CoolStream Bluetooth Adapter for Audi and Volkswagen iPod iPhone Ami Cable CarPro
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- BLUETOOTH ADAPTER for Audi and Volkswagen with factory installed 30 Pin AMI cable usually found in glove box or center console. NOT compatible with USB only iPod cables. NOT compatible with Audi 2G AMI/MMI. Bluetooth music streaming only, does NOT support phone calls.
- PLUG, PAIR and PLAY. The CarPro works with iPhone and Android phones. Due to problems with iOS 13 NOT working properly with Bluetooth devices, the CarPro may not work as expected. The 30 Pin iPod cable is NOT included with CarPro. Song information display is ONLY supported for iPhones. No support for Android. Does NOT support multiple Bluetooth devices being connected simultaneously.
- STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS SUPPORTED. Use the steering wheel buttons to control music saved on your phone including play/pause, track forward/back and volume up/down. Pandora, Spotify and other music streaming apps CANNOT be controlled by steering wheel buttons. CarPro is power by the Audi. There is NO built-in battery.
- FOR AUDI STEREO to recognize the CarPro you need to have at least 1 song downloaded and saved to your iPhone from iTunes so that the CarPro’s software can communicate with the car’s entertainment system. The CarPro can have connectivity issues with the Audi due to iOS 13 NOT working properly with Bluetooth devices.
- DESIGNED and SERVICED in USA. CoolStream is a USA company committed to customer service. Click on the “Sold by CoolStream” link above to contact us by email or telephone. We are based in NH and happy to help.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The CoolStream CarPro for Audi and Volkswagen is a Bluetooth adapter that allows you to make the old 30-pin iPhone/iPod cable in your Audi or Volkswagen useful again!
- The CarPro is designed specifically to support music streaming from mobile devices such as iPhone (including but not limited to 5,6,7,8,X) iPad and Android devices.
- iTunes that are saved directly to your iPhone will display on your entertainment screen. Songs saved to your Android device will not display.
- Play and control your downloaded and saved music from your iPhone or Android phone using your steering wheel controls.
- Stream your favorite music apps such as Spotify, Pandora, YouTube or Audible. (The steering wheel controls will not work with these apps.)
- After the first use, the CarPro will automatically reconnect to your mobile device after starting up the engine.
The CoolStream CarPro is Cool and Easy. Just PLUG, PAIR and PLAY
If your Audi or Volkswagen comes with the older iPhone/iPod cable then the CoolStream CarPro is just the ticket for you to be able to stream your music from your phone using Bluetooth technology. The CarPro plugs right into the cable for a fast and easy connection.
THE CABLE IS NOT INCLUDED.
The CoolStream CarPro will power on with your vehicle and quickly pair to any Bluetooth enabled device such as iPhone (5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus,6s ,6s Plus, 6se, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, X, XR, SX, XS Max), Android and Windows devices.
For best sound quality please set your phone volume to MAX.
Finally a Bluetooth upgrade for your Audi or Volkswagen so you can listen to your music, books, or favorite streaming site.
You MUST have at least one song downloaded and saved to your phone for the CarPro to work. This song must reside on your phone and cannot be part of a playlist.
Adding Bluetooth to your Audi or Volkswagen just got really Cool and really Easy.
Your Audi or Volkswagen will finally have the Bluetooth technology that you have been wanting.
Use your steering wheel buttons to play and change tracks of your downloaded music.
This feature is designed to work with the music that is downloaded and saved to your phone. This feature will not work with the music you play from a streaming app like Spotify or Pandora.
The CarPro even works with some Marine Stereos!
If your marine stereo on your boat has a factory installed 30-pin cable and you don't see your stereo listed here you could be eligible to be a Beta Tester for CoolStream. Click on 'sold by CoolStream' at the top of this page for more information.
- Alpine CDA-9886M Marine CD receiver with USB input and iPod cable
- Fusion True-Marine Stereo Model MS-RA205
- Fusion Marine Stereo for iPod Model MS-IP600
- Jenson Marine Radio MSR2107
We are located right here in Exeter, New Hampshire, USA.
CoolStream is located right here in Exeter, NH USA. All of our products are designed and serviced in beautiful Exeter, New Hampshire.
If you should have any questions, issues, complaints or compliments please know we are always happy to help.
Compare with similar items
CoolStream CarPro for Audi or Volkswagen.
Stream Music to Audi or VW Stereo with CoolStream CarPro. Make the old 30 pin iPhone 4 cable in your Audi or Volkswagen useful again by using CoolStream’s latest Bluetooth adapter, the CarPro. It is specifically designed to support music streaming from mobile devices, such as iPhone 6 or iPad Air, to the Audi AMI or VW MDI factory iPod connector.
Easy Installation. Just Plug, Pair and Play
The CoolStream CarPro plugs on to the 30 pin old iPod / iPhone cable. When you turn on the car, the CarPro automatically powers on and is ready to pair with your phone. After the first use, it will automatically reconnect to your mobile device. No additional cables to plug in, no batteries to charge and no microphones to find. Just play your music. The CarPro also works with the steering wheel buttons so that you can control the playback of songs saved on your phone. Pandora and other music streaming apps cannot be controlled with steering wheel buttons.
Optimized for ALL iPhone models
The new iPhones have the lightning 8-pin connector and do NOT go on the old 30 pin cable. No problem. We have optimized the software inside of the CoolStream CarPro for the ALL iPhone models. Once you have paired your iPhone to the CarPro, your music library (music saved on your iPhone) will appear on the car’s entertainment system screen. You will be able to navigate through your music library using the car's control buttons. Please note that this function is only for iPhone and iPad. It is NOT supported for iPod or Android devices. Also song/artist information and command button controls are NOT supported for music played from Pandora or other music streaming apps.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
If you own an Audi, VW or Benz from around 2008 to around 2015, there is a good chance your car has bluetooth but can't stream music. This adapter lets you add bluetooth streaming. I tried the a cheaper alternative first, but it did not even power on.
The CoolStream CarPro is specifically designed to adapt a vehicle's 30-pin apple connector into a functional bluetooth device. My device is the Google Pixel 2 XL. Being android, it acts more like a dumb receiver. If you use it with an ipod or iphone, you do get more functionality like browsing playlists and such.
I know this is pricey but it works and it's a bit cheaper than the Bovee 1000 or the Bovee WMA3000A+.
Installation: Plug it in, and connect to it in via your phone's bluetooth settings. The light blinks blue when it’s searching, and solid blue when paired.
On your AMI/MMI screen, select Sources, and select the CarPro, it has a little iPod icon. You can leave the screen like this, raise the bluetooth volume on your phone to the max, and start playing anything you’d like. You can use both volume controls on the steering wheel or radio.
Small note, the very first time I used it something odd occurred but it hasn't happened since, so do not worry. But I would like to share it with you.
Every time I’ve clicked pause in in any app, it paused for a few seconds, then automatically resumed. I’ve even force quit the app, and it will pop right back up. If this occurs (and remember it hasn't happened since the first time I used it, you can switch to another source, such as the radio or SD card, and that will have the unit send the proper pause command to the phone.
But what makes this adapter work quite well is that you can connect to it and be connected to the AMI/MMI unit at the same time. AMI set to phone calls, and the adapter set to audio streaming and now it’s integrated seamlessly.
Lastly, when you turn your car off, the blue LED light might still be on. I was nervous that this could drain the battery overtime, but it eventually goes into hibernation. It will auto-connect as soon as your phone is in range.
7.22.17 update: CarPro is continuously fighting with other bluetooth audio devices in range. Headset click every time CarPro tries to connect, despite car being turned off. Then other times when starting car up it doesn't want to connect. Have to cycle Bluetooth connection. Knocking down a star.
12.26.2017 update: won't pair 75% of the time for unknown reasons. Very annoying. Not easy to reach into glove box to unplug and replug device. Defies wireless purpose. Down to 2 stars.
11.10.2018 update: have used it twice in a year. Device stays active when car is off. It works but not seamlessly.
Top reviews from other countries
When I touch the plug to the device I can hear feedback on my speakers. However there is no light or response from the product when plugged in fully.
I have been troubleshooting with no luck. I think this product is good (given my friends reference) however I have one that does not work and cannot refund.
$141 and hasn’t worked for a second.