Cookout.Published on May 16, 2012 by kkaylat