CoolStream Duo. Bluetooth Adapter / Bluetooth Receiver; accessories for iPhone, Samsung, Nokia, HTC, LG, Motorola; for Music Docking Stations, Motorcycles, Car Stereos
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- RESCUE YOUR BOSE SoundDock. Use the CoolStream Duo to Bluetooth your music from your iPhone or Android phone to your Original Bose SoundDock, Bose SoundDock I, SoundDock II, Portable SoundDock or SoundDock 10.
- NEED BLUETOOTH for your car stereo with AUX jack, wired headphones or stereo receiver? Plug them into the Duo using its built-in AUX Jack. Rechargeable battery for 5 hours of streaming and audio cable for 3.5mm AUX Jack included.
- WORKS WITH all models of iPhone, Android phones and any other Bluetooth enabled devices. Compatible with Victory Motorcycle iPod cable.
- ONE YEAR WARRANTY and customer service located in New Hampshire. Click “Sold by CoolStream” to reach out to us.
- NOT COMPATIBLE WITH all car 30 pin iPod cables. Check link to car information listed in product description. We have the CoolStream CarPro for use with car iPod cables. Contact CoolStream for more information for car Bluetooth solutions.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
CoolStream Duo. Bluetooth Adapter / Bluetooth Receiver
Description – CoolStream Duo. Bluetooth Music Receiver, Model BTR102
The CoolStream Duo now supports Multipoint Technology.
You can connect 2 mobile devices (ie your iPhone and your iPad) to the CoolStream Duo simultaneously! Now you can have Duo DJs alternating between the music on each device. Enjoy your music collection on your iPhone as well as Pandora on your friend’s iPad.
CoolStream Duo features two options to plug into your home or car stereo systems.
- 30 pin Connector – Plugs into the old connector of iPhone docking stations including all Bose SoundDock models, Apple HiFi Dock and iHome clock radio iPhone docks.
- 3.5mm Auxiliary Jack – Connect to digital docking stations including Sony Micro HiFi Docks and Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin. The CoolStream Duo will also work with home audio systems, boomboxes and car stereos that have a 3.5mm auxiliary jack.
The CoolStream Duo also offers two options to power its Bluetooth function.
- 30 Pin Connector – Power the CoolStream Duo directly by placing it on the 30 pin connector of your docking station or 30 pin charging cable.
- Rechargeable Battery – Get 5 hours of music streaming with the CoolStream Duo’s rechargeable battery.
- The CoolStream Duo is the Bluetooth music receiver with the extra features that make it really cool.
- Bluetooth 3.0 for No Pin Pairing and Automatic Power On
- Operates with both 5V and 12V power sources
- Compatible with first generation Bose SoundDock and Apple HiFi Dock as well as some car iPod cables
- Built-in 3.5mm auxiliary jack works with wired headphones
- Rechargeable battery operates for 5 hours Included with the CoolStream Duo
- 3.5mm Auxiliary Cable
- Quick Start Guide
- 1 Year Warranty
Technical Specifications – CoolStream Duo. Bluetooth Music Receiver
- Bluetooth receiver with 30 pin connector. Plugs into iPhone or iPad docking stations or car iPhone/iPod cable
- 3.5mm auxiliary line out jack connects to home and car audio equipment. 3.5mm auxiliary cable included with CoolStream Duo
- Pairs with all iPhone models, iPads, Android phones and any other Bluetooth enabled device
- Supports Bluetooth music streaming from mobile device to docking stations, home stereos, boomboxes or car speakers
- Bluetooth version 3.0 supports Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) for true stereo sound
- Multipoint Technology for pairing 2 devices simultaneously
- No Pin Pairing and Auto Power On
- Maximum Bluetooth Range is 30 feet
- Automatically detects 5V (home) or 12V (car) Power Supply
- To achieve best quality sound, mobile device should be at maximum volume
- AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile) not supported
- Not compatible with car entertainment system’s command and control functions (ie steering wheel volume control)
- Does not support handsfree calling
The start up guide is included with every CoolStream Duo and is available on the website, (http://coolstreamrocks.com/coolstream-duo-bluetooth-music-receiver/ ). Start up guide link: http://coolstreamrocks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/CoolStream-Duo-Manual-sep-2014.pdf Technical support email: email@example.com Technical support telephone: 603-421-6515 Compatibility Information (http://coolstreamrocks.com/coolstream-iphone-dock-compatibility/ and http://coolstreamrocks.com/car-compatibility/ )
Seller Warranty DescriptionThe CoolStream Duo is backed by our 1 year warranty. Please contact us via email if you have any questions.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It works great! As soon as I received it, I plugged it in to the Bose, opened up the Bluetooth Settings on my iPhone 5s, paired them, and stared playing music. It works like a charm.
I have a typical wood frame single family home, and I walked around the house while the SoundDock was in the living room, and it never lost the signal, even when I went downstairs and in the garage. The distance that the signal reached was very impressive. I was concerned that since this was Bluetooth, not Wifi like an Airport Express set-up, I would have to stay in the same room, but that was not the case at all. The other nice thing about this is that you can control the devices volume from your iPhone while you are playing music. I set the Bose volume to max, and then control the volume from my phone.
I easily paired my MacBook Pro, iPhone 5s, and 3rd gen iPad, and played music from all of them on the Bose.
It has another feature that you might not use often, but it does add value in my opinion. The Duo has an auxiliary out port that you can plug into any radio that has an auxiliary in port using a 3.5mm Auxiliary Jack and play music through that player as well. This would make it work with any device that doesn't have the Apple 30 pin connector. While it is plugged in to the 30 pin connector, it is charging it's internal battery, so you can take it with you and play it through other devices with the 3.5mm Auxiliary Jack wire. They say you'll get 4-5 hours, of play on a full charge, but I did not test this.
Overall, I strongly recommend this product.
* Home stereo
* Your wired headphones
* Your wired earphones
* You old 30 pin Apple docking station (see my video)
* A boom box with and AUX input
* Car stereo with an AUX input jack
You can stream your music from any device and this Bluetooth receiver uses Bluetooth 3.0. I plugged it into my older 30 pin docking station that I used with my iPhone 4 and then I streamed music to the docking station from my new iPhone 5S wirelessly. I also charged the battery in the Bluetooth receiver and I plugged in my wired headphones and turned them into a set of wireless headphones. The built in rechargeable battery lasts for up to 5 hours of operation. The only downside is that you have to charge the unit with an Apple 30 pin cable or a 30 pin docking station.
There is an LED on the top and when it is red the internal battery is charging. When it is a solid blue the internal battery is fully charged. If the LED is blue and quick flashing then the unit is in the Bluetooth pairing mode and when it is slow flashing blue it is Bluetooth paired to your device.
The unit comes with an auxiliary cable that is 20 inches long and each end is a 3.5 mm stereo jack. The unit can receive music wirelessly and output it through the Aux port or the 30 pin Apple style of plug. This makes the unit a multifunctional receiver with a lot of applications. I could play my music from over 30 feet away and shooting through multiple walls.
I liked how I could take an old iPhone docking speaker station and now use it wirelessly and also connect my favorite wired headphones using Bluetooth to my phone. I rated this product as a 5 star item. Just remember you have to charge it with an Apple 30 pin connector or with at 30 pin docking station.
I was supplied a sample of the product for test and evaluation and I promised to provide a fair and honest review.
It cost a little more than other adapters, but it looks like it's uses are pretty diverse (with headphone,docked, etc). I recommend this to anyone trying to get a little longer life out of the older 30-pin technology.
Most recent customer reviews
The second one died with an odor.Read more
The range is at least 100 feet (professional Basketball Court length) in addition to that my Bose speaker is...Read more