Hill Climb Racing 2 Vehicles Review HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on September 21, 2016
I love Cook's Country. I tried several dishes and everyone enjoyed it. The articles are interesting and their ratings of different products are helpful. The only thing that disappointed me was that, I misplaced an issue and went online to get a recipe. Altho I already subscribe to the magazine, I needed to be a paid member to access their online recipes. And this is a monthly cost. I subscribe to other magazines and they don't charge to get recipes off their websites.
on March 7, 2013
Before I had my son I was an avid Cook's Illustrated reader and made many of their recipes. While I was sad to let the subscription go with a toddler it just wasn't practical for me to follow recipes to a 35 step meatloaf. Cook's Country is the down home cousin of Cook's Illustrated with real busy life recipes that are as delicious and successful as it's refined counterpart. I love the photographs, the tips, tricks and selection of recipes is actually superior. I will stick with Cook's Country. It is a winner with my blue collar husband and picky little boy. I even find myself going on ebay.com to find old issues!
on September 7, 2013
This isn't the cleapest cooking magazine you'll buy, but it's one of the best. Also with its sister publication, Cook's Illustrated, each issue gives you a host of great recipes and techniques not found elsewhere. Not slick or overly complicated, each recipe is easy to follow, prefaced with a thorough explanation of the whys and wherefors (what other approaches the test kitchen cooks tried before the final version) of each recipe. Each issue also contains various cooking techniques and tips, as well as product guides (one of my favorite sections in both Cook's Country and Cook's Illustrated. The difference between the two probably lies in the recipes . . . here they are a bit more homey . . .
on January 24, 2015
These dishes consistently turn out as advertised - unlike some other cookbooks and magazines. I like this mag better than Cooks Illustrated which I find a little more complicated than my time challenged schedule allows. Ingredients and spices are typically not super exotic. (I think we have all spent $25+ on ingredients and spices on a dish that we will never make again.) Instructions are very clear - even for a kitchen hack such as myself. Also the explainations help you to judge if you can safely deviate from the recipe. Overall - well worth the price
on December 25, 2016
This is a wonderful publication. It is much more than a report on recipes it is really about the science of cooking. I enjoy the gentleness of the writing and down to earth conversations it presents. What a wonderful magazine this is.
My mother-in-law discovered this magazine while she was visiting and showed it to me. Neither one of us subscribes to any cooking magazines though we both collect recipes like fiends. However, we have both decided to make this magazine one of two we will be subscribing to (the other being Penzey's ONE). the layout is friendly and easy to read, the articles are informative without being obnoxious, and the ratings categories are great (latest edition did chef's knives and lemonades). Also very helpful is the back cover - it lists all the recipes and what page they are on, as well as showing some pictures. Great for when you're looking for a specific one and don't want to have to page through the magazine to find it! The recipes are such that an inexperienced cook would have no difficulty but an experienced cook would still enjoy preparing them. All-in-all, a great magazine!
on February 22, 2015
I have been a subscriber for 3+ years. I have given it as gifts to friends and family. No advertisements. Almost every issue is worth reading cover to cover. I have found new and enjoyable recipes in every issue. And finally, the customer service is all that could be asked for. In conclusion, worth every penny.
on December 19, 2013
This subscription provides quality recipes in heavy paper stock with beautiful pics of most recipes, well worth the price.
I will probably renew this one along with Taste of The South, another very nice publication of nice recipes. Neither has an excessive amount of advertising.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 9, 2013
I have a library of both the Cook's Country magazines and cookbooks. I like that cook's country perfects the recipes and explains how they did it. I think the amount of recipes in this magazine is worth the price. I am a big fan of their Lost Recipes books and magazines. These are my go to s for cooking!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 26, 2012
If you have ever watched their show on TV, this magazine is like a paper version. Large heavy-weight paper pages make this a magazine worth saving. Great recipes, with excellent directions and product reviews that are very helpful. First issue came in about 3 weeks and a second followed a week later to get me up to date. I will definitely be renewing my subscription for this magazine.Cook's Country